1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
This is a very well detailed guide for new players.
It's pretty much how I played in my 213M run. There are a few things I did different from this guide
  • I didn't do the half funnel
  • I like to hold on the mini bases until wave 45 or 50 as long there are no UNSC
  • I don't rely only Blisterbacks to handle on ground units
  • The units used are The Hunter Captain, 15 Reavers, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Wraiths, 3 Hunters, 2 Shrouds and 1 Elite Ranger at wave 50 and beyond
However even with this guide and if you get very good luck I don't believe this will beat my score unless you take some risky moves and you need a leader who has mines except for Johnson without them its not possible.
When the next update comes with Shrouds finally be able to cloak the Terminus I'm gonna try a few things out because I think I can top my own score.
Oh yeah one last thing in my run believe it or not I got no direct air for the entire game.
Hey TJ sixtyfour! Good to see ya champ!
Your points are pretty good but you use Wraiths?I always thought they where just big targets, maybe you could explain why they are useful.
Badass2790 wrote:
It's pretty much how I played in my 213M run. There are a few things I did different from this guide
  • I like to hold on the mini bases until wave 45 or 50 as long there are no UNSC
  • The units used are The Hunter Captain, 15 Reavers, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Wraiths, 3 Hunters, 2 Shrouds and 1 Elite Ranger at wave 50 and beyond
However even with this guide and if you get very good luck I don't believe this will beat my score unless you take some risky moves and you need a leader who has mines except for Johnson without them its not possible.
When the next update comes with Shrouds finally be able to cloak the Terminus I'm gonna try a few things out because I think I can top my own score.
Oh yeah one last thing in my run believe it or not I got no direct air for the entire game.
Can you explain why you need mines (or Johnson) to obtain a high score? Are the mines to grab minibases on wave 100 to maximize the score multiplier (and Johnson's increased site lines with free fences lets him do that)?

Also, where is your army positioned during this? Are you proactively chasing out toward any wave that lacks detection, or holding at that first T intersection (just beyond the first mini-base/at the second mini-base in OP's "Crystal Sands" area)?
Yes the mines are used to take mini bases and Johnson has remote sensors witch increases structures line of sight combine this with garrison barricades you will be able to see every mini bases on map to build it when there's nothing around it.
Where do I place my army? Well...everybody's got secrets.
They are in a spot were they can all attack since I focus on one line of defence
So again leaders that don't have mines can not get to the top of the leaderboards in 1vE except for Johnson
Hey TJ sixtyfour! Good to see ya champ!
Your points are pretty good but you use Wraiths?I always thought they where just big targets, maybe you could explain why they are useful.
Well I use them because they are better at close to medium range then Blisterbacks, they have a faster rate of fire, they are strong against infantry and vehicles, they also do splash damage not as big as the Blisterbacks and you can use vehicle symbiotes on them.
When you use their Y ability with vehicle symbiotes its as long a Colossus attack range so you can use it to snipe ground units
In the past when I just use the Blisterbacks to handle ground units a lot of them got through but with the captain, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Wraiths, 3 Hunters and 1 Elite ranger almost no ground units got through.
so that's why.
There's something I just realized in your guide the Flood do have heavy air
Well I use them because they are better at close to medium range then Blisterbacks, they have a faster rate of fire, they are strong against infantry and vehicles, they also do splash damage not as big as the Blisterbacks and you can use vehicle symbiotes on them.
When you use their Y ability its as long a Colossus attack range so you can use it to snipe ground units
In the past when I just use just the Blisterbacks to handle ground units a lot of them got through but with the captain, 5 Blisterbacks, 4 Wraiths, 3 Hunters and 1 Elite ranger almost no ground units got through.
so that's why.
Yup, that makes alot of sense, with 3 Veterancy, Vehicle Symbiote and Scorch motor you can make those things extremely deadly.
There's something I just realized in your guide the Flood do have heavy air
Dang your right they do!
Guess I better start editing 😩
Thanks a lot for your input, along with OP Sgt. I was wondering how there was a colony at the top of the leaderboards when almost literally everyone following is Anders or Johnson.

Why do you get the one elite ranger? does it really make that much of a difference? I've never noticed much damage output from them as a whole, let alone 1.
I've been trying out your very useful guide and note immediate improvements. However I'm having some issues with barricades (2vE):

Why do enemies sometimes override funnels in badlands? Even with full shield barricades they sometimes push through (Obviously this doesn't apply to direct air).
Other times, they just destroy one and move on. I've noticed it's usually from flood waves.
Am I building them incorrectly, or blocking units somehow?
Branko28 wrote:
I've been trying out your very useful guide and note immediate improvements. However I'm having some issues with barricades (2vE):

Why do enemies sometimes override funnels in badlands? Even with full shield barricades they sometimes push through (Obviously this doesn't apply to direct air).
Other times, they just destroy one and move on. I've noticed it's usually from flood waves.
is that after or before when there get the upgrade Destrution?
Branko28 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your input, along with OP Sgt. I was wondering how there was a colony at the top of the leaderboards when almost literally everyone following is Anders or Johnson.

Why do you get the one elite ranger? does it really make that much of a difference? I've never noticed much damage output from them as a whole, let alone 1.
Probably because he had 3 Pop left.
Branko28 wrote:
Your building them fine its just that the Flood are a little finicky.
Also if the enemy attempts to break through a blocked off side such as the Bad Lands, they will blow up the first barricade and turn around and head over to the Crystal Sands, so just rebuild the barricade and your fine.
I hope that answers some of your questions.
Branko28 wrote:

Probably because he had 3 Pop left.
yup I only had 3 pop left after everything was built
i was playing few mins ago terminis firefight and i have try something on my side off the field since i was on crystal sands base site something new and maybe its something good also what needs more testing on higher rounds.

terminus map

the Black X on the map are the clossed roads like we know on the first post.
the red dots are the 6 mini base's you can own.
yellow is the player if its lucky a UNSC player base spot.
the green dots are good place's for the Siege Turrets and good place's for Kodiaks and BlisterBacks at the base side.
and the gray square is the kill zone.

my idea is: first close 5 roads or 3 roads if you are playing with 2.
then can players from green fields and bad lands take a mini base and build maybe some turret's also there.
now can a player also take the mini base at crystal sands and build also there turrets.
at the same time other players sent slowly all there uniti's to the crystal sands mini base and keep defending it.
i think its also has a good timing if a direct air assault is coming to defence the terminis fast.

if it works 100% i not know if somebody wane test it out and report back on the forum if its working or not or see some problems then its nice.
Ty for the Guide Sgt Palooggoo, myself and xTracer managed to smash through the 2vE board to claim the numero uno position thanks to your funnelling route.

As repayment, might I share an improvement on your open lane barricade zig-zag set-up?

Electric Fence / 3* Marines
/3* Marines
Electric Fence / Healing Wall

^We found that running single lane barricades with a Leader (or Colossus type) stacked behind a Healing Wall was pretty much the optimal configuration. DPS from siege and a tank meat shield made even the typical gruelling Grizzly waves EZPZ. Not to mention single lane over zig-zag would concentrate the splash from Blisterbacks and Kodiaks.
d C1r b, glad to hear that soldier!
d C1r b wrote:
Ty for the Guide Sgt Palooggoo, myself and xTracer managed to smash through the 2vE board to claim the numero uno position thanks to your funnelling route.

As repayment, might I share an improvement on your open lane barricade zig-zag set-up?

/3* Marines

^We found that running single lane barricades with a Leader (or Colossus type) stacked behind a Healing Wall was pretty much the optimal configuration. DPS from siege and a tank meat shield made even the typical gruelling Grizzly waves EZPZ. Not to mention single lane over zig-zag would concentrate the splash from Blisterbacks and Kodiaks.
Great job!!! How did you defend against direct air and heavy air? Did one person play exclusively anti air and the other build almost nothing but kodiaks? Tel us more.
Jocher wrote:
d C1r b wrote:
Great job!!! How did you defend against direct air and heavy air? Did one person play exclusively anti air and the other build almost nothing but kodiaks? Tel us more.
Yes do tell d C1r b.
Jocher wrote:
d C1r b wrote:
Yes do tell d C1r b.
I went into a little detail on a full Top 100 run I streamed in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloWars/comments/82iv6s/halo_wars_2_lvl_100_terminus_firefight_2ve/

The general concept remained the same for the Top 1 run, except I ran as Johnson (for extra siege and mini-base visibility), whilst xTracer played as Pavium (again, more siege dots).

-Mix of both of our armies was a 60-30% split of AA and Siege units, with Siege Turrets in every slot.
-AA was used via a rolling guard (think of penguins against a blizzard), you just roll your AA and deal some damage, give up some ground, and move your own damaged units to the back of the ball on retreat.

That was it really, everything else has been included in more detail by Sgt. Palooggoo.

Any direct questions I'll answer, I'd really love to see it beaten and the only way that'll happen is by sharing strats amongst each other.
Everything you said there we’ve done except that I pretty much employ 20 kodiaks, 7wolves and 3 nightingales. My partner has literally nothing but wolverines. I play as Johnson he usually plays as Jerome.

Our issue is fighting 3 heavy air and a direct air. It just seems we can’t fight 90 vultures at a time. We’ve beaten it legendary 3x now but played probably 30.
d C1r b wrote:

/3* Marines

Just to clarify, is the healing wall closer to the Terminus, or closer to the enemy? I'm just wondering if the hero/Colossus unit is trapped inside of the trio of barricades you have there (two garrison barricades and a regen barricade)? If i recall one of your videos, the hero unit is typically parked in the lane in between the two electric traps.

Is the healing wall to keep the hero unit healed, and if so, just knowing if that's the one closer to the Terminus or closer to the enemy would be amazing. Thank you so much for posting a video of one of your runs, by the way!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6