Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

So I'm Gonna Be That Guy...

OP Red Sentinel

Okay,so before I move forward with my thoughts on this,I realize that there is a complete edition of Halo Wars 2 meant to be final with ALL DLC,but I've had...an epiphany lol. So,being that there are currently theories out there that perhaps,just maybe we've already seen a Halo 6 trailer (via what was supposed to have been the announce trailer for Halo 5) and the fact that it seems likely that Halo Wars is now tied into the main story,I had a thought: What if 343I and Creative Assembly were to forge one last DLC similar in scope to ATN? Now what I'm getting at here is that this could be a direct lead-in to Halo 6 as a kind of preparation that would also help their marketing campaign,but give us something as well. In theory,this DLC would see the crew of the Spirit Of Fire slowly losing it's foothold on the Ark to a growing mix of Banished forces in one corner,the Flood,and (spoiler alert) per the novel Halo:Hunters In The Dark,what appears to be some form of Promethean forces as well. At least the soldiers,as they are referred to in the book as "armigers" so I would presume. Just as Captain Cutter and company are about to get cornered by the overwhelming series of threats at the end of the mini campaign,they receive a faint transmission and just when the SOF looks totally doomed,they receive some familiar backup in the form of the UNSC Infinity,which was last seen attempting to evade Cortana and her guardians. After a series of random jumps,they arrive at the Ark,possibly via the same nature that pulled the SOF there,only to see another conflict erupting and as the two ships join forces,not counting Infinity's compliment of ten or so frigates,we are left with another major cliffhanger,because Halo,that's why haha. This DLC would include two new leaders hailing from the UNSC Infinity. Perhaps a Spartan four and Roland? I'm sure I'll catch flak if I say Palmer? Lol anyways you get the idea. Thoughts?
Sounds cool sadly wont happen since 343 will cut support to the game in a few months at best
What makes you say that? I hear Halo Wars 2 didn't sell that many copies surprisingly for what an excellent game it is,but I would hope they take the initiative and do something sweet like this. Ideally totally covert as well. No announcement,just surprise everyone one day when it just pops up.
Where can I donate my money?

I'd love this but it's not likely to happen.
What makes you say that? I hear Halo Wars 2 didn't sell that many copies surprisingly for what an excellent game it is,but I would hope they take the initiative and do something sweet like this. Ideally totally covert as well. No announcement,just surprise everyone one day when it just pops up.
We don't see digital sales, a majority of sales now are digital so this is honestly completely false.
And the game won't have any support after March and will only receive major bug fixes after that if any are found.
Isn't there a big time gap between the stories of HW1&2 and Halo4&5??
Halo Follower said it didn't sell that many copies. Probably the last person I would trust when it comes to Halo news.

So far I have only seen people cite physical copy sales. Most people buy digital nowadays. I have zero doubt HW2 sold fine.
Gosh darnit you had to be THAT GUY(lol)

In all seriousness though these are great ideas and points, but since they've stopped releasing big updates to the game you can be sure that this will sadly never happen ;(
Cool ideas, but halo wars 2 is done with dlc, we allready have a great selection of diverse leaders. And as far as leading into the nee games and story, i think the ending did a good job of connecting the games.
Spirit of Fire's ODSTs have already encountered armigers, so a 4 way fight like Halo CE is already happening : ) ATN's ending had no sentinels attack The Banished, but it could just be a Forerunner protocol.
Though I have a lot of doubt of anything Halo Wars 2 related being put in the main games due to recent decisions, given recent news and lore.
VGchartz is not as reliable as people reference it. I doubt the game was a massive success, otherwise there would've been more official reports. At the same time it can't have been a commercial failure as many say, due to no other evidence of it being a failed game.
If it was available on PC Steam it would sell a lot more....
Too bad common sense does not prevail with 343.
As if they had anything to say in this.

common sense does not prevail with you either
l Hagen l wrote:
As if they had anything to say in this.

common sense does not prevail with you either
Ofcourse they have a say. They are the ones that say whether or not they have the manpower to be able to do so.
Halo Follower said it didn't sell that many copies. Probably the last person I would trust when it comes to Halo news.

So far I have only seen people cite physical copy sales. Most people buy digital nowadays. I have zero doubt HW2 sold fine.
And people always seem to forget that unlike HW1 this game has microtransactions, 7 DLC characters at $5 a pop, Spearbreaker DLC at $5, and AtN at $20. This game made microsoft a lot of money; I know one day there will be a HW3. Might be 10 years from now might be 3 who knows.
It was a very decent game, should have been more, but bad decision making for patches, long wait times, CSR or no reward system, sloppy controls, and too many leaders to balance killed the series. I'm not pointing fingers as they had very long wait time for certifications and problems they just could not fix due to the lack of support and little understanding of the interactions between units. Maybe in HW3, they will learn from their mistakes but HW2 was a promising game.
I don't think that's their call.
They make the game point, no?
Well,I agree with many of the points made here. I personally couldn't see why HW2 wouldn't have had at least moderate to measurable success in sales and it's microtransactions have definitely made some revenue. I have already heard talks about a HW3 in the works somewhere down the line,as there had supposedly been rumors about 343I and CA kicking around the possibility of adding space fleet battles which I'd personally love to see. That same rumor also suggested they had later scrapped that idea,but a rumor is just that. I know HW2 is done,I just wish they'd take the initiative and start methodically throwing us breadcrumbs in a way that would make it fun and benefit everyone at the same time towards the lead up to the next major Halo title,although there again,rumor has it apparently there are two Halo titles currently in the works. Halo 6 and likely a side project. I know. I need to stop it with the "rumor has it" stuff haha but supposedly this tidbit came from some hacking work. Of course I couldn't say for sure. Thanks for the input guys!