Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Suicide grunts

OP NoGTsWereLeft

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Anybody else think suicide grunts are a bit op ? And before somebody says SpReAd OuT yOuR uNiTs Jump pack brutes stun you or you get Decimus vortex’d.
Really I don't. They're a unit that dies to do damage, it has to be high
SpReAd OuT yOuR uNiTs

Sorry but I think they're fine to, they die when they deal damage to your units and don't do jack against scouts so.
I understand they are suicide, but when they run at insane speeds and 6 squads can pretty much wipe an army I think it’s abit on the unbalanced side
They are very cost efficient for what they do, but they only have that single purpose. Equally they can be a complete waste of resources if some snipers can get shots off against them. I wouldn't call them op, I mean a full pop of them (as if anyone would have that many lol) couldn't win you the match.
Well, they're not OP as they are really only good against infantry, after that you can train a full army of upgraded suicide grunts and rush them at a base and they'll do only have the health. If you're really have trouble against them train a few scout units or snipers. 3-4 snipers can melt a suicide army with good micro and scout units, while not being AMAZINGLY effective, are a good alternative if you're banished and don't have access to snipers.
Well, they're not OP as they are really only good against infantry, after that you can train a full army of upgraded suicide grunts and rush them at a base and they'll do only have the health. If you're really have trouble against them train a few scout units or snipers. 3-4 snipers can melt a suicide army with good micro and scout units, while not being AMAZINGLY effective, are a good alternative if you're banished and don't have access to snipers.
Choppers or Ghosts ramming some Suicide Grunts will ruin their day
I always thought they were useless, ah! Don't listen to me I'm just a crazy old Sergeant...
Tis a shame yappers don't have these. Isn't this the sole reason he's a bad leader? No anti-infantry presence at tech 1?

Tbh Suis should have been his anti infantry, with the Wagons leader point allowing you to instead build Mecha Grunts from his main, and then Wagons could be buffed to replace Marauders in the foundry. Sadly its way too late in the game for a change this radical to happen.
Tis a shame yappers don't have these. Isn't this the sole reason he's a bad leader? No anti-infantry presence at tech 1?

Tbh Suis should have been his anti infantry, with the Wagons leader point allowing you to instead build Mecha Grunts from his main, and then Wagons could be buffed to replace Marauders in the foundry. Sadly its way too late in the game for a change this radical to happen.
Voridus have no suicide Grunts too.
JELLY3EANS wrote:

Voridus have no suicide Grunts too.
Yes but his Grenadiers are anti infantry while mecha grunts aren't and lose to marines. plus voridus' leader powers at tech 1 are what make him good early game. Goo is OP and unrelated to why yap is bad.
Nah. sui's are in an ok place. They fall off hard after early game for a reason.
No they are good they are in a way meant to counter rushes and infantry and they fit there intended role well as the banished don’t really have other reliable ways of countering rushes
they're op unless you properly split your infantry ball

edit: jump pack brutes and vortex help set up opportunities, which wouldnt make suis op in that regard as they're being assisted by another unit/lp that you can still minimize by splitting.
I always thought they were useless, ah! Don't listen to me I'm just a crazy old Sergeant...
Same, only time i ever used them was for defence, lockdown the base and then rush 5 out the front door to clear some attackers
Wait so most of you mean to tell me suicide grunts are now a problem despite being at there currently state for a long time and because infantry is viable in this meta. to be fair the banished doesn’t have any other way in the early game besides scout vehicles and turrets to defend themselves effectively against an infantry rush
I understand they are suicide, but when they run at insane speeds and 6 squads can pretty much wipe an army I think it’s abit on the unbalanced side
It’s your job to have more snipers then. Or include some warthogs/marauders.
LbonB312 wrote:
It’s your job to have more snipers then. Or include some warthogs/marauders.
They are only viable in the beginning but late game they Aren’t that good and you are about it wiping out an army of infantry but they are more of a defensive option in the beginning as on defense you won’t have to worry about rushes also that’s why you don’t over commit on a rush or use an all infantry but have a mixed army
Well yes all these ideas are good about microing but, in onyx, champion areas people scout your early game units and tp there suicide grunts onto your infantry and boom like that your early game army is gone.
Suicide Grunts are not OP. I do think they never needed 10% damage boost but Choppers, Snipers, Ghosts, and Heroes, can really ruin your day if you find you must build them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2