Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] STOP QUITTING THE GAME!!!!!

OP Project Danny

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am sick and tired of this.... every game and I mean every single game someone on our team or the enemy team quits..... and it ruins it for every one... now you will be like *oh it don' happen to me* or * I've never seen it happen* just because it don' happen to you don' mean it don' happen...

Every game I play someone on my team or enemy team quits ... that' it... 2 vs 3... no fair games already decided who will win.... then they quit as they know it' a loss so it' 1 v 3.... then they quit to so games done before you even built a unit....

Then other games it' 3 vs 3... Ok fine... Oh look our ally failed a rush... he quits....

Or

Our ally dont like the way we build or play.. quits.. our ally gets rushed... quits.... our ally lost a hero in first few mins of game.... quits... our ally sees our level is lower than him... quits...

I am about to get a refund for this game as it' unplayable online..... every game a quitter.... and quits for small silly things to and this is ranked games... no one cares about their ranks anyways.....

What they need to do is make like MOBAs like league of legends or smite... when you quit you can' play another game instead you remain the game you just quit... so it impossible to leave.... and if you dont come back you get a 30 min ban cant play any game not even vs AI till the timer is up....

STOP QUITTING THE GAME
I am sick and tired of this.... every game and I mean every single game someone on our team or the enemy team quits..... and it ruins it for every one... now you will be like *oh it don' happen to me* or * I've never seen it happen* just because it don' happen to you don' mean it don' happen...

Every game I play someone on my team or enemy team quits ... that' it... 2 vs 3... no fair games already decided who will win.... then they quit as they know it' a loss so it' 1 v 3.... then they quit to so games done before you even built a unit....

Then other games it' 3 vs 3... Ok fine... Oh look our ally failed a rush... he quits....

Or

Our ally dont like the way we build or play.. quits.. our ally gets rushed... quits.... our ally lost a hero in first few mins of game.... quits... our ally sees our level is lower than him... quits...

I am about to get a refund for this game as it' unplayable online..... every game a quitter.... and quits for small silly things to and this is ranked games... no one cares about their ranks anyways.....

What they need to do is make like MOBAs like league of legends or smite... when you quit you can' play another game instead you remain the game you just quit... so it impossible to leave.... and if you dont come back you get a 30 min ban cant play any game not even vs AI till the timer is up....

STOP QUITTING THE GAME
Don't play randoms. 1v1 has no issue like this and if your allies quit, then invite friends. This is not a issue. It's more of an inconvenience.
I'm with OP on this. People should be punished for repeatedly quitting games.

What happens if your friends aren't online and randoms don't want to join your team?

That's it - you can't play?

edit: and, of course, you want to play a team game.
Nah this IS an issue I hate people like you... just because YOU are not having a problem screw everyone else.... and if I wanted to play alone (1v1) I'll go play with AI... one shouldn' be forced to play with friends grow up
There is a ban hammer for quitting in the early stages of the game.
Nah this IS an issue I hate people like you... just because YOU are not having a problem screw everyone else.... and if I wanted to play alone (1v1) I'll go play with AI... one shouldn' be forced to play with friends grow up
Additionally I would suggest calming down a little. I understand you're upset but DeathRitual is just offering alternatives. No need to go out and tell him to grow up.
People leaving in the middle of a match will always be a thing. You can't force them to stay. Maybe there's something I need to do irl? Maybe I've been matched with a rank 2 teammate? I doesn't matter what their reason is, they're not going to want to play a game that they can't stop playing whenever they decide without punishment. The solution is simple. Stop playing with randoms.

Hopping on the forums and making a thread telling people to stop quitting the game won't yield any results. Nor will telling the person who rationally responds to you "I hate people like you." And it's unfathomably hypocritical for you to end it all with "grow up."
Is that the banhammer mentioned in the sticky? I thought that only applied to people who quit before the gameplay actually begins. I could be wrong though!
Is that the banhammer mentioned in the sticky? I thought that only applied to people who quit before the gameplay actually begins. I could be wrong though!
It's not the one in the sticky but there is one, the sticky one is kind of pointless because you can't even see who you're playing before the match lol
If people have something to do mid game then punish them.... why should we suffer.... and you can force them to play.... if they quit make it so they can' join any other game but only remain the one they quit.... if they keep quitting make the ban be for 30 mins... then 1 hour... then 2 then 4.... till they learn.... they don't like that play another game.... STOP ruining it for others...

Also if your quitting because of bad team mates well done... your a hypocrite.... instead you could help them out even if you lose still stay and fight stop being a hipster... yes I am angry because I spent good money to play this game only for kids to ruin it with their constant quitting!!

Or

STOP QUITTING THE GAME
Not all quits are legit,some are people lagging out or getting kicked out of the game
Think that this is actually a much wider issue around fair and honest play.

Player quitting is just much more noticeable in a game with popcap (240 vs 160? Good luck!) and no player drop in function.

I'm aware there's a banhammer now - so there is an effort to police it. Probably as good as it'll get for the legitimate reasons people have mentioned. Still annoying though!
If people have something to do mid game then punish them.... why should we suffer.... and you can force them to play.... if they quit make it so they can' join any other game but only remain the one they quit.... if they keep quitting make the ban be for 30 mins... then 1 hour... then 2 then 4.... till they learn.... they don't like that play another game.... STOP ruining it for others...

Also if your quitting because of bad team mates well done... your a hypocrite.... instead you could help them out even if you lose still stay and fight stop being a hipster... yes I am angry because I spent good money to play this game only for kids to ruin it with their constant quitting!!
Why should "we" suffer? What about the person "quitting", when half the time it's not even them quitting- It's them lagging out?

I'm a hypocrite because I don't want to teach a rank 2 how to play the game? When did I ever say that I'm the most benevolent and patient Halo Wars 2 player ever? Do you even know what a hypocrite is?

All these questions and so few answers...
Though I play 1vs1, I see this in Versus AI. If people can quick rapidly in Versus AI. I can imagine how bad it is in teams. It's why I do not like playing teams man.

Or

STOP QUITTING THE GAME
Not all quits are legit,some are people lagging out or getting kicked out of the game
Why would people even play online if they know they have garage Wi-Fi?

Speaking of this, why in god's name does the game still crash sometimes?

To OP: You're right. I can't get out of Diamond 1 because of teammates quitting. If they don't quit, then it'll get that one -Yoinking!- rank 62 who puts all supply pads and generators on his base while single-pumping un-upgraded marines. Then I ask him what he's doing and he responds "Chilling" while I contemplate why I still believe in the human race...
Dray5k wrote:

Or

STOP QUITTING THE GAME

To OP: You're right. I can't get out of Diamond 1 because of teammates quitting. If they don't quit, then it'll get that one -Yoinking!- rank 62 who puts all supply pads and generators on his base while single-pumping un-upgraded marines. Then I ask him what he's doing and he responds "Chilling" while I contemplate why I still believe in the human race...
Ummm maybe because they wanna play against actual people online
Dray5k wrote:

Or

STOP QUITTING THE GAME

Ummm maybe because they wanna play against actual people online
But they're not getting anything out of it. Why play online when you know that your screen is gonna freeze anytime a battle takes place? You run the risk of lagging out which isn't enjoyable to anyone.
i played plenty of 3v3s and rarely noticed this. Maybe it's because of you?
I don´t think people that quitting the game come to this forum honestly...
OP your grammar triggers me. All those Periods, And why do you not put the T after your apostrophes? Can'? It's can't as in CAN NOT.

You obviously either don't speak english as your native tongue or you should stop playing video games because you've missed on on school..

People quit, It happens. There is nothing you can do about it. Sometimes people have to leave. Sometimes people get bored. Sometimes people DC. Sometimes people have their games crash. Sometimes the internet goes out.

Some of those things are out of anybody's control. You just have to deal with it and not let it bother you. Getting all worked up just makes it worse.

I hate to break it to you but if this irritates you so much then I'd step back and take a break. There are more things to worry about in real life than somebody leaving a game for reasons you don't even know.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2