Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Team Colours

OP BillyH72

I think skirmish mode should have far more options to keep it fresh when replaying. Understanding the small likelihood of new maps or leaders any time soon (if at all), I believe smaller customization could still do a great deal for the game.
I would love to see an ability to choose the colour of myself and each of my AI teammates, and enemies in the game to the same level of choice as is seen in the armory colour selection of the FPS counterpart.
Currently the red and blue supports the banished style however, the UNSC are left looking rather silly. An option for the green unit colour seen in campaign would bring the units to life more instead of the current situation of witnessing a grizzly tank driving round in baby blue on the battlefield.
BillyH72 wrote:
I think skirmish mode should have far more options to keep it fresh when replaying. Understanding the small likelihood of new maps or leaders any time soon (if at all), I believe smaller customization could still do a great deal for the game.
I would love to see an ability to choose the colour of myself and each of my AI teammates, and enemies in the game to the same level of choice as is seen in the armory colour selection of the FPS counterpart.
Currently the red and blue supports the banished style however, the UNSC are left looking rather silly. An option for the green unit colour seen in campaign would bring the units to life more instead of the current situation of witnessing a grizzly tank driving round in baby blue on the battlefield.
I've been asking this since day one as it is unusual for RTS games to only have 2 colour options in skirmish and UNSC would look so cool in green. BUT, it never happened and 2 years later now, it won't happen sadly...
I personally would support microtransactions if they brought customizable skins rather than Blitzpacks. Also options to make your Scarabs/Locusts have Wuvwoo beams would make the game feel more fun.
BillyH72 wrote:
I have to agree here that customization or a higher choice selection of them would be nice. This was a real problem in the original halo wars after playing so many matches you grew tired of playing as purple and green if your a solo player such as i the same goes here for wars 2.

But however unfortunately it most likely wont happen and who knows why....
BillyH72 wrote:
I have to agree here that customization or a higher choice selection of them would be nice. This was a real problem in the original halo wars after playing so many matches you grew tired of playing as purple and green if your a solo player such as i the same goes here for wars 2.

But however unfortunately it most likely wont happen and who knows why....
I find it so odd that it is something so simple to implement that you find in RTS games 20 years old. Just let us choose more colours! especially unsc green damn it!! it's their proper colours!!! also would like option to disable scarabs/condors in skirmish, maybe choose starting location on maps...