Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Something I've noticed.

OP TheLuxuriousFox

How come Grunts don't automatically throw grenades when garrisoned like they do in the first game? I've never seen anyone actually question this, And Im not sure why it was removed.
How come Grunts don't automatically throw grenades when garrisoned like they do in the first game? I've never seen anyone actually question this, And Im not sure why it was removed.
because grenades is supposed to be a CD Y ability and automatically throwing granades would either cause them to waste their Y ability or it would be an infinite loop where they are able to demolish scouts and units passing by garrisons.
because grenades is supposed to be a CD Y ability and automatically throwing granades would either cause them to waste their Y ability or it would be an infinite loop where they are able to demolish scouts and units passing by garrisons.
They auto used them in the first halo wars and it didn't make the ability go on cooldown.

Also, Marines can already demolish units passing by garrisons because they spam rockets.

The least they should do is allow grunts to throw some grenades while garrisoned.
They auto used them in the first halo wars and it didn't make the ability go on cooldown.

Also, Marines can already demolish units passing by garrisons because they spam rockets.

The least they should do is allow grunts to throw some grenades while garrisoned.
The rocket is a passive weapon so the AI can fire it as much as it wants. It should also be noted that even though the rate of fire on the marine rocket is doubles, the damage per rocket is cut in halved while the marine is in the garrison. Neither units use their Y-ability which is fine just like no hero unit can passively use their active ability when garrisoned.
Yeah BUT, consider this... your Condor and several other units don't automatically use the "special" weapons without your okay. This feature is reserved for you to command at the 'right time' as opposed to leaving it up to some automatic decision which could cost you the game at a critical moment when your sitting there waiting for the units to recharge or arm 'up', I think its best left the way it is. Its the point of the whole decision making part of the game, aka, strategy.
They don't have grenades anymore. I don't think plasma grenades are even in hw2 at all. They have mines now and they are only a y ability. Probably with good reason, they can be thrown anywhere and left like any other mine. Just imagine if they were chucking them out every minute or so with no real CD. You would carpet areas in free mines.