Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The Skins are Finally Usable!

OP RUL MonkeyxMoo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Remember that "green" UNSC camo skin you got from the Twitter Halo Wars event back in January? And how on launch you couldn't find any way to access the damn things? Well it seems you can finally use them! Simply load up the game and go to Options & Extras. From there, go to the games section and scroll down. You'll see two options to turn on the custom skins; one for the UNSC,and another for the Banished. Why the Banished? Well that's because those who subscribed to the Halo Loot crate got an exclusive 'Pearl White' skin for the Banished Wraith and Blisterback!

The UNSC skins aren't green at all, rather they give a camo skin to the units. It even affects the pelicans that drop off structures and stuff!

The Pearl White Banished skin gives the Wraith and Blisterback a much shinier look compared to the other units. It's kind of lackluster compared to last month's sticker weapon skins for Halo 5 but it's still a nice treat for the Loot Crate subscribers!
They look nice.

I don't twitter, so none for me.
They look nice.

You couldn't create an account for one match against an AI?
They look nice.

I am quit literally afraid of twitter. I don't understand it, and I don't want to.
Is there any way to still get them? );
Is there any way to still get them? );
You can buy the Banished crate through the Loot Vault for $65 USD but there's no way to unlock the UNSC skin anymore unless they make a new way to get the skin or re-activate the Twitter event.
Remember that "green" UNSC camo skin you got from the Twitter Halo Wars event back in January? And how on launch you couldn't find any way to access the damn things? Well it seems you can finally use them! Simply load up the game and go to Options & Extras. From there, go to the games section and scroll down. You'll see two options to turn on the custom skins; one for the UNSC,and another for the Banished. Why the Banished? Well that's because those who subscribed to the Halo Loot crate got an exclusive 'Pearl White' skin for the Banished Wraith and Blisterback!

The UNSC skins aren't green at all, rather they give a camo skin to the units. It even affects the pelicans that drop off structures and stuff!The Pearl White Banished skin gives the Wraith and Blisterback a much shinier look compared to the other units. It's kind of lackluster compared to last month's sticker weapon skins for Halo 5 but it's still a nice treat for the Loot Crate subscribers!
The UNSC Skins don't look that great in my opinion, I actually really like the Banished Skin though. Shame it's Loot Crate only. I assume the Pearl White only works on Wraiths and Blisterbacks? Ghosts aren't affected?
xS415x wrote:

The UNSC skins aren't green at all, rather they give a camo skin to the units. It even affects the pelicans that drop off structures and stuff!The Pearl White Banished skin gives the Wraith and Blisterback a much shinier look compared to the other units. It's kind of lackluster compared to last month's sticker weapon skins for Halo 5 but it's still a nice treat for the Loot Crate subscribers!
The UNSC Skins don't look that great in my opinion, I actually really like the Banished Skin though. Shame it's Loot Crate only. I assume the Pearl White only works on Wraiths and Blisterbacks? Ghosts aren't affected?
Correct, ghosts, banshees, and other Banished units are not affected by this skin.
They look nice.

I am quit literally afraid of twitter. I don't understand it, and I don't want to.
I might might have a spare code for the UNSC skin because I played it on an alternate account. No idea if I redeemed it or not, you could give it a shot though?
xS415x wrote:
Correct, ghosts, banshees, and other Banished units are not affected by this skin.
Yeah, that's pretty disappointing then, guess the UNSC is a better design if it covers all units. Need to get in game later today to check it out.
They look nice.

I might might have a spare code for the UNSC skin because I played it on an alternate account. No idea if I redeemed it or not, you could give it a shot though?
Thanks, but no worries. Give it to a deserving person.

This is just me being stubborn.
Huh... I was impatient so just check my Halo Wars 2 on Xbox One, no option to enable my UNSC Camo Skin... Haven't noticed any updates for Halo Wars 2 either. Strange...

Is this the right screen? Maybe it's PC only right now?
I'm on Xbox and I can't use it, what should I do?????
xS415x wrote:
Huh... I was impatient so just check my Halo Wars 2 on Xbox One, no option to enable my UNSC Camo Skin... Haven't noticed any updates for Halo Wars 2 either. Strange...

I'm on Xbox and was able to use it. I wonder why it's only activating for some? Surely the Banished skins can't be the 'key' to unlocking this, right?
xS415x wrote:

I'm on Xbox and was able to use it. I wonder why it's only activating for some? Surely the Banished skins can't be the 'key' to unlocking this, right?
If you have to have the Banished Skin to use the UNSC Skin, well, that's beyond ridiculous. I'm guessing your right though, someone probably put an "AND" instead of an "OR" in the code.
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

If you have to have the Banished Skin to use the UNSC Skin, well, that's beyond ridiculous. I'm guessing your right though, someone probably put an "AND" instead of an "OR" in the code.
I've reached out to Unyshek, Grim, and Ske7ch on Twitter asking them about it. No idea if or when they'll respond.

Grim has responded and will look into it tomorrow. Turns out the redemption of the Banished skins could be linked to all of this.
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

I've reached out to Unyshek, Grim, and Ske7ch on Twitter asking them about it. No idea if or when they'll respond.

Grim has responded and will look into it tomorrow. Turns out the redemption of the Banished skins could be linked to all of this.
Oh, it will be. Like I said, someone will have put an "AND" in stead of an "OR", so the skin options only show if you have both.
I have them both, so yay!
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:

Yea I noticed that the pearl paint job pack was titled Custom Paint jobs. And didn't specify that it was just for the banished
They look nice.

I wild LOVE if you could hook me up please and thank you!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3