1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Attention!
Line up front and center!
Listen up Soldiers, because here's the official Strategy guide to Winning Terminus Firefight:

Okay, let's start of with the Territory Names I'll be using:
  • The Crystal Sands
  • The Bad Lands
  • The Green Fields
Glad we got that out of the way.

• Next is how to beat the first 5 Waves:
Build Marines, Snipers and Turrets... & If you're playing as the Banished Build Unstable Barrels, if you time it right you can defeat an entire wave in a slit second with those things.

• Next is the capturing and holding of the Mini-Bases: (Optional)
After you've got the Terminus secure move out and take the Mini-Bases, all of em and hold them with Turrets, Walls & Siege Turrets.
Now, on about Wave 40 (or earlier) you won't be able to hold the Mini-Bases anymore the enemy will get too Tough, which brings me to my next tip:

• Next is how to Funnel:
The purpose of funneling is to force all the enemies into one side where you can team up on them, here's how it works:
You Build 15 Barricades (or Shield Barriers) On the The Bad Lands, and if your playing 3vE build 15 more on The Green Fields. Here's how I like to set up my barricades.
So why do we want to funnel all the enemies into the Crystal Sands?
Well, because the enemy has natural Tendency to invade the Crystal Sands over any other side.
Okay so, on the Crystal Sands you need to set up a Half Funnel and 2 Electric Trap Funnels.

To clear things up, here's how the funnels should look on the map.

• Next is dealing with Direct Air:
Direct Air has a 1 in 3 chance of Coming on the 4th Wave of a UNSC or Banished Round.
Now defeating Direct Air is tough, there's a variety of things you can do to combat them:
  1. Nightingales can Cloak the Terminus with their smoke bomb Y ability. (Note: Shroud's can also cloak the Terminus)
  2. AA units, are pretty effective against Direct Air, so make sure you have a few ready to defend the Terminus.
  3. Turrets on the later rounds say: 50 to 100 are completely useless against Direct Air. Your better off Building Siege Turrets around the Terminus on the later waves to help with the war in the lanes.
  4. If your Playing as Yap Yap THE DESTROYER, you can build Heavy Grunts, their extremely effective against Direct Air with their EMP Y ability.
Now sometimes you just get beat by Direct Air, its a pretty unfair wave, so don't be too mad if they destroy the Terminus even if your using these tactics.
  • Next is Artillery and your Army:
In order to win on the later waves you can't be fighting the enemy directly.
Artillery, (such as Siege Turrets, Kodiaks and BlisterBacks) will help you to avoid direct engagements with the enemy's ground forces as much as possible.
As for your Army, it should be made up of Wolverines and Kodiaks or if your playing as the Banished Reavers and BlisterBacks.
(But l do encourage creativity in the composition of your army)
  • Next I'm gonna be filling you in on most of the little Tricks I and other players have come up with:
  1. Utilise Bonus Cores.
  2. Always keep your Population high by taking as many mini-bases as possible, you don't even have to hold them, just build them with a scout unit. A bigger Army is always better!
  3. Build as many Siege Turrets as possible, their really handy.
  4. Monitor your Ally's Supply and Power levels and share resources with them if their low on the stuff.
  5. Utilize Unstable Barrels.
  6. Utilize Sniper Barricades. (Note: A Sniper Barricade is just a Garrison Barricade filled with 3 Snipers, this tactic really helps with 'Heavy Infantry' Waves)
  7. Utilize the Jack Rabbit's line of sight. (Note: must have 'Support drone' upgrade first)
  8. Utilize Suicide Grunts on the first 5 waves if your Banished.
  9. Use this Mine Tactic.
  10. Gather Treasure hordes for the later waves by continually opening Bonus Cores at your Main Base.
  11. If your Playing as Pavium you can use the Mega Turret Base Tactic.
  12. If your Playing as a Leader like Anders or Serina, prioritize these Passive Leader Powers: Cryo Advances or Sentinel Beacon.
  13. If your playing as Colony utilize the Living Barrier.
  14. If your Playing as Sgt Johnson utilize the Bunker Drop, it has a large area of light.
  15. (Optional) Watch Tower Trick.
Now something I can't give you is luck, if you get This Wave twice in a round your pretty much dead. (Even getting this wave once can kill ya)
And if you keep getting unlucky with Direct Air your gonna loose.
Also if they keep sending UNSC waves you'll eventually loose, but if you keep getting Flood you have greater chance of winning.
  • Next is Faction Ranking:
As you already know each round has faction Attached to it, here's the ranking most dangerous to least dangerous:
  1. UNSC
  2. Banished
  3. Flood
  4. Sentinels
Sentinels are the least dangerous because they don't have Direct Air or Heavy Air,Flood are the second least Dangerous because they don't have Direct Air, where as the UNSC and Banished have both of those Waves making them the most dangerous.
UNSC take first place for being the most dangerous because their Heavy Air Waves are made up of Vultures.

• The End.
Well so there you have it Marines, that's almost everything I know about Winning Terminus Firefight, try these strategies out & let me know what you think!
If you've got any more questions you can message me at Sgt Palooggoo.

But keep in mind if you do all this stuff right your life expectancy will sky rocket and your attitude will be like This.

Dismissed!
Bonus Tips!
(Post a tip you have and I'll feature it here!)
  • Use Spartans to hijack the Enemy Vehicles like: Grizzlies, Vultures and BlisterBacks. If you get 6 Veterancy for them they can be a powerful force to be reckoned with! Not to mention they also retain the Health and Damage of the Vehicle they hijack.
  • Shrouds with the Ship Master have a large area of cloaking about them, this is quite useful.
  • If the enemy tries to invade a territory that is blocked off with barricades they will destroy the first barricade and turn around and head over to the Crystal Sands, so all you gotta do is rebuild the barricade they destroyed.
  • Vehicle Symbiotes is one of the most useful leader powers in the game. It increases your units range which is extremely important in Terminus Firefight. I like to use it on Locusts which are already long ranged units.
  • Regen Barricades aren't good at healing themselves but if you park an Air Unit over top of them the unit will be constantly healed.
Wow, I didn't notice bunker barricades provide sight for the Turrets... that is so freaking awesome. Learning from the master......>>>>> LINK EXAMPLE

EDIT 1: Jackrabbit upgraded next to Siege turret... Geezes just brilliant. This is the best definitive guide.
EDIT 2: Is there any way to "win" in Firefight? Why I am getting a lost in my record for every flipping match I play of Firefight?
  1. If your Playing as Yap Yap THE DESTROYER, you can build Heavy Grunts, their extremely effective against Direct Air with their EMP Y ability.
Finally somebody who releases how good Yap Yap is in TFF.
BlinxESP wrote:
EDIT 2: Is there any way to "win" in Firefight? Why I am getting a lost in my record for every flipping match I play of Firefight?
Yeah, I believe the only "win" scenario that goes on record is getting through the 100 waves.
BlinxESP wrote:
Yeah, I believe the only "win" scenario that goes on record is getting through the 100 waves.
what!!!!!! 100 waves... that is impossible. I barely pass 50!!!
Pag just a heads up, I’ll be at 1 or 2 on the leaderboards shortly. I’ve got a new set of strategies that is shredding terminus. Working on it now win my partner. When done and I get to the top I’ll explain what I’ve done. Agree with most of what you wrote. A few things I disagree with. I’ll explain once I get to 100 again with this new strategy!!!
This is AWESOME, I just have a few questions.

1. Why are sentinels above flood in difficulty? I always found them to be the easiest, flood is still easy but at least they sometimes cause problems.

2. How long does a normal winning match last? I've gone to wave 60 on normal and that took my squad an hour and a half. Going 100 waves seems almost like it'd take all day.

3. What is your leader that you're playing as in these pictures, I know you list off different strategies which is great, but seeing as you have so many barricades it seems to me that unless you're playing Johnson that'd take forever to set up those barricades.

4. I know there is thread after thread on it, and I'm very lazy, what is your ranking for the top leaders for UNSC and Banished?

But despite all these questions you're post was very clear. Thank you for making such a detailed post with pictures. Hard to find people who do that with great execution like you do!!
Spoiler:
Show
Well Jocher, can't wait to hear what strategies your using.
This is AWESOME, I just have a few questions.

1. Why are sentinels above flood in difficulty? I always found them to be the easiest, flood is still easy but at least they sometimes cause problems.

2. How long does a normal winning match last? I've gone to wave 60 on normal and that took my squad an hour and a half. Going 100 waves seems almost like it'd take all day.

3. What is your leader that you're playing as in these pictures, I know you list off different strategies which is great, but seeing as you have so many barricades it seems to me that unless you're playing Johnson that'd take forever to set up those barricades.

4. I know there is thread after thread on it, and I'm very lazy, what is your ranking for the top leaders for UNSC and Banished

But despite all these questions you're post was very clear. Thank you for making such a detailed post with pictures. Hard to find people who do that with great execution like you do!!
First off thanks soldier!
  1. Okay well I don't know why Sentinels beat Flood, in fact I think I'll change it to Flood being third best. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
  2. A winning match lasts 2 Hours+
  3. In the pictures I play as multiple leaders but I do play as Johnson, but you can build the Barricades over time.
  4. Well, any leader can Work but the Best leaders are Colony, Anders, Sgt Johnson and Yap Yap THE DESTROYER in my opinion.
Quick reference point. BasicAlly I argue to fight on two fronts instead of one. Bunching all enemies in to one corridor to me is harder as when the vultures come they tend to destroy nearly everything in their path. So my partner and I block off one side of our second expansion (that is surrounded by three sets of 5 barricades) . We both fight whatever comes. The kicker is that I No longer have to deal with annoying direct air that wipes out all my kodiaks. We’ve found two spots (each at the second expansion) where you can park your kodiaks permanently the entire game and direct air does not EVER hit them. So all we are doing is managing air waves with our wolverines.

Last game we fot to 83 on legendary. With a huge score. When we get to 100 I anticipate beating the 350 or so million that player 1 has achieved. We will try and mixer it too. But sometimes that affects our internet connections and someone drops which is infuriating. But I’ll try.

Also so are you down to try this strategy with me? 2vE? I don’t see you on a lot though.
Jocher wrote:
Also so are you down to try this strategy with me? 2vE? I don’t see you on a lot though.
Well I'm pretty busy lately but I'm sure you can find Warriors for your cause!

So you like to fight the enemy on 2 fronts? Never occurred to me before but if your having that kind of success with that strategy then it must work very well. 👍

Though one thing I wanna say about funneling all the enemies into one side is: they come in manageable chunks, not all at once, but heavy air does all group up which is a large problem, and it seems your strategy combats heavy air well...
Nice guide thanks to you
PredaTx Fr wrote:
Nice guide thanks to you
Thanks, I believe everyone should have a chance to win Terminus Firefight once in their Halo Wars 2 careers.
This is AWESOME!

Well, thank you Dirtybird391100, the reason I put a fair bit of work into this is because I run on the belief of: "If your gonna do something, do it right the first time and do it good."
BlinxESP wrote:
Wow, I didn't notice bunker barricades provide sight for the Turrets... that is so freaking awesome. Learning from the master......>>>>> LINK EXAMPLE
This pleases me! Keep it up!
Yo sarge this is awesome! Great work throwing this together and adding graphics. I’d like to add my $0.02, as far as leader picks go, Shipmaster is great thanks to his shroud upgrades. Running 2 shrouds can take turns keeping you army perma cloaked, and their radius is HUGE! If only they could also cloak the Terminus (devs please fix this!)
Seems like a lot of stuff in here is followed by someone I watch on YouTube who gets super high rounds. Must be good then.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
So I went back last night and I tried a few of you're starts out with a few friends. I can definitely say that it was much easier than normal, the funneling plus the bunker barricades giving line of sight plus having siege turrets everywhere really helps. The only thing I couldn't find is a good place for the "support drone" jackrabbit. It is a smart idea but I couldn't find a good place to put it. The bunker barricades provide enough line of sight already. Have anywhere specific to put those jackrabbits at Sgt.?
So I went back last night and I tried a few of you're starts out with a few friends. I can definitely say that it was much easier than normal, the funneling plus the bunker barricades giving line of sight plus having siege turrets everywhere really helps. The only thing I couldn't find is a good place for the "support drone" jackrabbit. It is a smart idea but I couldn't find a good place to put it. The bunker barricades provide enough line of sight already. Have anywhere specific to put those jackrabbits at Sgt.?
Well, Park the Jackrabbit where it is in the picture, it's purpose is to see across the gorge.
Try it out to see what I mean.
Yo sarge this is awesome! Great work throwing this together and adding graphics. I’d like to add my $0.02, as far as leader picks go, Shipmaster is great thanks to his shroud upgrades. Running 2 shrouds can take turns keeping you army perma cloaked, and their radius is HUGE! If only they could also cloak the Terminus (devs please fix this!)
Thank you General sir! Just doing my job!
Yeah, about that Shroud Tactic, I saw a guy doing that awhile ago and gee is that a good Tactic.
You think I should update the post to feature that Shroud tactic in the guide sir?
Thank you General sir! Just doing my job!
Yeah, about that Shroud Tactic, I saw a guy doing that awhile ago and gee is that a good Tactic.
You think I should update the post to feature that Shroud tactic in the guide sir?
I think you should use that second post as a place to edit and add more about specific leaders strengths/weaknesses.

Another tip I've learned. If you hijack an AI vehicle with a spartan, the vehicle will dissapear at the end of the wave unless you kill all units in the wave. This especially goes for Vultures or Grizzlies.

Oh my lord you have no idea how badass and OP three 6* Grizzlies were with Jerome. On legendary too, they just wouldn't die!
I think you should use that second post as a place to edit and add more about specific leaders strengths/weaknesses.

Another tip I've learned. If you hijack an AI vehicle with a spartan, the vehicle will dissapear at the end of the wave unless you kill all units in the wave. This especially goes for Vultures or Grizzlies.

Oh my you have no idea how badass and OP three 6* Grizzlies were with Jerome. On legendary too, they just wouldn't die!
I think I'll do that sir!
Actually I didn't know why sometimes your hijacked vehicles would sometimes disappeare and other times it wouldn't. Thanks for telling me about that!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6