Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Suggestion and Discussing of the final patch.

OP Darktempler0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey guys,
What would you like to see for the last upcoming patch?
What final changes would you make ?

Here are my suggestions.

Change to infantery.
Give banished core infantery a slight buff.
Give UNSC and banished core infantery with their third upgrade a small additional buff vs Air.
Cyclops should do a little better vs T3 Tanks. A slight dmg and and health buff with their Upgrade would help.

Vehicle.
I think the current state of the vehicles in HW 2 is good and balanced right now. The only change I would make is leader specific and give Kisanos Hogs a little dmg buff with the last upgrade.

Air.
Against my first opinion I like the state of core air right now.
The only thing I dont like with air are certain leaderpowers anybody knows by now.
I would suggest reducing core air structure dmg by 10 % and giving air a 5 % dmg boost against vehicle.

In addition I would like to see the Vulture getting a huge dmg buff and a nerf to their y ability , so they are
still viable after using it.

Leader specific I would change:
Lich: a 5-10 % dmg increase
Digging in deep: Johnso needs some sort of buff. It's the most useless ultimate leader power of all. Either give his mechs a increased line of sight with it , or let it count as a fortification 4
Anders Sentinel : this could be a personal thing, but I feel her sentinels (core air) are almost useless now, cause hornets do almost better in every way.
YAPYAP: Give his Methan weagons another slight dmg buff vs rush infantery, cause right now it's really difficult to deal with a rush.

Another wish for the last patch would be the release of 1-3 new maps , like a remastered Fort Deen or a flood based map.
Another wish for the last patch would be the release of 1-3 new maps , like a remastered Fort Deen or a flood based map.
Maps! That's what I'm wising for, and more specifically, Fort Deen, The Docks, and Blood Gultch! (3v3, 2v2, 1v1)
I could live if the balance were left the same as is right now tbh, some certain things need tuning but I think this is the best this has ever been. I'd love love love LOVE if the CSR system in ranked was reworked a tad. Gaining 1 point per game consistently and then losing 30 to a smurf loss is beyond heartbreaking. I don't see this game having the lifetime it could if the ranking infrastructure doesn't receive some sort of improvement.
I'm pretty happy with the current state, but I am no pro. If there is only one more pass, I hope they take all the time they need -- no rush.
If marines and grunts are gonna be the anti-air then they should get a speed buff and air should be red against them. They can not keep up with air in speed, as well as AA base turrets should do more against the type they are best against.
Kodiaks and siege turrets need a rework. It's getting ridiculous.
If marines and grunts are gonna be the anti-air then they should get a speed buff and air should be red against them. They can not keep up with air in speed, as well as AA base turrets should do more against the type they are best against.
I think AA turrets already do a heck load of dmg. I would rather like to see them getting a small Aoe / splash dmg vs mass air
I think AA turrets already do a heck load of dmg. I would rather like to see them getting a small Aoe / splash dmg vs mass air
I can agree too that.
Hello !

Personnally I would love to get two new features unrelated to balance changes :

- Full crossplay support (would allow more people to play together and PC doesn't advantage the player whatsoever despite improved graphics and mouse/keyboard support, this game isn't about very high APM like Starcraft is)
- Ability to see each other CSR ranks at least after the game is played (best would be to have a small logo next to your numeric level), what's the point to get placed in a league and play ranked games if you cannot see the actual rank of the players you faced ? It would be great if you allowed us to see each other carreer status as well !

To the community out there, give it a like if you agree, it could give this post more visibility since apparently the next patch will be the last :(

Thanks !
I Leyt0 I wrote:
Hello !

Personnally I would love to get two new features unrelated to balance changes :

- Full crossplay support (would allow more people to play together and PC doesn't advantage the player whatsoever despite improved graphics and mouse/keyboard support, this game isn't about very high APM like Starcraft is)
- Ability to see each other CSR ranks at least after the game is played (best would be to have a small logo next to your numeric level), what's the point to get placed in a league and play ranked games if you cannot see the actual rank of the players you faced ? It would be great if you allowed us to see each other carreer status as well !

To the community out there, give it a like if you agree, it could give this post more visibility since apparently the next patch will be the last :(

Thanks !
I would like to der full crossplay too, but I would suggest that there is a button, where you can turn crossplay on or off.
My thoughts for the final patch
I'll go over the leaders I think needs tweaking.
As for Air, vehicles and infantry I believe they're as balanced as you're going to get them.

Pavium nerf his burnout to production but leave the effects the same to his eco. Buff the Lich OMG that thing is absolutely useless I mean it does only single damage has no shield and goes down in like 2 seconds if there is an army around. Give it missiles like the Scarab has or a shield or damage buff give it something to make it semi decent.

Atriox, give him a buff again to his fortifications not as much as it was before but like a 10% increase. He needs something badly.

Shipmaster give him 2 raid points instead of 2 or make his displacement a little better again not as broken as before he needs something to compete.

Johnson make his hero heal not put down a beacon that can be destroyed that's freaking useless and make it to where marines can heal his bunker. His ultimate make it to where he can also build free turrets on his base.

This is wishful thinking here but make rangers a little better, buff damage by 10% or give an upgrade say shields or a dps upgrade. I know this won't happen so i'm ok with the first suggestion.
DLC units in Terminus Firefight
LUCIANHEAT wrote:
My thoughts for the final patch
I'll go over the leaders I think needs tweaking.
As for Air, vehicles and infantry I believe they're as balanced as you're going to get them.

Pavium nerf his burnout to production but leave the effects the same to his eco. Buff the Lich OMG that thing is absolutely useless I mean it does only single damage has no shield and goes down in like 2 seconds if there is an army around. Give it missiles like the Scarab has or a shield or damage buff give it something to make it semi decent.

Atriox, give him a buff again to his fortifications not as much as it was before but like a 10% increase. He needs something badly.

Shipmaster give him 2 raid points instead of 2 or make his displacement a little better again not as broken as before he needs something to compete.

Johnson make his hero heal not put down a beacon that can be destroyed that's freaking useless and make it to where marines can heal his bunker. His ultimate make it to where he can also build free turrets on his base.

This is wishful thinking here but make rangers a little better, buff damage by 10% or give an upgrade say shields or a dps upgrade. I know this won't happen so i'm ok with the first suggestion.
I like these suggestions
If it's really going to be the last patch, I want to make sure we do Johnson right and send him off...with a bang.
LUCIANHEAT wrote:

Why is it that UNSC snipers can cloak but not elite rangers? At the very least Shipmaster’s should cloak with that cloak leader point.
Wish: more maps, please release those E war units, a FFA and multi team playlist 2v2v2, and Voridus hero to replace his hammer with his wrist rocke- I mean blades.

Want:
Johnson:

Let tech 3 marines heal the bunkers, Make the turrets free when you have digging in deep and give Johnson a mech drop for the love of everything!

Arby:

Buff his plasma bolt against vehicles please!

Yap yap:

please buff yap yap I miss that grunt so much he's useless atm I'm not a yap yap pro so any yap yap mains can tell you what is wrong with him atm.

Colony:

Nerf to his Goliath's? Not sure I could be 100% wrong if I am please tell me.

Forge:

Could you just lower the cost of grizzly battalion from 3000-500 to 2500-500 I know it's a small change but hey every little helps.

Voridus:

Please do not touch Voridus I think he's perfect right now please please please don't touch him! (Coming from a Voridus main)

Buff the scarab and condor health and damage by another 10% hey I'll take anything I can get.

That's all I can think to put on list!
Spoiler:
Show
I would like a buff to late-mid game core infantry. Especially grunts. Right now they're useless against air units which is odd. Marines aren't as bad but could still use a slight buff.

I'd like a very small damage boost to elite rangers. They're incredibly expensive for how bad they are. Need at least 5-7 to do any quick dps with them against a single target.

I'd like a damage reduction of air vs structures in particular. Especially hornets.

Shipmaster banished raid should only be 2 points. As for other leaders idk if they need love or not I don't have experience there.

Other than that I think the game is in a great place and more radical changes aren't needed.
DLC units in Terminus Firefight
And blitz firefight to mix things up a little. ;)
Arbitor COR power reduce its function or population it affects. He is by far the strongest leader.
Serina reduce the radius of her freeze Aura on power nodes by 50%. And fix the hog glitch when they drive in the snow.
UNSC - scale the cost of siege turrets much like shields. The first 1 should cost 800-100 and escalate by 200 supply and 100 energy for each.
PAVIUM. Nerf Burnout he can turtle way to hard with this power. Either nerf it’s percentage or size or move it to a later leader power.
Nerf- Increase mega turret cost to reflect siege turrets
First one should cost 800-100. And scale like siege turrets. Leave the upgrades the same energy cost.
If you change the mega turret cost burnout might be ok.
Core air be vehicle is perfect don’t mess with it.
cyclops slightly higher health buff maybe 5% more.
Increase Infantry damage vs air as a direct buff 20%
the slowness of Infantry needs an increased damage vs air.
Air cost- increase the cost of Banshees and hornets back to where it was.
Ive heard rumors of colony getting teleport. This could be very problematic. I’d rather just see his speed as a unit increased.
Atriox fortifications 5% additional reduced cost.
Johnson- Change the bunker drop to allow for the first point to give 4 troop capacity and the 2nd point to just give the shield
Remote sensor power change to Acess Assembly
Cutter- reduce cooldown on ODST BY 10%
Shipmaster- Raid needs to be only 2 points.
You should be able to choose what base you extract ur units to.
Jerome- change time for heroes 1st point 60 pop 2nd point 100 pop.
Not sure if it is too late in development for this, but I'd love the option to assign control groups to a unit type as opposed to specific units, as it stands I love using them, but units are too disposables sometimes to make full use of them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2