Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

That Gameplay Though

OP High Lord Rust

I am so used to Halo Wars, that when I play Halo Wars 2, I feel that it plays a lot slower. I don't know if it's just me, but I played a skirmish against normal leveled A.I.'s, and the game took a full hour!!! While in Halo Wars it only took at most half that time, on Heroic difficulty. Again, this could just be me
Well, the tanks and main air are noticeably slower, and units take a slightly longer time to build than in the first game, so those might be some factors. Nice gamertag, by the way. Made me LOL.
Overall, I'd say this sounds like a lack of familiarity with mechanics than slower gameplay, especially versus a normal AI. From what I've seen, this game is actually a lot faster paced than HW1, thanks to the new economic system. Armies can be built right off the bat, and engagements are often very quick and decisive. Most of my online games last less than 15 minutes.
Overall, I'd say this sounds like a lack of familiarity with mechanics than slower gameplay, especially versus a normal AI. From what I've seen, this game is actually a lot faster paced than HW1, thanks to the new economic system. Armies can be built right off the bat, and engagements are often very quick and decisive. Most of my online games last less than 15 minutes.
yeah, it most likely is. I was just surprised at how slow it was.
Well, the tanks and main air are noticeably slower, and units take a slightly longer time to build than in the first game, so those might be some factors. Nice gamertag, by the way. Made me LOL.