3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
The Ugly
1. The ONLY thing I am going to mention in this section, and the one reason why I may never want to see another event again: the complete removal of all other playlists. If the cost of having a fun event like this means I am not going to be able to play the modes that I love the most, I would rather just not have any more events at all. This is opinion based, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who would love to have a crazy game mode for one weekend a month, but I don't think removing game modes should be an option.
You have a lot of good points but I think ill just keep my comment to this one. There are a lot of reasons as to why this game mode was implemented. It tested new gameplay mechanics as well as allowed the devs to test what was in their power to change within the game. I know that it can be frustrating but I think a lot of good is going to come out of the data that they got from the playlist and I'm sure they are thankful for you to participate. Unfortunately, science needs large sample sizes. Rest assured that the game mode will return in all its glory and know that there are a lot more exciting changes to happen down the road because of what everyone learned during this event.
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS forcing me to play this all weekend simply forced me to play other games. i was gonna play halo wars all weekend im new to it and im still learning how to play,i do not want to learn with this crap and you dont even give us a option,its simply no here you go! trying to be cute with this yap yap stuff!! like seriously get it together, its not cute, its annoying we buy this game to play it the way its sold,if you want to add stuff..add it but do not FORCE IT ON US like seriously,what a great game to be ruined all weekend thanks alot ,NEVER DO THIS AGAIN
Firefight is also now really hard to play, No income of Power, only 1 from the base. It's so damn annoying, they should of just made it a playlist instead of affecting the entire game. I quit Halo Wars 2 for the weekend because of this issue with no other playlists to play and the event playlist not being fun. I decide to try firefight, and hope that nothing was changed on it. But of course they changed it as well. It was so hard because I wouldn't get any Power to upgrade my base. I had to move around the entire map just to find Power and I would get overun very quickly. Honest;y, if they are going to make something like this again, DO NOT do this to the entire game, just make it it's own playlist and don't touch the other gametypes with this monstrosity. Thank God that it's over tomorrow.
THEWALL766 wrote:
The Ugly
1. The ONLY thing I am going to mention in this section, and the one reason why I may never want to see another event again: the complete removal of all other playlists. If the cost of having a fun event like this means I am not going to be able to play the modes that I love the most, I would rather just not have any more events at all. This is opinion based, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who would love to have a crazy game mode for one weekend a month, but I don't think removing game modes should be an option.
You have a lot of good points but I think ill just keep my comment to this one. There are a lot of reasons as to why this game mode was implemented. It tested new gameplay mechanics as well as allowed the devs to test what was in their power to change within the game. I know that it can be frustrating but I think a lot of good is going to come out of the data that they got from the playlist and I'm sure they are thankful for you to participate. Unfortunately, science needs large sample sizes. Rest assured that the game mode will return in all its glory and know that there are a lot more exciting changes to happen down the road because of what everyone learned during this event.
The Issue is that it was forced, that changes the entire tone of the conversation because the question becomes: If they are willing to force this, what will they force next? Do they even care about our feedback? Do they even care about the investment we put in? Do they care about our plans and how those plans arise from each player's life circumstances? Microsoft has a problem with forcing customers to do things, because lets face it, they're a monopoly. I don't want to be forced to do anything, especially when i paid, quite a lot, for a game concept that has been a bit precarious from the start. I, for example, use this game as a way of connecting with my brother across vast distances in a way we normally cannot because it's slow enough that we can easily hold a conversation while coordinating to win, something we can't do in COD-paced halo-5 or while trying to beat a war-zone spawn camp. This weekend that didn't happen, because quite honestly it wore on us after game 3 and there were no other options. I'll be going out of town for a few weeks in a couple days, which means we won't play again till May. what should have been a nice send-off weekend was cut short because stuff had to yappen apparently, and i'm sure there are others who feel exactly the same.
This was such a crazy surprise to see. I had a lot of fun with this. Certainly funner than StrongHolds or whatever the other modes were called.

I particularly love the idea of changing Cutter's Hero. It just makes more sense. But I can't believe Sgt. Johnson didn't get a Scarab instead of a Condor!
I love no generator system of YAPPENING WARS.
I had a lot of fun with it (though I had limited time to play), I like the faster pacing and craziness. Would love if this could be a separate option and if you'd do similar stuff in the future.
Thanks!
The salt for this game mode is disturbing... I had fun all weekend. As a someone who has been playing since beta (almost everyday since then) this game mode was a refreshing change. Other people understand that this was a April fool's thing right?
Right?... You get that... Right?

You get that....

Right?

OH NO! 343i completely ruined my weekend by removing the competitive mode and making me have fun and adapted to a new game mode. God forbid I have to think up a new strategy or game plan! I WANT MORE OF THE SAME ALWAYS! HOW DARE YOU DISRUPT MY MONOTONY!

That's you... That's what you sounds like...

Anyways, great job 343i! This was super fun and over the top! Please keep this mode around and tweek it. Having a completely overpowered and over the top game is really fun. Every hero had a completely ridiculous overpowered way to wreck and destroy and that was super fun thanks guys!

PS sorry for my salt but parts of this community really grind my gears...
I feel like it has it's place but I really would appreciate being able to choose whether I want to participate. I'm much more receptive to stuff like this when I can choose when I want to play it.
DougieBone wrote:
The salt for this game mode is disturbing... I had fun all weekend. As a someone who has been playing since beta (almost everyday since then) this game mode was a refreshing change. Other people understand that this was a April fool's thing right?

You get that....

Right?

OH NO! 343i completely ruined my weekend by removing the competitive mode and making me have fun and adapted to a new game mode. God forbid I have to think up a new strategy or game plan! I WANT MORE OF THE SAME ALWAYS! HOW DARE YOU DISRUPT MY MONOTONY!

Anyways, great job 343i! This was super fun and over the top! Please keep this mode around and tweek it. Having a completely overpowered and over the top game is really fun. Every hero had a completely ridiculous overpowered way to wreck and destroy and that was super fun thanks guys!

I had fun for a handful of games before I decided I would rather do work on the weekend than persist in this game mode. You might not have had to deal much with competent Arbiter or Pavium shenanigans, but it sucks up a lot of time and makes those really long games not fun. Leader choice mattered more in this patch than it did normally.

Anyhow, I think the issue people had with it was the inability to go back to playing normally after messing around with this game mode. Yes, it was temporary. Yes, it was meant to be silly without concern for balance. I appreciate all of that. I appreciated reducing Shipmaster's Raid from 3 to 2 points (and I hope they implement that in a real patch as soon as feasible).

But many people did not enjoy this mode, and they had no other option. It was play this mode or don't play this game. Twitch streaming volume seemed a lot lower this weekend as well, and I can't blame the streamers. They all played for a brief amount of time, people figured out the Arbiter can't lose (and Pavium is near unbeatable as well), and fun quickly evaporated.

I appreciated having to adjust strategy and think out how I was going to race to be the first to get a super unit on the field, or be the first to get the right combination of units and leader power to wreck an enemy base first, but beyond the time it took to adjust, it was just not that enjoyable to me. The spectacle was fun for a very brief time for me, and I'm glad it was ending.
Keep Kinsanos Kodiaks and Siege Turrets leaving fire.
Dang, was away for Easter so I missed it!^^'

Still, feels weird that it was an all-around setting instead of a special mode. Can see why not everyone was happy with that decision - even if personally I love crazy stuff like this! In fact I would love to see it as a fiesta setting for firefight and maybe as a 2v2 social playlist. Loved the idea! Good work CA and 343i, when it comes to HW2 you're doing an amazing job so far! :)
Badass2790 wrote:
DougieBone wrote:

You get that....

Right?

I had fun for a handful of games before I decided I would rather do work on the weekend than persist in this game mode. You might not have had to deal much with competent Arbiter or Pavium shenanigans, but it sucks up a lot of time and makes those really long games not fun. Leader choice mattered more in this patch than it did normally.

Anyhow, I think the issue people had with it was the inability to go back to playing normally after messing around with this game mode. Yes, it was temporary. Yes, it was meant to be silly without concern for balance. I appreciate all of that. I appreciated reducing Shipmaster's Raid from 3 to 2 points (and I hope they implement that in a real patch as soon as feasible).

But many people did not enjoy this mode, and they had no other option. It was play this mode or don't play this game. Twitch streaming volume seemed a lot lower this weekend as well, and I can't blame the streamers. They all played for a brief amount of time, people figured out the Arbiter can't lose (and Pavium is near unbeatable as well), and fun quickly evaporated.

I appreciated having to adjust strategy and think out how I was going to race to be the first to get a super unit on the field, or be the first to get the right combination of units and leader power to wreck an enemy base first, but beyond the time it took to adjust, it was just not that enjoyable to me. The spectacle was fun for a very brief time for me, and I'm glad it was ending.
I appreciate your reasonable view points and I understand. Sorry for being salty.

For me, this weekend was a good reset. I think most people (who continued to play) will find a better appreciation for the new patch. No one got to put in that last match with the current overpowered leader and the old meta will have been just slightly forgotten or at least not yesterday fresh. I'm going into this new patch with fresh hands. I viewed this weekend like a pallet cleanse (Ginger to sushi). I think every patch could have used this set up. Everyone knows the last weekend/days of the season is nothing but OP Rank Farmers. People who play the known OP strat to rank up quick before the reset. No one got to do that this time. Everyone will go into the new season mostly fresh, and that excites me.
No thanks never do it again it was trash
i don't see how more people don't recognize this for what it is. RTS games are tough to learn, our community is savage. So they made it noob friendly for a weekend to get their playerbase numbers up so corporate was happy. I swear to god if this ever happens again in another Halo Wars game, I'm leaving the franchise forever. It's not that I'm that upset about it being the whole weekend, I just played a bunch of PUBG.

The reason I am upset is because this is clearly a move by developers to see how noob friendly they can make this game, whilst keeping the hardcore playerbase entertained enough to keep playing. Let's face it most hardcores here will never put it down, so your tolerance level for 343's -Yoink- is too high.

Mark my words this is not the end of their Shenanigans, lest you forget how routinely they made DLC leaders so OP you were at a disadvantage for a while if you didn't buy them. Don't let them take this game and make it so arcade like there's hardly any tactical skill left... When leader powers determine the outcome of a game, why build units....?
The yappening needs to return.
Personally, I think the event was a welcome mix up for Halo Wars 2. I would love it if the gamemode stuck around casually and competitivly. I also think that some of the changes made in the Yappening should become flushed out permanent changes such as Cutter's hero being the spearbreaker squad and Serina having frost hogs. I would also like the option to customize unit appearances (as seen in the Yappening) but that's something that I'd personally like.
Are the frost hogs still called flame hogs?
Was crazy fun. but again like others have said not being forced would be good. But I liked the experience. Some changes were quite nice. Little things like cutter getting a hero odst instead of jerome felt RIGHT since he is his own leader and hero. I think that should be a permanent change, but as for the idea of fast abilities and all the mayham? Yes I'd love for these types of options to be a permanent choice or allow us to customize the craziness.
The Yappening was a game mode I thoroughly enjoyed, and I did like some of the changes that were definitely needed such as the enduring salvo and scatter bombs. I also did like Isabel’s MAC being able to hit multiple times, it felt like a throwback to Halo Wars 1. The elite rangers needed to have more elites in the squad because before they weren’t able to compete with snipers well, but now they dominate them in the early game and are equal towards the mid-late game. I would keep many of the changes the developers did with some of the other leaders as well, however I didn’t enjoy the condors and scarabs being mostly unkillable. For example, I just built one super unit and I just had to send it in and watch as it tore threw full max pop armies that were either anti-air for condors and anti-vehicles for scarabs and see them decimate them. Also if it was low on health, I just pop a heal or siphon and it’s back to full health again. All in all I would like to see this as a separate game mode you can play online and in custom games, and I would hopefully like to see us being able to modify some changes such as damage, health, armor, speed, cost, tech level, and leader powers. I do, however, have a feeling this might also be an April Fools prank the developers did, and I will say, that was a pretty good prank, and somewhat unique.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7