The game will probably end on a cliffhanger

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Halo Wars 2 is the next installment in the Reclaimer Saga. It's set in April 2559, a few months after the events of Halo 5: Guardians, which we all know Cortana has the Guardians and is looking to control the galaxy. The Spirit of Fire and Banished are gonna be duking it out on the Ark for this game. However, I don't think they're gonna be fighting against each other the entire game. I think in the 3rd act, both parties will form an uneasy alliance against Cortana and the Created who gain access to the Ark. I think Cutter's group and Atriox's will escape the Ark while Cortana gets a Halo ready for possible usage. I think the game will end on a cliffhanger, and get us pumped up for Halo 6. What do you think?
Halo Wars 2 is the next installment in the Reclaimer Saga. It's set in April 2559, a few months after the events of Halo 5: Guardians, which we all know Cortana has the Guardians and is looking to control the galaxy. The Spirit of Fire and Banished are gonna be duking it out on the Ark for this game. However, I don't think they're gonna be fighting against each other the entire game. I think in the 3rd act, both parties will form an uneasy alliance against Cortana and the Created who gain access to the Ark. I think Cutter's group and Atriox's will escape the Ark while Cortana gets a Halo ready for possible usage. I think the game will end on a cliffhanger, and get us pumped up for Halo 6. What do you think?
Most likely,but I know it will be a better cliffhanger then halo 5
I wonder if we'll see the Warden.
Any cliffhanger would be better than Halo 5's.
I wonder if Cortana's in the game, how much scree-time she'll get.
I hope it dose. So far I'm in love with the story. I love Atriox and the Banished. Where 343 should have went to begin with.

Part of me hopes this will be the last Halo RTS and the story will move into Halo 6 and other spinoffs.

I really am done with the prometheins. I'm so sick of fighting them. Never captured my imagination as much as Covenant, flood and Banished have. It's such a sigh of relief they are not in Halo Wars 2 and we have our good old Sentinels back.
Ending this game on a cliffhanger that leads into Halo 6 would be an absolutely terrible idea, since many people who bought Halo 5 and will buy Halo 6 will not purchase Halo Wars 2. It's a completely different genre of game and a sequel to a spinoff, they can't expect people to buy it in the same way as they do for the main games in the series.

Personally, out of the 7 people who I know who have bought Halo 5, none of them will be buying Halo Wars 2.
If it's a good cliffhanger fine...but Halo 6 has to be better than 5.
Yah my guess is it'll end with Cortana and Atriox teaming up, then the DLC missions will focus on that.
Yah my guess is it'll end with Cortana and Atriox teaming up, then the DLC missions will focus on that.
Atriox wouldn't ally with Cortana in a million years.
Why? They could strike a deal that would give Atriox a ton of power. That's ultimately what Atriox wants, and Cortana has it.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Ending this game on a cliffhanger that leads into Halo 6 would be an absolutely terrible idea, since many people who bought Halo 5 and will buy Halo 6 will not purchase Halo Wars 2. It's a completely different genre of game and a sequel to a spinoff, they can't expect people to buy it in the same way as they do for the main games in the series.

Personally, out of the 7 people who I know who have bought Halo 5, none of them will be buying Halo Wars 2.
Every person who plays Halo that I know is intending on buying Halo Wars 2. Not everyone is genre-exclusive; many of my friends would love to see Halo games of other genres, as well.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Every person who plays Halo that I know is intending on buying Halo Wars 2. Not everyone is genre-exclusive; many of my friends would love to see Halo games of other genres, as well.
Oh of course, many of my friends love RTS games as well. I have, and still do, play many RTS games with them. On PC. The thing is, Halo Wars was only on Xbox 360, and lots of people don't like the idea of an RTS on the console. So, those people never bought the first game, and if they didn't buy the first game, they see no reason to buy the sequel, even if it is on PC now. It's not a question of genre-exclusivity, it's just that the first game failed to draw in the majority of the Halo fanbase.

I mean, numbers don't lie. Halo Wars sold, what, under 3 million copies? It doesn't matter what people I know will do, nor does it matter what people you know will do. Halo Wars is not as popular as the FPS games in the franchise by any means, especially since it is a spinoff. Making Halo Wars 2 as important to the story as Halo 5 and Halo 6 is as bad of an idea as making a book crucial to the story, or if they would have made Halo 3 ODST crucial to understanding the story.

It also doesn't help that a lot of people have lost faith in 343i. Halo 4's multiplayer is regarded as being the worst in the series. MCC launched completely broken. Halo 5 had an absolutely abysmal campaign and launched with less than half of the content it should have. I can't blame anybody for not wanting to buy Halo games anymore.
I resemble that remark. I'm a PC player who typically sticks to the RTS and RPG category. I got an Xbox and picked up a FPS because the Halo story/universe interested me.

I have mixed thoughts about meshing the stories completely. On the one hand I like the idea, but I can see how it would suck for people who hadn't played the HW games. If they could get some sort of a "tl;dr" in the beginning of Halo 6, I would be all for meshing them. Assuming the story is at the same level as HW1, I will be wanting more Halo RTS games though. Maybe something like a Halo version of Rise of the Tomb Raider as well? Not sure how exactly that would work, but something like that set in the Halo universe would be a buy for me.
Why? They could strike a deal that would give Atriox a ton of power. That's ultimately what Atriox wants, and Cortana has it.
true, maybe cortana would decide to go back with chief?
Atriox broke from the Covenant as to not be a pawn in someone else's agenda/gain. Cortana would be using him the same way the Prophets did. Atriox would never side with Cortana.
Atriox broke from the Covenant as to not be a pawn in someone else's agenda/gain. Cortana would be using him the same way the Prophets did. Atriox would never side with Cortana.
The Covenant sent him on suicide missions. Cortana and Atriox would most likely partners, with Atriox being the "general" of the Covenant and Prometheans and Cortana would be devising the plans and all that. A simple foot soldier or a squad of marines could be used as pawns, but speaking in chess terms, Atriox would be the queen and Cortana would be the king.
V0Xila wrote:
true, maybe cortana would decide to go back with chief?
I don't think Cortans is coming back to the good side. Well, if she does, she definitely won't survive.
The Covenant sent him on suicide missions. Cortana and Atriox would most likely partners, with Atriox being the "general" of the Covenant and Prometheans and Cortana would be devising the plans and all that. A simple foot soldier or a squad of marines could be used as pawns, but speaking in chess terms, Atriox would be the queen and Cortana would be the king.
I think Atriox would see through Cortana's BS. I would know once Cortana's goal was reached, she would dispose of him. He's a smart guy and wouldn't risk allying with her.
I think Atriox would see through Cortana's BS. I would know once Cortana's goal was reached, she would dispose of him. He's a smart guy and wouldn't risk allying with her.
Who says there's BS? Cortana wants peace. Atriox wants power. Both can coexist.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4