3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
DougieBone wrote:
Badass2790 wrote:
DougieBone wrote:
I appreciate your reasonable view points and I understand. Sorry for being salty.

For me, this weekend was a good reset. I think most people (who continued to play) will find a better appreciation for the new patch. No one got to put in that last match with the current overpowered leader and the old meta will have been just slightly forgotten or at least not yesterday fresh. I'm going into this new patch with fresh hands. I viewed this weekend like a pallet cleanse (Ginger to sushi). I think every patch could have used this set up. Everyone knows the last weekend/days of the season is nothing but OP Rank Farmers. People who play the known OP strat to rank up quick before the reset. No one got to do that this time. Everyone will go into the new season mostly fresh, and that excites me.
I can definitely understand that. I saw some initial impressions on Arbiter's heal on CoR being much more reasonable now. I have no idea if he will still sit as the undisputed top leader for 1v1 play, and I don't know how much the rest of the meta has shaken up. But I do think there has been much less of a direct comparison between the previous serious patch and this one. That might permit a nice amount of innovation or entertaining options that were previously assumed not to be worth the time to explore.
The Yappening was a really interesting Event. What was Entertaining was Shipmasters Hero "Honor Guard" Demolishing Buildings with ease, Also The Cleansing Beam (yes I know it's Glassing Beam, I'm a Halo wars 1 player too. Also thanks for Making the Glassing Beam more Potent during April Patch too) I like how it was set up during the Event, Rather Controlling it for a bit, Put 3 mark locations on the Situation That the Beam Follows the Mark Location, In my opinion useful when the Units are trying to scatter around than Trying to follow a small group. The Sad part about it, It felt like the AI are controlling the beam manually than what it use for the Event. Nothing much about Disliking the Event. even though It felt like "Cancer" in couple of Matches but fun.
Thanks for the Event
Good afternoon,

Feel free to leave your feedback on the Yappening weekend event. What do you like? Dislike? What would you change?

Please keep it constructive and polite. Thanks!
Also, I freaking loved the fact that I could use all these abilities during the campaign. I wish we could revisit that, and be able to play the whole campaign in the Yappening mode. Any chance of that making a return? Because I always enjoy going back into the campaign and it gives a reason, and a really fun way to attack legendary with crazy hard skulls on, and still see how you fair. That's what I regret I didn't get more time to experience.
the whole event is how halo wars 2 should have been at launch (except for the rainbow lasers). i'm also in love with yap yap's 6 grunt goblins, with only 3 on the field they can be very underwhelming 6 makes it feel a lot more smooth. i also like the starting armys, just incase someone tries to rush you it can be countered if you play your cards right (not referring to blitz mode). it felt a lot like the original halo wars but you knew it was still the second because of the leader powers and the leaders themselves. overall the update was a nice change of pace and a lot of the things in it should stay
bring it back.
This game type was a riot, i loved it. Omega team’s animation when selected was phenomenal as well.
Please please please! Make this a permanent playlist!!!! Or at the very least a playlist that shows up every weekend!
I'd love for the Yappening to remain as a optional game mode. I see it as a Super Fiesta of HW2, additionally it's much more fun that Strongholds or Domination
Make a petition.
Yes make the Yap, Yapyap and Yapyapyap back again !!!!!!
The only thing that my friends and I enjoyed about The Yappening is that we finally got to use blitz only units in regular combat modes. Everything else seemed a bit drastic, such as making us control power points as our only source power. felt too objective based in Skirmish. No thanks.
ShanShyuum wrote:
I'd love for the Yappening to remain as a optional game mode. I see it as a Super Fiesta of HW2, additionally it's much more fun that Strongholds or Domination
Make a petition.
Petitions aren't allowed on Waypoint
Add the yappening has a new game mode.
me and my friend had a nice scorpion blast,but it was removed?.i think the yapening should be a separate game mode.my opinion is one of many
A lot of comments from people who can't handle a joke event . . . for just a single weekend. Jeeze!

It was a lot of fun if you ask me, and kudos to the dev team for putting the effort into doing it. I think leaving it as a customs playlist is a good idea, but I don't think it needs to be taken any further than that.

There were some good ideas in the yappening like frost hogs and cutter hero. But best focus on balancing the game we have ... cleansing beam is almost (dare I say it?) the new 300% forge hog.
For me is my friend liked it as a mode... Why don't you leave her
The best mode of the game!!!
Please make this a permanent playlist!!!!
I absolutely love the event and would love to see more of these in the future permanently add in a playlist where after there's a few events it randomly picks between them.
We need this to be permanent, not replace DM, but as its own game mode.
Enjoyed the yappening alot despite colony scarabs being borderline unstoppable the new style of aggression in the early game was a welcome change of pace as it was absolutely essential to battle for the power nodes early on which gave the gameplay a domination style approach.

I would like to see this become a separate game mode in the future or a perhaps a bi monthly weekend event.

Also it serves as a testing ground for balance changes and ideas for the games future content
the reason i loved the yappining was because it brought the micromanegement from blitz and the macro from 3v3 into a game mode so fun, i love fighting over nodes. i love how 1 marine squad can be a game changer, those close intense battles are why i fell in love with rts games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7