Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Steam Release for HW2?

OP lunarchris24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would like to know why and how Halo Wars 2 hasn't come to Steam yet. We got Halo Wars 1 and that was a re-release handled by 343 since Ensemble is defunct. So given 343 worked on Halo Wars 2, I feel it could make sense to release it on Steam too, though this may be up to Microsoft if they wish to do just that. If they do release a definitive edition of HW2 by giving you all the DLC, a few new multiplayer maps to play on, and the ability to choose any campaign mission from the get go. To repeat the question at hand: will Halo Wars 2 ever get a Steam release?
All comes down to time and resources, at the moment 343 don't have either to devote to HW2 - majority of the team are working on Infinite with small teams working on MCC and Halo 5 sustain. There's always a chance it might come to Steam in the future, but it won't be anytime soon
It could also be because HW2 is available on XBox Game Pass, and I don't know how exclusive it is.
I wish Halo wars 2 will releas on steam. Loving the first halo wars.
Just bought the first halo wars and it was great.
I am still hoping that Halo Wars 2 can finally getting a release on Steam. I really love playing the Halo Wars Definitive Edition on Steam.
Me to man. we just have to wait. they still finishing halo mcc pc. maybe after that
Still Hoping For it Halo wars 2 on steam. we will wait for it.
Halo wars on steam plllsssss ahahaha.
Hopefully Crossplay and Progression can be implemented into a Steam version if it comes.
Yeah we just hope and wait for it to come.
I would like to know why and how Halo Wars 2 hasn't come to Steam yet. We got Halo Wars 1 and that was a re-release handled by 343 since Ensemble is defunct. So given 343 worked on Halo Wars 2, I feel it could make sense to release it on Steam too, though this may be up to Microsoft if they wish to do just that. If they do release a definitive edition of HW2 by giving you all the DLC, a few new multiplayer maps to play on, and the ability to choose any campaign mission from the get go. To repeat the question at hand: will Halo Wars 2 ever get a Steam release?
You can get before steam at Microsoft Store 👍
I am still hoping that Halo Wars 2 can finally getting a release on Steam. I really love playing the Halo Wars Definitive Edition on Steam.
same, i would buy it a second time if it was on steam
I would love for them to release it on Steam, maybe when they release ODST and 4 on Steam, they will put resources into bringing HW2 to Steam.
Please add Halo Wars 2 on steam! is necessary for Lore in Halo Infinite

While the Banished were introduced in Halo Wars 2, 343 Industries says you won't have to play that game to understand
https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-story-villain-details
Last time i check the game still goes for 60$ maybe if it comes to steam they will hopefully reduce the price to atleast 20$ but i really haven't heard anything yet.
Yeah we just have to wait for it. hopefully it will come to steam.
I say yes. More players! Faster game ques!
Moar games!
Yeah man. i love the game can't wait to play it.
Hope next year after MCC is done. they will work on halo wars 2 in pc steam.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2