Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Tank population/ Anti air support

OP ConroeJenkins

Obviously the balance is going to put Tier 3 Vehicles at the top.
This is where the game needs to be.
T3 Vehicles should be the end game.
Now with current Tank populations. Anti air would need a buff in order to support the Tank army against spam air units.
ok now a Anti vehicle and Air army very well could balance out a Tank/ Anti air only vehicle army.
BECAUSE AIR COUNTERS VEHICLES AND SO DOES ANTI VEHICLE UNITS.

strictly talking 1v1s because you can’t balance a team fight.
So once the patch comes out please someone test
Only vehicles with some nightgales against Tank/ AA
against Hunter beam/ Air units shroud n engineer
cyclops shrap rounds/ Air units nightgales.
Of course test Un upgraded and all that also.

Im excited for the patch.

P. S. Arbitor takes awhile to get phantoms up.
Anti air buff will help mitigate phantoms early.
They still will kick butt late game.
My gut feeling is that an av/air army might get squished by a tank/aa army, because I think the air units will be wasted faster than the av units can kill off the aa units (they'd have to find them amongst the tanks). Then it'd just be some av versus the tanks which will probably have high pop left. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that tanks will be ultimately king, with emperor forge at head of that army. On the other hand clouds of nightingales/engineers will be easier to get rid of so they wont be constantly healing the tanks, or being used to provide los for artillery on bases.
My gut feeling is that an av/air army might get squished by a tank/aa army, because I think the air units will be wasted faster than the av units can kill off the aa units (they'd have to find them amongst the tanks). Then it'd just be some av versus the tanks which will probably have high pop left. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that tanks will be ultimately king, with emperor forge at head of that army. On the other hand clouds of nightingales/engineers will be easier to get rid of so they wont be constantly healing the tanks, or being used to provide los for artillery on bases.
That's why I think a slight buff to air units' damage to vehicle units would be a nice addition, as well as a slight nerf to hogs' damage to buildings, but anyway.
emperor forge....has a nice ring to it. lol
That's why I was suggesting they also buff the autocannon damage and AA missile AoE on Vultures, plus the deployed barrage and plasma AoE damage of Blisterbacks. Making T3 air noticeably better vs T2 air and tanks will give players an incentive to still build air pads late game. At the same time, T3 unit's slower speed means they can be more easily intercepted by AA and infantry, preserving the overall balance of the units.