Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The Locust is OP

OP CnamnToastCraig

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So I don't often complain about a specific unit being imba or OP but the locust is extremely so. The versatility it has is insane! Not only that but there is no comparable unit within the UNSC. This makes me feel like I have to play banished to even have a shot at winning. The combo of its range and mobility with a beam weapon is just wow. It's hard to counter and once again the UNSC has no similar unit. Idk if anyone agrees with me but I would like to think that it could be agreed upon that at the very least the UNSC needs a unit that is just as good. Preferably I would like to see the range and mobility reduced or keep its range but make it be stationary when firing. It's kiting ability is too rewarding. I appreciate any feedback on my thoughts and hope the thread stays clean and friendly as I love halo and just want to see it be the best it can be.
So true, the locust has so much range and can fire while moving, the locust with lifesteal is even worse.
really? i felt it was quite useless as it does so little damage to most everything
If you think Locusts are bad, just wait till you run into a Scarab.
I agree, I actually got here by googling "how to counter locust halo wars 2"
Scarabs cost 300 energy while a normal locust costs 40, 60 for the siphon version. You could spawn 5!! siphon Locusts for 1 Scarab. Scarabs are fine, the locusts on the other hand have to be nerved
Locusts are good for harassing. Other than that they have a relatively low damage output and die fairly quickly.
Locusts are unbelievably op, I get three with a shield and I've taken out a tank, a vulture, and a hand full of odsts easily...most people quit when they see three locusts
you should put this in feedback OP
How to kill Locust (based on HW1 experience):

Mac.

Nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.
In my time playing I've learned that locusts are vulnrabke to cyclopses, artilary, hunters, and well a mass of anything.
Also a grunt is driving it. So those 3 squads I lost were by a grunt.
really? i felt it was quite useless as it does so little damage to most everything
It's a harassing unit. If you're putting it on the front lines, you're doing it wrong.
I think it's a bit absurd that a locust has more range than an artillery piece. And that the lifesteal locust can 1v1 a super unit, or a small army for that matter. Plus they can fire while moving. On the current map, which is quite small, the locust completely dominates. If you get a group of locusts together it's almost impossible to stop them, unless you drop a scarab/condor on them. They remind me of how in HW1 the only tactic was spamming one unit type.
Most banished units seems better than the UNSC units, and the Locust is definitely way too good for the cost. I just made a post about the unit difference in general: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/banished-got-far-better-cheaper-units-than-unsc/43d926c5-b032-42cd-b49c-db9824c1ab02/posts
It's a harassing unit. If you're putting it on the front lines, you're doing it wrong.
I know that of course
I agree. That's why I use it :P
God help us if there's ever a cloaked locust...
Not if you have 5 of them.
The fact that they're extremely cheap is so annoying.
I actually took it upon myself to cycle til I only got an army of locust and engineers, and holy crap this is true. They need to do some kind of tweaking by either making it more close range or just cutting it's mobility when it fires because once you get 3-4 engineers over 5-8 locust + bloodlust locust and have them at a long enough range that they can attack without the enemy seeing them, they're just done. That's like playing cards and getting 5 Ace's.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3