Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Terminus Firefight Stategy Guidelines and Tips

OP DeathRitual4977

I played several hours of firefight and find the Ice Queen, Sentinel Master, and the Sargent the best leaders to play in this game mode. For the fist 20 waves, Marines and Kodiaks are a general must and eventually a hard change to Kodiaks and Wolferines. Johnson is great for his Bunker Drop, Remote Sensor, Seige Drop, EMP MAC, and Digging in Deep make him formidable to all other leaders. If you get Johnsons Hero to vet 3, he is also one of the best because of heal and his high damage rocket can nearly instant kill anything it hits and targets around. Johnson just has everything anyone needs and without a doubt the best, besides lacking enhanced seige and Kodiaks. Anders I got to say is my #2. Her enhanced Seige with Senergy and Beacon help her own the battlefield on ground. If things get spicy, Sentinel Network and a Retreiver can help buy time to establist a foothold you lost. It is also helpful to get her first teir passives to sheild turrets. Might not be much but it buys time to heal so you can keep your firepower to it's peak. Now the Ice Queen. She is the best with seige as a few rounds at the head of an army can immobilize the units in the back because they cant pass the front units. She has Cryo Bomb, Seismic Charge and a few other good leader powers as well but she lacks a great deal of direct firepower that is sometimes needed, meaning she has little room for errors. I just got in the top 90s but i'm wondering what other weird strategies other people use.
Shipmaster should be up there, as well. His passive with Shrouds makes his armies allowed to be cloaked constantly. Since nearly no waves have detection, claoaking allows your armies to be near unkillable.

A team of Anders/Serina, Johnson, and Ship is very strong.

Anders/Serina (I prefer Anders) for Kodiaks and Siege Turrets, and also some Nightingales for healing and to Smoke Bomb the Terminus. Johnson for the free barricades and mech armies. And lastly, Ship with Reavers/Shrouds; focusing on killing air and keeping allies cloaked.
Shipmaster should be up there, as well. His passive with Shrouds makes his armies allowed to be cloaked constantly. Since nearly no waves have detection, claoaking allows your armies to be near unkillable.

A team of Anders/Serina, Johnson, and Ship is very strong.

Anders/Serina (I prefer Anders) for Kodiaks and Siege Turrets, and also some Nightingales for healing and to Smoke Bomb the Terminus. Johnson for the free barricades and mech armies. And lastly, Ship with Reavers/Shrouds; focusing on killing air and keeping allies cloaked.
I was speaking more of a 1vE senario but yea, sounds like a great strategy. His only weakness would be the AA stages but they would effect anot anything else so they could fly easily to safety for next round.
All Serina's Ice usually glitches the system.
As for the strategy question at the end there.
I like to border off 1 side with 15 walls, it helps even the worst leaders to do well.
Also your spot on with the Kodiaks and Wolverines tip, but i like to park a Condor on the cliff to help out with the enemy hordes
I like to border off 1 side with 15 walls, it helps even the worst leaders to do well.
Also your spot on with the Kodiaks and Wolverines tip, but i like to park a Condor on the cliff to help out with the enemy hordes
Condors? Super units are like the worst units.
Condors? Super units are like the worst units.
I use it as a sniper.
Not as a fighter