3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
pretty trash gamemode.
heres my list of improvements:
Remove domination and strongholds and blitz altogether.
condors/scarabs are unkillable. wtf do I kill them with? they also are the only way to kill bases which is dumb.
having certain units that are only allowed to do base damage is dumb. it limits a players choice of harassment and limits a lot of ways to possibly get ahead. in essence it limits gameplay options.
Johnson didn't get much, poor guy.
I haven't encountered any of these problems and still havent made a super unit this weekend, bases with certain units. are melting like butter.
Also have you not tried johnsons mantis? they are now OP the speed of digging in cooling down turret drop meant i was able to have 4 seige drop turrets on the screen at the same time, this allowed me to stun enemy units over and over again.

these are just some examples, mess around with other units and see for yourself
I want to keep it as a separate playlist. Some changes such as operation spearbreaker odsts replacing spartan Jerome, Kinsano kodiaks, larger ranger and hell bringer squad and enduring salvo buff should be kept as default in all game modes. The glitch that locks dlc Phoenix logs hasn't been fixed yet.
I love the game mode however I really hate the way that was implemented. There is So much potential though with having a go nuts playlist in hw2. For one I feel like some of these crazy ideas added to the game type might even make it into the full game. If only it could be split up so that we could choose to play the standard modes as well then this would be a great event.
REDACTED
Enzym3 wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
pretty trash gamemode.
heres my list of improvements:
Remove domination and strongholds and blitz altogether.
condors/scarabs are unkillable. wtf do I kill them with? they also are the only way to kill bases which is dumb.
having certain units that are only allowed to do base damage is dumb. it limits a players choice of harassment and limits a lot of ways to possibly get ahead. in essence it limits gameplay options.
Johnson didn't get much, poor guy.
I haven't encountered any of these problems and still havent made a super unit this weekend, bases with certain units. are melting like butter.
Also have you not tried johnsons mantis? they are now OP the speed of digging in cooling down turret drop meant i was able to have 4 seige drop turrets on the screen at the same time, this allowed me to stun enemy units over and over again.

these are just some examples, mess around with other units and see for yourself
please tell me what units you are making. flamers and marines only kill pads not bases.
johnsons leader was never changed and mantis are nothing new.
I LOVE the new gamemode(Good job 343 on that) and though I'm enjoying and will be sad too see it leave at the end of the weekend I don't like how you are foced to play it. I know many others have said this, but I feel that you should have the normal gamemodes then have yapper's gamemode. Other than that I can't complain as today has been a blast playing halo wars, however it would be better if I could actually win(lol) and had friends who play this game.
I think it’s a good game mode as an extra game mode that should stay in the game but I think it should be further expanded and the fact that condors and scarabs are too over powered is a little annoying since the only way to really kill them is make one of your own and it seems like the game revolves around super units since bases take much longer to destroy even with a full army and they get instantly destroyed by super units
R00KIE GUY wrote:
I hate it. This is not the game I bought and I hate I'm forced to play it.
Oh BooHoo. Seriously.
It's a game mode where you sit back and relax, enjoying how ridiculously OP everything is.
Oh no! I'm forced to play it. Yeah?? and?. You don't even need to change your play style that much at all. Just capture the powernodes and you'll be fine.
Oddly enough I like what it does. The game is played by T1 then T2 then T3, how it should be normally.
My feedback has nothing to do with the game mode itself. In fact, I think custom game modes are a great idea, and I love the intent.

That being said, this never should have replaced the existing playlist. Removing the other game modes, albeit for a single weekend, was incredibly inconsiderate. I mean, can you imagine Blizzard doing this for SC2? There would be riots.

I find it hard to believe that you did not foresee people being upset by this. Which means that you did it anyway, knowing full well how it would make some of us feel. That seems very foolish to me, but unless someone from 343 addresses these complaints and provides a reason for this decision, this is what I must assume.

It all leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. It's a shame I even have to provide this feedback. I still haven't decided whether or not come Monday I will be playing Halo Wars 2.
My feedback has nothing to do with the game mode itself. In fact, I think custom game modes are a great idea, and I love the intent.

That being said, this never should have replaced the existing playlist. Removing the other game modes, albeit for a single weekend, was incredibly inconsiderate. I mean, can you imagine Blizzard doing this for SC2? There would be riots.

I find it hard to believe that you did not foresee people being upset by this. Which means that you did it anyway, knowing full well how it would make some of us feel. That seems very foolish to me, but unless someone from 343 addresses these complaints and provides a reason for this decision, this is what I must assume.

It all leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. It's a shame I even have to provide this feedback. I still haven't decided whether or not come Monday I will be playing Halo Wars 2.
Could be possible they couldn't make it into a single gametype yet by the due date of the release. Or it could go into the event's plot that Yapyap was who screwed it over badly and 343 fighting to force him into a specific gametype.
R00KIE GUY wrote:
Oh BooHoo. Seriously.
It's a game mode where you sit back and relax, enjoying how ridiculously OP everything is.
Oh no! I'm forced to play it. Yeah?? and?. You don't even need to change your play style that much at all. Just capture the powernodes and you'll be fine.
Oddly enough I like what it does. The game is played by T1 then T2 then T3, how it should be normally.
You ever think that maybe people think or feel differently than you? The guy is posting his feedback on a feedback thread, and you feel the need to mock him. Pathetic.
I recently got this game for my One. Loving it so far.

I happen to dip my toes in matchmaking for the first time when this event goes live. First game ever. Things go well. I eventually get 2 Scarabs. Allies and I making a final push to eradicate as many bases as we can with our bugs and birds.

Game crashes. Is this a common occurrence?
Its fun, but needs some balance tweaks. Super units are near unkillalbe due to fast regen, bases can be healed faster than they can be destoryed, you shouldn't have to build a super unit to kill them.

I think those are the main issues really, maybe some more love for some more leaders, but those are my main issues.
Easter 🐣 eggs 🥚 are good... keep yapping yappers !
I think they should of kept the regular playlists as well. I honestly didn't have fun. Games take forever and I kind of just want to play regular deathmatch. I am definitely not playing Halo Wars 2 anymore until they end this playlist, or when they add the other game modes back. They should of just added it as a separate playlist and not remove them all and keep these. The idea is cool and all, but not everyone has fun or wishes to play it all the time.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
BigDanBox wrote:
R00KIE GUY wrote:
Maybe you should read the first post again.
Good afternoon,

Feel free to leave your feedback on the Yappening weekend event. What do you like? Dislike? What would you change?

Please keep it constructive and polite. Thanks!
Defintly loved all of cutters changes except for his mega. Haven't tried any of the others but giving colony teleport is what I've wanted for a while, may have drawbacks with that though, I loved the kisanos effects but another player mentioned this would just be a better voridus, ship masters raid needs to stay to pit him back in the game again
BigDanBox wrote:
R00KIE GUY wrote:
Oh yea cause ''hate it hate it hate it'' was some real constructive feedback
Anyone fought an arbiter lately? I’m all for turtling don’t get me wrong. But when you have no units, no harvesters and no turrets but can stasis your base infinitely to drag a game on. Leader powers need to cost something to use.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7