Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The birds and the beetles...

OP Entity W

Jackal and Drone leaders.

Jackals would fit perfectly in the Banished, being that their ENTIRE CULTURE IS ABOUT PIRACY AND MERCENARIES. The Jackal leader would have all types of Jackals, of all different phenotypes.

Next the Drones, led by the Yanme'e Hive Queen. They are bugs, do whatever you want 343.

Also the flood maybe. Idk m8s.
Entity W wrote:
Jackal and Drone leaders.

Jackals would fit perfectly in the Banished, being that their ENTIRE CULTURE IS ABOUT PIRACY AND MERCENARIES. The Jackal leader would have all types of Jackals, of all different phenotypes.

Next the Drones, led by the Yanme'e Hive Queen. They are bugs, do whatever you want 343.

Also the flood maybe. Idk m8s.
Jackal and flood leaders would be cool. Drones, meh. Maybe it's just my prejudice against them because I hate playing against them in games, but the less we see of those damn buggers, the better.

However, I don't think we're getting any new leaders for this game. The population isn't huge, and the game is pretty old. I would expect that 343 is focusing their energy and efforts on current projects like the MCC on PC, and the upcoming release of Infinite.
Fun Fact: Drones were originally planned, with stuff still in the files for HWDE, their models, everything.
I do think there might be drones, or more major updates. The Flood however has been modded to death, i don't think the flood will make it. The Jackals and Drones are still on the table tho.
I would've liked to see Kig-Yar as part of the Banished, reasons mentioned above. While I think it's ok that not all former Covenant species are represented within the Banished, I was pretty surprised that Jackals were the ones left out.

But yeah at this point, HW2 is well beyond it's content-DLC lifecycle. Frankly it's noteworthy if and when they update the balance these days. Still an incredible game and my favorite Halo game, and let's keep it in perspective, they added a HEAP of content relative to the game's status.
But just why....4 Brutes....I get Atriox and Decimus, but we didn't need Pavium and Voridus...If it was Atriox against the Flood, that would be nice. It would also leave spots for Jackals and Drones.