The Yappening is great because it provides a proof of concept for a lot of community suggestions that have been floating around (Raid to 2 points, Colony Teleport, Cutter hero unit as Boomerang squad, etc.). And it is nice a change of pace.
BUT I really hope that IF this game mode is added, that the devs do not simply slap together a bunch of new game objects and limit them to the Yappening game mode. I would hope that the devs add in the Yappening by creating more custom game mode settings that allow players to change the following:
- Unit supply/power costs, build time, health, dps
- Base level requirements for units (Sniper to T2 and Gale to T1)
- Building health
- Supply Pad and Generator gather rates
- Power nodes gather rates
- Leader power cool downs and costs
- Rate that you receive Leader points
- Starting armies
- Starting population caps
Personally, I am against adding the Yappening game mode if we do not receive at least some of these additional options in customs.