Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Teleport without vision - OP opener BLITZ

OP TYRELL zx

In general, there is not one leader power which can be actively applied to an opponent without vision.

One exeption: Shipmasters Teleport ability.

In my oppinion it is a far too crazy strong opener, if you can be beamed away from your energy drop, while shipmaster can still easily obtain his drop with his cloaked marauder. 60:0 on energy with the first two drops in high-leveled ranked Blitz matches you can already send your opponent the best GGs. At this point the match is already decided in 50 seconds.

Teleport is very cheap to use and the most effective leader power when it comes to dodging other offensive leader powers.

My suggestion: Teleporting should only be appliable to areas with line of sight. Which should have been that way from the beginning.
Would really help with Blitz, I'm in agreement.
I think it's fine the way it is. There's only one person that really takes advantage of it and doing this would probably make it one of the worst leader powers out there cause teleporting always happens so fast
I've never seen anyone ever use teleport in blitz. However I may incorporate it into my deck. However if memory serves me right teleport is 80 energy which is a lot early game. Mid to late game it becomes less viable as you'll want to put units on the map and it seems like a very expensive way to collect energy
I've never seen anyone ever use teleport in blitz. However I may incorporate it into my deck. However if memory serves me right teleport is 80 energy which is a lot early game. Mid to late game it becomes less viable as you'll want to put units on the map and it seems like a very expensive way to collect energy
It's 60. Hands down the best leader power but it's only as deadly as its user. Yeah getting your energy stolen sucks but then that would mean starting air units are too OP cause they can make it to your energy before you
It is extremely high in the skill curve and high risk/reward with early energy. We should not be discouraging that level of skill. Completely disagree. For atriox they can spend 60 energy on a shockwave which freezes entire squads for like 8 seconds if anything needs a nerf in blitz it is shockwave.

Your post isn't balanced, so please let me inform you why this opener is rarely used effectively.

If you use teleport and any unit is spawned such as a mob grunt. You are down 60 energy of precious starting energy they still get the crate. Gg you lose. If you took away teleport you would need to remove one of the atrioxs banshees from the starting army to balance out crate collection (a trade I would happily agree to)

Something is OP if it is low risk low skill and high reward.

Starting teleports are high skill high risk and medium/high reward and therefore balanced.

I can debate the medium/high aspect of the reward but you cannot argue the skill and risk aspect and therefore it is balanced.
Alpha, I really dont want to sound arrogant, but this is something I cant honestly hold back: You have never seen teleport in Blitz? At which level are you playing Blitz dude?

Perhaps the topic we are adressing here is something, which is extremely rare, I cant judge that. But for example Klunk & small belong perhaps to the worlds best 1% Blitz players. [~ Perhaps 1.500 people actively get placed every season on 1v1 ranked playlists, being among the top10 makes you top 1%]
Eh if you nerf the stun then shipmaster will just be that much more OP but I do agree with you on the teleport Klunk. Everything is balanced into a 1v1 perspective with all the heros
Klunk NZ wrote:
It is extremely high in the skill curve and high risk/reward with early energy. We should not be discouraging that level of skill. Completely disagree. For atriox they can spend 60 energy on a shockwave which freezes entire squads for like 8 seconds if anything needs a nerf in blitz it is shockwave.

Your post isn't balanced, so please let me inform you why this opener is rarely used effectively.

If you use teleport and any unit is spawned such as a mob grunt. You are down 60 energy of precious starting energy they still get the crate. Gg you lose. If you took away teleport you would need to remove one of the atrioxs banshees from the starting army to balance out crate collection (a trade I would happily agree to)

Starting teleports are high skill high risk and medium/high reward and therefore balanced.

I can debate the medium/high aspect of the reward but you cannot argue the skill and risk aspect and therefore it is balanced.
I hear you. I would completely agree on reducing the shock time, but hands down and honestly: Is this really an issue for Shipmaster? It is not. You can easily teleport, and if you are a high level player you always make sure, that your energy level is around the 40-60 to extract in case.

Teleport itself is fine, but it doesnt feels really in line with all the other abilities, when you dont need line of sight to use it. Why then cant we use cloaked mines of Atriox without vision? I dont see the point, why one leader ability needs vision and the other one doesnt. The line of sight issue in my oppinion has to be adressed critically, since its a very crucial and game changing issue especially in 1v1s.
Teleport their army mob onto a Suicide Grunt = GG
TYRELL zx wrote:
Klunk NZ wrote:

I hear you. I would completely agree on reducing the shock time, but hands down and honestly: Is this really an issue for Shipmaster? It is not. You can easily teleport, and if you are a high level player you always make sure, that your energy level is around the 40-60 to extract in case.

Teleport itself is fine, but it doesnt feels really in line with all the other abilities, when you dont need line of sight to use it. Why then cant we use cloaked mines of Atriox without vision? I dont see the point, why one leader ability needs vision and the other one doesnt. The line of sight issue in my oppinion has to be adressed critically, since its a very crucial and game changing issue especially in 1v1s.
I don't think teleport should be nerfed. There's only one person that can pull it off very smoothly and yeah it is pretty risky early game. It's difficult but not impossible to get around