Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Steam Release for HW2?

OP lunarchris24

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Seeing Halo Wars 2 come to Steam would be great. I know it's already available through the Microsoft Store but I prefer having all my games on one platform instead of feeling like I am being forced to split. It'd be great to see with Halo Infinite being delayed as well as it'd give me something to fill in the time with.
Yeah hope 343 work halo wars 2 on steam while halo infinite is delayed.
Yeah hope 343 work halo wars 2 on steam while halo infinite is delayed.
Infinite being delayed doesn't mean they time to go work on other projects - the delay is to work on Infinite, no scope to do this right now
yeah just hoping though hahaha
but still i will wait for HW2 on pc steam.
It would be nice
stckrboy wrote:
All comes down to time and resources, at the moment 343 don't have either to devote to HW2 - majority of the team are working on Infinite with small teams working on MCC and Halo 5 sustain. There's always a chance it might come to Steam in the future, but it won't be anytime soon
343i should bring in some new studios to the Halo fold.
stckrboy wrote:
All comes down to time and resources, at the moment 343 don't have either to devote to HW2 - majority of the team are working on Infinite with small teams working on MCC and Halo 5 sustain. There's always a chance it might come to Steam in the future, but it won't be anytime soon
This is the sad truth. I feel like the halo wars games(and books) are underrated
That would be really cool
Why is a steam release necessary when it would take away from the console playerbase, it’s already on the Microsoft store, plus its on the game pass as well, but there’s no real reason for a steam release, maybe more people might find the game, but not only would people need to buy the game on steam probably having to buy all their leaders and DLC again, but it would take away from the console playerbase, at least every 3 games I have 1 or 2 PC players in my game and those games might not exist if there wasn’t crossplay between PC and console it would be replaced with an extra 5-10 minutes of wait time and kill the game for some people, no one wants to be rushed by two people and kicked back to the menu to wait ten minutes for it to happen again
Why is a steam release necessary when it would take away from the console playerbase, it’s already on the Microsoft store, plus its on the game pass as well, but there’s no real reason for a steam release, maybe more people might find the game, but not only would people need to buy the game on steam probably having to buy all their leaders and DLC again, but it would take away from the console playerbase, at least every 3 games I have 1 or 2 PC players in my game and those games might not exist if there wasn’t crossplay between PC and console it would be replaced with an extra 5-10 minutes of wait time and kill the game for some people, no one wants to be rushed by two people and kicked back to the menu to wait ten minutes for it to happen again
Because Steam is an incredible platform for games that are no longer supported due to their availability, accessibility, affordability, and Modding capabilities, advantages that the Microsoft Store for PC doesn't realistically have. Not to mention the quality of Steam's interface, and having all my games in one place. As 343 publicly posted having no plans for Halo Wars 2, publishing it a Steam release would be an appropriate closure. This would allow Steam users who are new to Halo to gain context of Infinite, while allowing the community to serve as what keeps Halo Wars 2 alive in reviving it on a new platform.

For the consumer, it's a win/win situation. I know little about publishing on Steam and how much it costs, but considering it's already been ported to windows devices, I imagine that it wouldn't be a difficult port on 343's end either.
Nefnoj wrote:
Because Steam is an incredible platform for games that are no longer supported due to their availability, accessibility, affordability, and Modding capabilities, advantages that the Microsoft Store for PC doesn't realistically have. Not to mention the quality of Steam's interface, and having all my games in one place. As 343 publicly posted having no plans for Halo Wars 2, publishing it a Steam release would be an appropriate closure. This would allow Steam users who are new to Halo to gain context of Infinite, while allowing the community to serve as what keeps Halo Wars 2 alive in reviving it on a new platform.

For the consumer, it's a win/win situation. I know little about publishing on Steam and how much it costs, but considering it's already been ported to windows devices, I imagine that it wouldn't be a difficult port on 343's end either.
They could just make it to where you can sign into an xbox live account and get access to all of your progress and dlc
If they ever do decide to put a DE version on Steam I would consider it. As it stands, I have no interest in online play and just am interested in it for campaign and skirmishes. I enjoy the original HW as a novelty RTS that I got from Steam and play on occasion but hear mixed things about the sequel in comparison.

However, I do not trust buying it off the MS store and it isn't worth $60 to me for the full game with expansion years later for only that intent, especially when I don't know what I will think of it.
MCC takes priority sadly, love the updates just a shame it cost us HW2
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2