Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

So two things...

OP Regnier575

...about this season. 1) normally I get placed high diamond in both 1v1 and 3v3 and last season had probably one of the best win/loss ratios I've had in a long time, yet this season got placed mid-high plat in both...? Did they reset MMR or what? Because it makes lit the sense. Before last season I barely played for ages and still got placed into diamond. Just seems strange and sucks.

2) I just went up against a decimus and he used the glassing beam to nuke two of my buildings at once without mercy...? Lol... not complaining I was just more shocked at what had happened.
Glassing Beam is broken and is getting fixed.
I only hope it will be before the next patch so we are not stuck with this for about a month.
Oh that's good then.
I only hope it will be before the next patch so we are not stuck with this for about a month.
I think they intend to crank out a mid-April mini patch to sort things out.
There's a soft mmr reset every season (basically they take your rank's distance from the mean and cut it in half), so you're always going to get placed lower (or higher if you're below average rating) than you were before barring some 10-0 placements.

Glassing beam is ridiculous right now and they've said they are changing it as previous posters have said.
Glassing Beam is not broken, its highly effective at its job I mean it might be putting in some OT hours but far from broken. Ok maybe just a little, I just want to nuke a few more armies before it gets patched or stays the same wishful thinking. Look at how long Izzy's mac ran wild for and only now got fixed.
Resolution, leave unit damage the same but nerf building damage in half?
I think if i wipe out 2 armies with 1 glassing beam then so be it, not my fault they all units on top each other just saying :)
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
Glassing Beam is not broken, its highly effective at its job I mean it might be putting in some OT hours but far from broken. Ok maybe just a little, I just want to nuke a few more armies before it gets patched or stays the same wishful thinking. Look at how long Izzy's mac ran wild for and only now got fixed.
Resolution, leave unit damage the same but nerf building damage in half?
I think if i wipe out 2 armies with 1 glassing beam then so be it, not my fault they all units on top each other just saying :)
I was mainly referring to the building damage. I haven't seen too much of it versus armies but I do know that the building damage is at exploit levels lol
I really haven't tried it against buildings I may have to load up a custom and check it out but against armies man it's stupid good and as a Banished main I hop its not nerfed into the ground against units.
I think there was a mmr hard reset with the yappening. 🤔
I must utilize this before they ruin- uh I mean fix this problem.
Did you say Prophet of Regret has returned?
Haven't placed in 2s or 3s yet. But 1s is X war now. CSR takes previous seasons into consideration and there was none. Last season I did 10-0 and placed onyx 1700. This season a 10-0 resulted in Diamond 3. All players went back to base.