Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Teammates quitting

OP Mitchell Parham

There should be a system in place where if a teammate quits out early in a game it doesn’t effect your rank as much. Tired of being penalized for this. Played several games today where someone left within the first few minutes and cost us the game and large percentages of our rank.
I agree, this is something that should've been in from the start, but sadly no one is working on HW2 anymore so this will always be an issue with matchmaking :/
First of all, teams aren't how RTS games are meant to be played. Second of all, searching without a set team isn't how teams are meant to be played. Sorry, but this isn't a problem with the game.
First of all, teams aren't how RTS games are meant to be played. Second of all, searching without a set team isn't how teams are meant to be played. Sorry, but this isn't a problem with the game.
Okay 1s player
Okay 1s player
But 1s is how it's meant to be played and balanced around so really you just hurt yourself..
Okay 1s player
But 1s is how it's meant to be played and balanced around so really you just hurt yourself..
If it’s meant to be played just 1v1 then why is there 2v2 and 3v3. That is only your opinion
I appreciate the feedback but try to keep it constructive. “Meant to be played” has no value. If the playlist exists then it deserves tuning just like anything else. And other games have systems in place to discourage quitting and not punish the team, wouldn’t be hard to adopt it. As for not playing with a full team, that’s what matchmaking is for.
I appreciate the feedback but try to keep it constructive. “Meant to be played” has no value. If the playlist exists then it deserves tuning just like anything else. And other games have systems in place to discourage quitting and not punish the team, wouldn’t be hard to adopt it. As for not playing with a full team, that’s what matchmaking is for.
u cant discourage quitting in a playlist that doesn't matter.
Very much no. The playlist rumble was never balanced at all, or even talked about. All balancing was molded around the 1v1 model. That's how RTS works, unless the game was made specifically for alternative gamemodes like teams.
If it’s meant to be played just 1v1 then why is there 2v2 and 3v3. That is only your opinion
Halo Wars 2 is an RTS. RTS games are balanced around 1v1. You think this is an exception? Here.
Okay 1s player
Because it adds more content and allows people to play with friends, it's not my opinion if litteraly every RTS Developer states they balance around 1v1s.
Very much no. The playlist rumble was never balanced at all, or even talked about. All balancing was molded around the 1v1 model. That's how RTS works, unless the game was made specifically for alternative gamemodes like teams.
Now you’re just going in circles. The playlist exists and is ranked. Therefore it warrants systems in place as I’ve mentioned. This isn’t even about “balancing” or “meant to be played.” Those things are irrelevant to this topic.
Now you’re just going in circles. The playlist exists and is ranked. Therefore it warrants systems in place as I’ve mentioned. This isn’t even about “balancing” or “meant to be played.” Those things are irrelevant to this topic.
That's ok if that's what you believe, but that's not how RTS developers go about balancing. Teams in RTS are going to be wonky and less polished than 1v1 because the whole idea is a sideshow. Sure it would be nice for a player who likes to search unarranged teams to have a system that can deal with quitting teammates, but putting that sort of thing in place is far from being a priority for any RTS dev. Do you see how this is relevant yet?
Halo Wars 2 is an RTS. RTS games are balanced around 1v1. You think this is an exception? Here.
I’m going to have to agree with you on this. Can I 1v1 you to see where im at ?
I’m going to have to agree with you on this. Can I 1v1 you to see where im at ?
Yeah just go ahead and add me.
That's ok if that's what you believe, but that's not how RTS developers go about balancing. Teams in RTS are going to be wonky and less polished than 1v1 because the whole idea is a sideshow. Sure it would be nice for a player who likes to search unarranged teams to have a system that can deal with quitting teammates, but putting that sort of thing in place is far from being a priority for any RTS dev. Do you see how this is relevant yet?
I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think it’s asking for much to have a harsher punishment for quitters, etc., if developers bother to have a ranked playlist though.