Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

The Yappening Wishlist!

OP nuchey

Since it's looking like The Yappening will be a permanent game mode available to us in customs games and maybe even its own playlist let's come up with an official wishlist of changes/additions we'd like to see! Also a huge thank you to Postums, Wrensi, and anyone else who had a hand in creating this unique game mode!

1.) Controller Sentinels for Anders!
Spoiler:
Show
2.) Honor Guard Army!
Spoiler:
Show
3.) Remove Generators
Spoiler:
Show
4.) Methane Scarab!
Spoiler:
Show
5.) Make the Goblin Y ability come back less often
Spoiler:
Show
6.) Give Cyclops a Jetpack!
Spoiler:
Show
7.) Make colony's wall endless!
Spoiler:
Show
Well that's all I can think of for right now, I'm curious to hear your suggestions though! I will update the OP with any suggestions that seem particularly awesome!
Create a Party Mode for TFF that has Yappening options and can be played in customs, this disabling leaderboards. And give back power generation for this mode! TFF is unplayable without giving yourself starting energy. The energy crates are even disabled!
I'm not going to quote cause there's too much but I have a couple of responses and suggestions of my own.

2.) No full army of honors guards with cloak plz would destroy too much without detect, 1 I would be okay with making all his upgrades availible at tier 1 otherwise he will shred everything with no detect and with an army of grunts by his side he would be unkilliable especially with how map control is everything.

3.) I gotta agree that gens are in an odd place, apart from the higher HP I don't know what they do. However, if they have a seperate production curve to supply pads i.e. builing extra supply pads doesn't decrease the number of supplies generated then keep them in as that would add some reason to build them. I don't know if they have a seperate supply curve (has anyone tested it?) and if they don't I htink htis would be a better change than terying to remove them entirely (which I also assume is harder idk how they are designed).

8.) Give banished bases back. Tech 2 having no health is a glitch I assume PLZ fix.

9.) buff Johnson's bunkers, these things need some love in the health and possibly storage department.

10.) too many powers don't do enough damage, I understand there are a ton and that actually balancing them is a struggle but either some powers need to be toned down or everything needs to be OP.

That's all from me, tbh I would rather they not put much more time into this as I think there is still a heck of a lot needed on the main playlists as that should be by far the main priority.
I'd rather the Dev's spend time on actually balancing the actual play lists that have been out a year instead of wasting time 'perfecting' a broken game mode. They can do this when they finally fix the real game.
It is nit a broken game mode. It takes skill to win.
I'm not going to quote cause there's too much but I have a couple of responses and suggestions of my own.

2.) No full army of honors guards with cloak plz would destroy too much without detect, 1 I would be okay with making all his upgrades availible at tier 1 otherwise he will shred everything with no detect and with an army of grunts by his side he would be unkilliable especially with how map control is everything.

As I said in the OP, the honor guard would be in its Tier 1 state and not have any upgrades. With low health and a shorter Y ability if necessary it would be no different than fighting an army of Jetpack brutes or Goliaths.
L1am Wh1te wrote:
I'd rather the Dev's spend time on actually balancing the actual play lists that have been out a year instead of wasting time 'perfecting' a broken game mode. They can do this when they finally fix the real game.
Well the Devs managed to create The Yappening while balancing the game so I don't think you know what you're talking about. Have you seen the balance patch we are getting Monday? It's looking like the game will be the most balanced it's ever been; and they did it all while make this new game mode. Don't underestimate their power lol
I wanna see more things be put on Steroids in this mode. And make Grizzlies 5 pop for true fear.
Ok, well they need to put Max Vet up to 10 :)
Population per unit returns to Halo Wars 1 metrics.
We have a pop cap of 120, Let's not artificially inflate the pop cost of units in response.

Also, Anders' Controller Sentinel should replace the Condor as her uber unit. Retriever Sentinel remains as a calldown, maybe damage is buffed in return for modification into a timed unit (eg. only available for a minute before flying off again, cooldown timer increased as well).

EDIT: Power and Control Nodes gain the ability to summon Sentinel defenders (with the chance to include a Protector in a wave) aligned with the team that controls said node to either slow down or otherwise interfere with the enemy force attempting to capture it. The Sentinels summoned via this method are running pre-nerf damage characteristics (eg. remember how broken Protectors used to be?), but are not directly controlled by players.
Leader powers needed to be stronger during the yappening, with level 3 upgrades, powers didn't make a dent
I suggest buffing damage of all leader powers by 343%
nuchey wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Yes, just, yes. So beautiful, imagine it. Giant scarab methane farts.