Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Taking 3 times the same leader should be forbidden

OP Shawn96

I see many abuses lately:

3 Decimus: The unbeatable vortex rush
3 Serina: Puts the map in ice
3 Johnson: Garrisons everywhere

I find it quite excessive and makes the whole thing boring.
Leader stacking is usually banned in tournament, and for good reason. I wonder if triple kinsano can destroy a base with just leader powers.
Leader stacking is usually banned in tournament, and for good reason. I wonder if triple kinsano can destroy a base with just leader powers.
Never thought of that, but I'd believe it if I saw it lol
Swap one out for a Pavium with orbital designator, rain of fire, and the lich and you might not even have to send a single unit to destroy a base.

By the way, I saw you get mentioned in the MCC update article. Good work man.
Swap one out for a Pavium with orbital designator, rain of fire, and the lich and you might not even have to send a single unit to destroy a base.

By the way, I saw you get mentioned in the MCC update article. Good work man.
I aim to please 👍

On topic, I've seen triple RoF on a base, doesn't look pretty. Can't imagine triple Inferno/Napalm would be any better lol
I wonder what 3xJerome could do, with his hero unit+hero mec alone.
Ive run against a few players that know how to use that hero and it can take out a base + full pop cap worth of units alone in an early game.
If you happen to choose a hero who doesn't have ranged attack, you are defenseless.
One time, a jerome+hero mec took out 9 vehicles + a scarab with full hp without damaging his HP.
The strategy is simple...bomb a base/infantry/units at distance...height. If the enemy sends his units to attack you, retreat.
He can attack while moving...has better range and he is faster than most units. This means, he can shoot others, but others cant shoot him.
Against many units, he is invincible, no matter how many units the enemy has. If the enemy is getting close...within firing range, use leader powers to slow him down.
Following a unit causes your units to line up and become easy targets.
Someone should try 3xJerome with early hero mec and some hero upgrades and see if it can take out a player with no other units.
Raineeger wrote:
Ive run against a few players that know how to use that hero and it can take out a base + full pop cap worth of units alone in an early game.
If you happen to choose a hero who doesn't have ranged attack, you are defenseless.
One time, a jerome+hero mec took out 9 vehicles + a scarab with full hp without damaging his HP.
The strategy is simple...bomb a base/infantry/units at distance...height. If the enemy sends his units to attack you, retreat.
He can attack while moving...has better range and he is faster than most units. This means, he can shoot others, but others cant shoot him.
Against many units, he is invincible, no matter how many units the enemy has. If the enemy is getting close...within firing range, use leader powers to slow him down.
Someone should try 3xJerome with early hero mec and some hero upgrades and see if it can take out a player with no other units.
I feel your pain. ToH should not effect his hero.
I don't really have a problem with preventing leader stacking, imo it's never been the best strategy but I understand that if noobs struggle Vs 1 of something then Vs 3 of them it's going to be hell.
I mean, if you lose to a voridus triple......
Voridus is actually good. I say vordi is high mid teir.
Voridus is actually good. I say vordi is high mid teir.
I've lost to maybe two voridus players.
Raineeger wrote:
Right now, the only things that can kill him, or get him into a situation where he might die are the hammer pulls of the warlord, stuns, Voridus slows, Pavuim slows, but I've seen many a Jerome still escape death
Raineeger wrote:
Right now, the only things that can kill him, or get him into a situation where he might die are the hammer pulls of the warlord, stuns, Voridus slows, Pavuim slows, but I've seen many a Jerome still escape death
Spartans can run after him and follow up with a lotus mine. Also, ghost can do a good job too with suis but very exspensive. Dont forget atriox is a good counter as well as long as snipers dont get him or get him overwhelmed by marines.
<p></p>
There should be a 1 Leader Limit per team in Ranked.
I don't think it should be applied to Team War since it's meant to be a Casual Experience.
Just played 3 Jeromes… Did the Mantis at 2:30 started attacking base at 3.

Sorry but it's unbeatable unless you got 3 decimus…
Shawn96 wrote:
Just played 3 Jeromes… Did the Mantis at 2:30 started attacking base at 3.

Oh boy, i can imagine,

As i mentioned in the post above, even 1 Jerome ... when played well can level a base early in game.
3xJerome with mecs ... unbeatable indeed.
It can. You go trip flame drop. Trip napalm, trip flamehogs. Trip inferno. If you get resistance and cant get to the base you trip napalm expos and in moments without doing anything youll have expo advantage. But if you can get to the base its a easy lp3 strip in second. And you just have one napalm
hit three pads+ base and have each guy hit an area. Drop flamers and hogs to finish anything redbad.

Its retarted because they can all just push flamers all game or marines and just stay on pressure. And its beatable, but its like, majority of the time one team mate cant hang on enough or just gets beat on by powers. Idk. Ran into poison abusing it bit back, and we shouldnt have lost but just did.
Raineeger wrote:
Shawn96 wrote:
.Just played 3 Jeromes… Did the Mantis at 2:30 started attacking base at 3.

Oh boy, i can imagine,

As i mentioned in the post above, even 1 Jerome ... when played well can level a base early in game.
3xJerome with mecs ... unbeatable indeed.
Easy beat. Have all of you go trip flamers. The guy who gets pushed builds anti vehicle turrets, and the guy next to him pushes flamers snipers or marines grenade to defend, and the third guy rushes enemy base with full pop flamers. If they dont come back Youll win the base trade. If they do come back by the time they get there you have their base dead and your tms fine and then your guy who defends pushes up his side. Take their bases. Kill the jeromes. Theyre eco sucks. So the guy who gets hit, can just buy a far expo by your far end tm and just build up there and take the fight slow.

IMO: The only thing scary about double jerome is that ive been seeing double jerome mantis with double pop air and just spartan morale and drop garbage and take main.
Thing is at 2:45 you don't have a full army to respond, I can see how with 2 or 3 Decimus you can beat 3 Jeromes (Vortex,hero+suicides grunts) but still hard to counter.
Yeah,

If your bases is under attack at such an early stage, then you can't really afford to mass build flamers / enough turrets(This also assumes the player picked a leader with flamers - which most of the time is not the case). Also, Jerome can take out the infantry as soon as it is created.
Infantry cant catch up with Jerome but Jerome can catch up and kill infantry at a distance.
Also, even if one of the bases gets its defence up, then he can just move on to the next one. Investing in defense means you cant play aggressively yourself.
The time you spend on mitigating Jerome's damage, the enemy keeps building an army.