OP Viper Skills

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
Good afternoon,

Feel free to leave your feedback on the Yappening weekend event. What do you like? Dislike? What would you change?

Please keep it constructive and polite. Thanks!
I'd love for the Yappening to remain as a optional game mode. I see it as a Super Fiesta of HW2, additionally it's much more fun that Strongholds or Domination
I enjoyed the craziness that came with the event, but hate that we are forced to play it. I would enjoy a separate playlist, setting in customs, etc for the future.
I'd definitely like it if some of the things were fully implemented in the regular game. Mainly the Frost Hogs (with a new model and upgrade options), Boomerang squad as Cutter's hero (with upgrade options and fixed name, image, and description), and Banished Raid being compacted into 2 points instead of 3.
Would say it's been quite enjoyable and would love to have it kept as a gametype for customs. Also not sure if this idea is possible, but I think the Yappening would work well to play-test any future updates in the game before being fully rolled out to the game proper. We already have the often requested Shipmaster's BR brought down to two instead of 3 which would work well.

Why not use it for other update/wishlist ideas?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Would say it's been quite enjoyable and would love to have it kept as a gametype for customs. The only thing I have disliked has been that thus far it sadly makes terminus firefight unplayable. Also not sure if this idea is possible, but I think the Yappening would work well to play-test any future updates in the game before being fully rolled out to the game proper. We already have the often requested Shipmaster's BR brought down to two instead of 3 which would work well.

We just released a hotfix that hopefully improves the Terminus Firefight experience for players during the event.
Wrensi wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Would say it's been quite enjoyable and would love to have it kept as a gametype for customs. The only thing I have disliked has been that thus far it sadly makes terminus firefight unplayable. Also not sure if this idea is possible, but I think the Yappening would work well to play-test any future updates in the game before being fully rolled out to the game proper. We already have the often requested Shipmaster's BR brought down to two instead of 3 which would work well.

We just released a hotfix that hopefully improves the Terminus Firefight experience for players during the event.
Thank you, I noticed that post and edited my post to properly reflect that.
The Yappening is great because it provides a proof of concept for a lot of community suggestions that have been floating around (Raid to 2 points, Colony Teleport, Cutter hero unit as Boomerang squad, etc.). And it is nice a change of pace.

BUT I really hope that IF this game mode is added, that the devs do not simply slap together a bunch of new game objects and limit them to the Yappening game mode. I would hope that the devs add in the Yappening by creating more custom game mode settings that allow players to change the following:
  • Unit supply/power costs, build time, health, dps
  • Base level requirements for units (Sniper to T2 and Gale to T1)
  • Building health
  • Supply Pad and Generator gather rates
  • Power nodes gather rates
  • Leader power cool downs and costs
  • Rate that you receive Leader points
  • Starting armies
  • Starting population caps
Personally, I am against adding the Yappening game mode if we do not receive at least some of these additional options in customs.
Besides some ubsurd things with leader powers and other things..I actually really like it. Units do what the should...upgrades definetly do what they should. I’m playing a lot of low level players since it is mostly placement matches, but I’m sure the upper echelon players can find things to exploit if it were to drag on like this. For the most part, I really like it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
lol, that made me laugh.

how about something constructive
Really don`t like it. Can`t play the Online modes I want. Hope that stupid "experiment" will go for ever...
Question for other players:

What are some decent RTS games to try for Xbox while we wait this experiment Out?

Yappening was fun for a couple games, but not all weekend.
Good afternoon,

Feel free to leave your feedback on the Yappening weekend event. What do you like? Dislike? What would you change?

Please keep it constructive and polite. Thanks!
I love the event but shipmaster having a two point banished raid isn’t enough like most of the other leaders have something crazy and fun while he got the short end of the stick and also the mode should be optional as what if I want to play normal halo wars 2 and don’t want to wait also shield generators should only cost supplies
I hate it. This is not the game I bought and I hate I'm forced to play it.
Wrensi wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

What was going through your head when you made this mode mandatory?
Loving the event, find the newer players are really struggling with how sheer aggressive you need to be in the first 5 minutes, whoever controls the nodes early wins the game, seeing a lot of players still trying to turtle.

One real annoyance is super units, yes they cost a ridiculous amount but the scarab in particular is basically unkillable - just played a game where we had 2 x 120 pop armies fighting off a single scarab and losing.

Seeing a lot of people playing in teams and boosting one of thier team to pump out 2 super units. Finding that very annoying.

Yapyaps 6 x heros early on is difficult to deal with

cutters 12 o'clock ability is overly broken, you can sent a scout and drop it on a base and it strips the entire base, similar to paviums level 3, 6 o'clock beam in regular mode.

Speaking of pavium - still requires power for mega turrets :(

no power cost for anti air has stopped hornet and banshee spam in 3v3s , normally you see it every other game, it's great to not have to need 3000 power to counter an army that can be built cheaply on supplies only .
I enjoy it so far.things that I think should stay
Frost hogs
Kinsano fire siege turrets
Decimus damage and health buff
Building health increase
Larger scatterbomb
Wrensi wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

What was going through your head when you made this mode mandatory?
It's only this weekend,maybe they update things down the line,but this isn't permanent
pretty trash gamemode.
heres my list of improvements:
Remove domination and strongholds and blitz altogether.
condors/scarabs are unkillable. wtf do I kill them with? they also are the only way to kill bases which is dumb.
having certain units that are only allowed to do base damage is dumb. it limits a players choice of harassment and limits a lot of ways to possibly get ahead. in essence it limits gameplay options.
Johnson didn't get much, poor guy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7