Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The game is broken

OP Dann XLAWS

Again... The game is broken if you don't rush you can't do anything I really don't like it, it's awful, this game is supposed to be large and with strategy and this is not anymore again you only need to build a lot of units and that's all, warthogs are broken and I really want to play with strategy not only doing units without thinking about it
Currently there isn't a rush anyone can pull off that is impossible to beat. What rushes are you struggling with? What's your normal build you do?
Currently there isn't a rush anyone can pull off that is impossible to beat. What rushes are you struggling with? What's your normal build you do?
Recently with warthogs if you can survive the rush you are very damage or without bases and resources to make something before the rush
Start with putting up two anti-infantry turrets and a bunch of hellbringers and a few snipers as well as hero, too if you're UNSC...should have all that ready before a rush happens. Sounds like you're not scouting out the enemy in the first 3 minutes to see what they're making and preparing in time.
If you're not prepared against a warthog rush, than you are destined to fail. The enemy isn't going to sit around for 30 minutes waiting for you to build your dream army.
It would be nice if Goliaths were nerfed. The damage they deal to your base with just a small number of units is ridiculous. But that ain't happening.

I think players who party up for 3v3 should earn an even further reduced number of skill points when the match is over in a few minutes due to rushing.

I also think there needs to be a rating system to hold spiteful teammates accountable. I've been in a large number of matches where teammates build an army and keep it at their base the entire match. I've also been in matches where teammates flat out refused to assist at all. I've seen teammates purposely recall their armies to their base and keep them there as you get reamed. All of this is essentially "team killing", in my opinion. And it's frustrating as hell.
Goliaths are expensive. I know they're frustrating but if you beat that rush the game should be yours, a well timed spartan slam or chopper rams can go a long way in stunning them long enough for your turrets to mow them down. Also air wrecks warthogs and can take out basses if warthogs are your struggle. If they make to many wolves for you to counter with air then hunters or cyclopes will melt them and set your opponent back on power. Also use active leader powers effectively as they can often be the key to the mid game.
Warthog rush is easy to stop. You should always scout every single game you play around the one minute mark. But dont just drive up there and let it die, keep the scout unit moving around their territory so you know exactly what they are doing. If you see 2 gens they are rushing to tech 2. Your best bet is to build a bunch of hellbringers and a few snipers and marines and hit them before the 4 minute mark, kill their army first then if you feel like you can take the base then kill it. If not then take out both his gens and send a spartan out to keep his army from building. Bonis tip, if they are teching up get a second base up while you are on your way to hit them. If you can pull that off then tlthere is pretty much no chance they can come back. If you arent scouting then sorry but you will never be good at this game.
If you want to defend from an infantry rush heres how. Scout at 1 min mark. If you see a barracks they are probably rushing. 2 barracks means flame rush is coming. Jackrabbits will kill flamers. Snipers will kill marines, flamers, jobs, suicide grunts, and goliaths. If your scouting correctly you should know where they are on the map, so catch them while they are on their way over. And always have at least one turret up if they are rushing. Upgrade it if they are jpb or goliath rushing. I havent played in a while but these are the basics.
Dann XLAWS wrote:
Recently with warthogs if you can survive the rush you are very damage or without bases and resources to make something before the rush
Hate to break it to you, but an army of warthogs at 7-8 minutes is not a rush. That is just a total lack of scouting, early game pressure, and resource management on your end.

Looking at the match specifically, your opponent didn't even hit "peak warthogs" until 9 minutes. Both your populations were rising about equally the whole time. At about 9 minutes there was a large engagement that you you came out on the bottom of and couldn't recover. That is not a "rush" and is in no way broken or unbeatable, the problem was a lack of scouting resulting in your equal sized population losing to his wathogs. If you population was more AV and air the result would likely have been entirely reversed. Also guessing the Forge player had a really good scatterbomb due to the extremely rapid drop in population. As expected right at this ~9min engagement Forge used 2 leader powers.

EDIT2: Not to mention the gales, wolves, and snipers mixed with the hogs, which would destroy your comp that was almost exclusively hunters/engineers.
Goliaths are expensive. I know they're frustrating but if you beat that rush the game should be yours, a well timed spartan slam or chopper rams can go a long way in stunning them long enough for your turrets to mow them down. Also air wrecks warthogs and can take out basses if warthogs are your struggle. If they make to many wolves for you to counter with air then hunters or cyclopes will melt them and set your opponent back on power. Also use active leader powers effectively as they can often be the key to the mid game.
Goliaths are getting a nerf, they are the strongest AB in the game (Highest damage on the chart of every other unit) their health pool is huge and the damage is stupid
Dann XLAWS wrote:
Again... The game is broken if you don't rush you can't do anything I really don't like it, it's awful, this game is supposed to be large and with strategy and this is not anymore again you only need to build a lot of units and that's all, warthogs are broken and I really want to play with strategy not only doing units without thinking about it
Scout early and scout often. Knowing what your enemy is building will help you to counter it. If your enemy is going vehicles, build anti-vehicle or air. If they are going air, make sure to get some anti-air out and mix grunts/marines into your army. Infantry? They get beat up by vehicles and snipers/rangers.

Knowing what to build and when really turns the tide in a battle. Make sure to scout early and scout often.
Goliaths are getting a nerf, they are the strongest AB in the game (Highest damage on the chart of every other unit) their health pool is huge and the damage is stupid
Im all for that. They’ve made me want to throw my controller more times than id like to admit. Im just saying they’re not invincible.
Ol Skool85 wrote:
It would be nice if Goliaths were nerfed. The damage they deal to your base with just a small number of units is ridiculous. But that ain't happening.

I think players who party up for 3v3 should earn an even further reduced number of skill points when the match is over in a few minutes due to rushing.

I also think there needs to be a rating system to hold spiteful teammates accountable. I've been in a large number of matches where teammates build an army and keep it at their base the entire match. I've also been in matches where teammates flat out refused to assist at all. I've seen teammates purposely recall their armies to their base and keep them there as you get reamed. All of this is essentially "team killing", in my opinion. And it's frustrating as hell.
Lol Ik that feeling all to well bud best advice I can give you is don’t solo que