Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Story DLC speculation *HW2 SPOILERS

OP ThunderBuddy

So, i recommend that if you haven't beaten Halo Wars 2, leave this Thread.

Right, onto the topic at hand. Story DLC. We know its gonna happen as its stated in the season pass description. First I just want to say this will annoy people. I remember how people were annoyed that Dead Space's 3 proper ending was a dlc expansion. While the dlc was well received, having to pay for it was not. So i imagine we could see a similar reaction from players with this game, but thats not what i'm here to talk about soo.

What do you think the story will be. At the end of Halo Wars 2, two things happen.
Anders takes the Halo ring into slipspace, destination is our solar system, buts she is halted by a Guardian. This obviously means Cortana has found her and Anders' ring. Could this be the ring from Halo 5s after credit scene, possibly? However, I do not think this will be picked up in the dlc, more likely in another Halo game.
On the other hand. Cutter and the SoF is still on the Ark. And so is Atriox and the Shipmaster Let Volir. Well its obvious Anders isn't coming back anytime soon, so my best bet if the story will continue on the Ark. I think in the dlc, we try and find an alternative way home, maybe open the portal to Earth? I also think we will see more of the Shipmaster as he only had like 2 lines in the whole game. Lol. Will we kill Atriox? I don't think so, and I imagine 343 want to keep him for Halo 6. (They definitely should!) It should also be noted that Atriox is far, far from defeated as you can see in the penultimate cutscene he still has a huge amount of forces at his disposal. One possibility is that Atriox summons more ships to the Ark for reinforcements, or to be Able to leave the Ark. This could also be away for the Spirit to go back to Earth?
What do you think? What are your theories?
So, i recommend that if you haven't beaten Halo Wars 2, leave this Thread.

Right, onto the topic at hand. Story DLC. We know its gonna happen as its stated in the season pass description. First I just want to say this will annoy people. I remember how people were annoyed that Dead Space's 3 proper ending was a dlc expansion. While the dlc was well received, having to pay for it was not. So i imagine we could see a similar reaction from players with this game, but thats not what i'm here to talk about soo.

What do you think the story will be. At the end of Halo Wars 2, two things happen.
Anders takes the Halo ring into slipspace, destination is our solar system, buts she is halted by a Guardian. This obviously means Cortana has found her and Anders' ring. Could this be the ring from Halo 5s after credit scene, possibly? However, I do not think this will be picked up in the dlc, more likely in another Halo game.
On the other hand. Cutter and the SoF is still on the Ark. And so is Atriox and the Shipmaster Let Volir. Well its obvious Anders isn't coming back anytime soon, so my best bet if the story will continue on the Ark. I think in the dlc, we try and find an alternative way home, maybe open the portal to Earth? I also think we will see more of the Shipmaster as he only had like 2 lines in the whole game. Lol. Will we kill Atriox? I don't think so, and I imagine 343 want to keep him for Halo 6. (They definitely should!) It should also be noted that Atriox is far, far from defeated as you can see in the penultimate cutscene he still has a huge amount of forces at his disposal. One possibility is that Atriox summons more ships to the Ark for reinforcements, or to be Able to leave the Ark. This could also be away for the Spirit to go back to Earth?
What do you think? What are your theories?
First off, Anders set a course for the Soell System, not the Sol System. Soell is where the Pillar of Autumn found Installation 04 (the original) near the gas giant called Threshold. She was going their to activate a distress beacon, which they knew would reach UNSC space because the Chief did the same in Halo CE. I do agree that it is probably the Halo Cortana was activating at the end of Halo 5's legendary ending cutscene.
Secondly, the DLC will probably continue the fight between Atriox (which did basically nothing in the main game and had so little screen time) and the Spirit of Fire. What they will fight over specifically other than simple survival I do not know. However, a safe bet would be that both are looking for ways of getting off the Ark for purposes of reinforcements (for the Banished) and a way home (for the SoF). Thus I do think they will fight over a portal of some kind, perhaps the one that originally distributed all the Halos?
Thirdly I do believe that the Sof, Anders, the Halo ring she's on (Installation 04c) and the Banished will all have roles to play in Halo 6. The ring will obviously have a huge effect because it was actually in Halo 5 (in the cutscene, so its still technically in the game) and the Halo Wars 2 did a good job of explaining how the hell Cortana even got the ring in the first place.

I'll have more theories once I have time to collect more lore and think over it.
"Could this be the ring from Halo 5s after credit scene, possibly?" Oh it definitely is.

I believe the story DLC will be nothing big. At most, the SoF will be reunited with the Infinity.