Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

So did we receive everything that was hyped about?

OP AKAtheFonz

Im just curious, i know a few months ago the HW team was hyping up something good and someone said they went to art school or something but all we got was a half finished map that isnt even 3s yet. Im just curious as to if that was the big surprise that was hyped about or if theres more to come
AKAtheFonz wrote:
Im just curious, i know a few months ago the HW team was hyping up something good and someone said they went to art school or something but all we got was a half finished map that isnt even 3s yet. Im just curious as to if that was the big surprise that was hyped about or if theres more to come
Fort Jordan it’s in customs there is bugs with the map this post will most likely be locked because there is a whole forum about fort Jordan
TBE Reek wrote:
AKAtheFonz wrote:
Fort Jordan it’s in customs there is bugs with the map this post will most likely be locked because there is a whole forum about fort Jordan
No, im aware about fort jordan, its alright but yes very buggy. Im more curious as to if thats what the big surprise was or if theres something bigger they’re working on that hasnt been released yet
If its only Fort Jordan i would be a bit dissapointed tbh.. Would like some extra Maps The Rotation is getting annoying...
Pretty sure that's what they were talking about. It's possible that something else is in the works but if that is true they haven't talked about it.
The hype is that this game is still being supported and receiving content past its end of life lol.
Considering they had said forever ago that they were done updating and adding to Halo Wars 2 and now they're planning stuff again? It's very possible they might have some more stuff up their sleeves, but don't get too excited.
I was thinking exactly this today... I cannot believe it is only a half--Yoink- designed map, sorry folks, I know some people may like Fort Jordan, but for me, it is incredibly disappointing that the map we received after a year is a map designed with a map editor that doesn't give justice to HW level of details and love.

But even more disappointing than that is the fact that they could have spent that time creating something towards the hardcore community of HW2, which is the community that still is playing the game. I am talking about new competitive modes, in-game championships like StarCraft 2, a real map editor (to let community do even better things than Fort Jordan), a real multiplayer AI with difficult selection, a flood multiplayer game mode in the multiplayer section, FIX ALL THE BUGS OF THE GAME, unlock 60 FPS for the "most powerful console ever built (geezes...)", fix the frigging black screen in spectator, create a cinema mode for recording our battles, let us see the full map after a match like the original HW and like many other RTS, give us some new Campaign challenges, (my opinion) reduce from 10 matches to classify to 6, (impossible wishes) make a new dlc focused on Kinsano.

I really hope Fort Jordan was not the only HYPE thing for HW2 this year.
BlinxESP wrote:
I was thinking exactly this today... I cannot believe it is only a half--Yoink- designed map, sorry folks, I know some people may like Fort Jordan, but for me, it is incredibly disappointing that the map we received after a year is a map designed with a map editor that doesn't give justice to HW level of details and love.

But even more disappointing than that is the fact that they could have spent that time creating something towards the hardcore community of HW2, which is the community that still is playing the game. I am talking about new competitive modes, in-game championships like StarCraft 2, a real map editor (to let community do even better things than Fort Jordan), a real multiplayer AI with difficult selection, a flood multiplayer game mode in the multiplayer section, FIX ALL THE BUGS OF THE GAME, unlock 60 FPS for the "most powerful console ever built (geezes...)", fix the frigging black screen in spectator, create a cinema mode for recording our battles, let us see the full map after a match like the original HW and like many other RTS, give us some new Campaign challenges, (my opinion) reduce from 10 matches to classify to 6, (impossible wishes) make a new dlc focused on Kinsano.

100% agree.

And indeed; if you don't want to put designers on the game, use your creative community.
BlinxESP wrote:

I can understand being disappointed by a mega hyped event and getting little to nothing; but do remember Fort Jordan wasn't designed by a full dedicated team. It was I think 2 guys working on it in their spare time amongst all the other things they had on their plate.

Now, I'm not saying that justifies their hype about new content, but don't go jumping down their throats about quality thinking it was done by a full team when it was literally just 2 or 3 people who worked on something they felt proud to accomplish.
BlinxESP wrote:
I can understand being disappointed by a mega hyped event and getting little to nothing; but do remember Fort Jordan wasn't designed by a full dedicated team. It was I think 2 guys working on it in their spare time amongst all the other things they had on their plate.

Now, I'm not saying that justifies their hype about new content, but don't go jumping down their throats about quality thinking it was done by a full team when it was literally just 2 or 3 people who worked on something they felt proud to accomplish.
But Maryland, why we have to receive it then? If you cannot make it to the equal quality of the rest of the game, then why to do it? I honestly don't understand. And I should understand was done by one person??? I don't care was 2 or 10 man, come on! I am really happy they came out with this, but I am still wondering myself... Is it soooo hard, to get some people along with the community with the talent to design a decent map? Is it that hard to even consider to hire a 3d artist from CA Games for freelance work? Money? What are those Blitz pack doing there? Do you need money? Then maybe create a special Blitz pack called: "Community Supply Drop" to help with a championship and along the way to hire that "team" to design a map...

No man, that is not cool at all, this game deserves better. Don't come out with a low-quality addition to the game. Focus on hardcore content, balancing or improving damn bugs. If come out with something like a map then do it when it is well done. The game doesn't deserve that. HW2 doesn't deserve this. Spend time creating another event like the Yappening, that was way more fun and had a better impact on the community if you don't have a budget.
BlinxESP wrote:
BlinxESP wrote:

But Maryland, why we have to receive it then? If you cannot make it to the equal quality of the rest of the game, then why to do it? I honestly don't understand. And I should understand was done by one person??? I don't care was 2 or 10 man, come on! I am really happy they came out with this, but I am still wondering myself... Is it soooo hard, to get some people along with the community with the talent to design a decent map? Is it that hard to even consider to hire a 3d artist from CA Games for freelance work? Money? What are those Blitz pack doing there? Do you need money? Then maybe create a special Blitz pack called: "Community Supply Drop" to help with a championship and along the way to hire that "team" to design a map...

No man, that is not cool at all, this game deserves better. Don't come out with a low-quality addition to the game. Focus on hardcore content, balancing or improving damn bugs. If come out with something like a map then do it when it is well done. The game doesn't deserve that. HW2 doesn't deserve this. Spend time creating another event like the Yappening, that was way more fun and had a better impact on the community if you don't have a budget.
Fort Jordan was green lit for reasons that were actually listed in one of the pinned message boards (specifically the one about Fort Jordan's release). As for how many people they could afford to relocate? Remember; this is a point in time in which they are not only working on Infinite, but also fixing MCC, as well as trying to come up with more content for Halo Wars 2 (as a side bit). So, yeah, they're stretched pretty thin and considering the fact they said beforehand that they were done with adding new content to HW2, they can't exactly go spending resources, time, and money on something they previously had already finished. The only reason they turned that statement around was because of the outcry for more love to HW2.

They also can't just go taking people from the community for any various reason. Allowing the community to make functional decisions, maps, and changes to the game may have legality issues tied to it. Often times compensation for the communities time (unless it's all free anyway such as Team Fortress 2) is expected but the companies either don't want to pay or can't because of the limits of their funds. Halo Wars 2 had most likely a moderately normal fund amount (I'm not sure and this may not even be the reason why 343i decided not to go with aid from the community, it's just speculation on my part) and likely every bit of it was already spent on the game. (Hence why Fort Jordan was done by a few guys who had some extra time on their hands and not a full dedicated team)

I'm not saying that you should be satisfied with low quality content; but this map was made without compensation to the development team of a few people who did it because they WANTED to, not because they were PAID to. If this was a full development team project that was completely funded to be made and was then dropped for us to use; then I'd see where you're coming from. But because this was done by two or so guys with some spare time on their hands (which in all likely hood wasn't actual spare time and was more time they weren't eating, sleeping, or performing regular hygiene) you should really consider reeling it back a bit. You're getting upset over free content that wasn't even fully funded.