Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The lack of updates..

OP Affest

A few months ago I posted on here asking if there was any word on any new updates coming to the game. I was told that there were updates that were coming.. But.. no updates have come.. And the most recent post by 343 on here is for the July 2018 balance patch..???? Idk. I'm lowkey frustrated. I really love this game and I understand development takes time, but it feels like the team has given up on the game, or something. That's just how it feels. What is happening? Are there any content updates in development? Patches? Balance updates? Reworks? Is this the end of the game's development and what we see is what we get? Firefight is still BROKEN in so many ways I can't keep track of. Is it going to be fixed at all?

What is happening..
From my understanding there are only 2 devs working on the game unfortunately. This game could have been a long term success with continuous updates, but unfortunately they cut its support after 8 months.
Sure seems like we are at balance only from here on out. I wish there was more too, but what we are getting/got is far better then HW1 received. I think HW2 is pretty much done, but I'm sure it will remain in my top played for quite some time.

"8-bit RTS" comes out soon for xb1 -- so hopefully that will breath more life into the genre for us console players.
I just want my Voridus blisterbacks fixed...
I just want my Voridus blisterbacks fixed...
That'll be fixed in the next hotfix

As to the OP's point, the balance patch came in on the 17th of July, so the last update was less than a month ago. Do you want the updates to be more frequent? Because that's kind of a tall order.
Silver ww wrote:
From my understanding there are only 2 devs working on the game unfortunately. This game could have been a long term success with continuous updates, but unfortunately they cut its support after 8 months.
Don't know what an update is to you, but we've been getting balance patches much more than just 8 months after launch.
Silver ww wrote:
Don't know what an update is to you, but we've been getting balance patches much more than just 8 months after launch.
I was thinking the exact same thing. We've had a lot of balance patches.
The devs that are currently making up the Halo Wars team also are on the MCC team and from just what I have heard from them, the people responsible for signing their pay checks want more attention with MCC for the time being. They still are committed to working on this game, but be patient. Microsoft doesn't pull in a lot of money currently from either of these titles so the fact that they are getting worked on at all while H6 is being developed is a blessing and should not be taken for granted.
If you are used to something like fortnite or another game that gets content every week or big reworks every couple of months, you have to remember that those titles are raking in huge profits from cosmetics, thus funding a huge team of developers and artists to keep the cash cow munching. The one system that was implemented for micro transactions in this title was in a game mode few cared for and was very poorly received given they created the game mode as pay to win. There is no incentive for 343 to not let this title die other than to not endure another PR fire like the MCC.
If nothing I’ve said so far makes much sense here is this, be freakin gratful there is anyone assigned to help with balance and not just full cut support after last dlc drop which I believe was awakening the nightmare and running with the profits. Seriously, imagine what this game was like when Voridus and Pavium just dropped, that would likely have been the strategy. 343 is company not a friend who cares for your feelings, only a designer to meet a bottom line. To reiterate, be grateful, and in this case patient with a 2 person crew attempting to balance this monster.
Silver ww wrote:
We haven't gotten any new content since ATN. Pretty obvious what I was saying if you just use your brain a little.
Silver ww wrote:
Silver ww wrote:
We haven't gotten any new content since ATN. Pretty obvious what I was saying if you just use your brain a little.
Content=/=Updates

Hence why I was seeking clarification.
Outside of another expansion, the only content one could hope for in this game is maps. I am still shocked they were able to pull off as many leaders as they did without them feeling redundant and at the same time balanced.