Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Things you didn't know about halo wars 2!

OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
All swordsmen are holding plasma with their bare hands, since the handle doesn't have a different texture from the blade.

Warlord is a Reach chieftain unmasked, cannon fodder are heretic grunts

Yapyap's line while using "don't shoot me" is only triggered on the english version of the game.

Reavers' Jump does deal damage
nuchey wrote:
Anyone else know any rare things about the game?
1. Post Mission objectives explain exactly why you have to do and why the bonus objective was important.

2. The models change at the Armory, Garage, Barracks, and Airpad when you upgrade a unit.

3. When you destroy a base before the Condor or Lich arrives it will fly away instead.

4. Skitterers, Locust, Scarabs, Hunters, Living Barrier, and Goliaths are all made of the same stuff.

5. When the Grunt Goblin dies the Grunt tries to escape and gets crushed.

6. Spartans can leave vehicles created at their own bases without destroying it, enemy vehicles will explode instantly after leaving it.

7. All Banished leaders and units express disappointment when either killing a weak enemy or gathering supplies.
im a grunt riding a brute !!!
heres one, if you ghost in the machine and then combat salvage as isabel , you can take enemy unique units and gain permanent control of them, assuming they die in 13 seconds
or in the recent update, 20 seconds.
Here's one: by getting a clearer and closer look of the Grunt Squad through the main menu's background, you can see that the one Brute in the squad is nearly as short as the Grunts around him.

So the actual males appear in the books, we fight the females in the main games, and the babies are the ones featured in Halo Wars?
Wait so my theory was true? A while back I pitched to the community that wanted Halo Wars 2 to have more unit upgrades and one of them was having the scarabs's Stomp to damage to enemies! Since when! I don't remember that at all.

Also as to Johnson's Emp Blast, since when! Where did you find these, haha!
I gotta test these just in case you aren't pulling my leg.
All swordsmen are holding plasma with their bare hands, since the handle doesn't have a different texture from the blade.

Warlord is a Reach chieftain unmasked, cannon fodder are heretic grunts

Yapyap's line while using "don't shoot me" is only triggered on the english version of the game.

Reavers' Jump does deal damage
It also used to stun in the Beta. (Reavers)
ODSTs are wearing the original style armor from Halo 2, not the Halo 3+ style armor
Elite Rangers are called Jackals in the game files.
Warthog can ram through multiple grunts/marines if aimed well.
Scarab's beam will damage every one in it's path if aimed at units on the back.
When selected all units, pressing Y on the ground the odst's are first to use ability then nightingale then spartan then kodiak.
When pressing on enemy the spartan is always first then scorpion, odst, vulture
If you're playing skirmish as Johnson against the AI, with an army of all Colossus and seige turrets it's possible to 'farm' the enemy units without player interaction.

You can load up the Mastodon with a bunch of Hellbringers to create a roving super flamethrower vehicle, use snipers to knock out infantry from a distance, or cyclopses to knock out vehicles. But after this last patch, loading them with standard troops creates a vehicle that can take down air units much faster than a Wolverine or Reaver. There's a unit count difference, of course.

Placing a Kodiak on a higher surface gives it a longer range. It will attack enemies that are farther away, once they're visible to the player.

The AI knows the optimal distance for hiding a Vulture from a base's weapons. Watch it play a game, and it will camp the Vulture just outside of your visible area (and that of your turrets), while it continues to fire on you. It doesn't appear to 'test' the visible boundaries, it just seems to know them.
  1. Blisterback Annihilator Missiles used to go straight into the air off the screen then come down.
  2. On the Final Mission the two Brute Commanders are a Warlord and an Atroix Chosen (The first Chosen you ever fight in the game outside of Multiplayer)
  3. Marauders in the original Beta never shot two attacks, it was just one mortar that slowed you down.
  4. Each Grunt represents 343i and Bungie era art styles. Baseline Grunts have the Bungie era backpacks. Suicide Grunts have the 343i era facial designs. Cannon Fodder borrows the Heretic Grunt design from Halo 2. Grunt Heavy are also Bungie (Reach) era heavy grunts.
  1. Blisterback Annihilator Missiles used to go straight into the air off the screen then come down.
  2. On the Final Mission the two Brute Commanders are a Warlord and an Atroix Chosen (The first Chosen you ever fight in the game outside of Multiplayer)
  3. Marauders in the original Beta never shot two attacks, it was just one mortar that slowed you down.
  4. Each Grunt represents 343i and Bungie era art styles. Baseline Grunts have the Bungie era backpacks. Suicide Grunts have the 343i era facial designs. Cannon Fodder borrows the Heretic Grunt design from Halo 2. Grunt Heavy are also 343i era heavy grunts.
Are the heavy grunts of 343's native design? I could've sword there was a bit of Grunt heavy essence from Halo Reach mixed in there though.
You know like these, mostly the ones with the double pillar methane packs, and the goat-eye goggles.Like these only banished. They got the armour, it's just their legs and arms. Design's still there though.
  4. Each Grunt represents 343i and Bungie era art styles. Baseline Grunts have the Bungie era backpacks. Suicide Grunts have the 343i era facial designs. Cannon Fodder borrows the Heretic Grunt design from Halo 2. Grunt Heavy are also 343i era heavy grunts.
Are the heavy grunts of 343's native design? I could've sword there was a bit of Grunt heavy essence from Halo Reach mixed in there though.
You know like these, mostly the ones with the double pillar methane packs, and the goat-eye goggles.Like these only banished. They got the armour, it's just their legs and arms. Design's still there though.
You know now that you mention it, Grunt Heavy in Reach do look like the Grunt Heavy in Halo 5, I'll change it.
You know now that you mention it, Grunt Heavy in Reach do look like the Grunt Heavy in Halo 5, I'll change it.
Only a bit though! There is that change to the native skin that could bother, but most is still there except for the distinct Goat Eyes.
Design is similar though, Thick backpack and mask cover!
Only a bit though! There is that change to the native skin that could bother, but most is still there except for the distinct Goat Eyes.
Design is similar though, Thick backpack and mask cover!
I feel like that was my error, I haven't played Reach in 7 years. All I remember them reintroducing that design in 4 again.
I'm looking through random gameplay on Youtube and saw that Hellbringers can "attack" an air unit if a spartan is hijacking an air unit and the hellbringers are next to them.
If you use the Spartan's ground pound ability while he/she is inside a vehicle, he/she actually ground pounds out of the vehicle, the vehicle exploding if it was initially an enemy.
Retriever Sentinels were originally planned for Halo 3, being seen in the last mission gathering from the planet to rebuild the ring.
They were cut and never heard from until HW2.

(So I hear)
Retriever Sentinels were originally planned for Halo 3, being seen in the last mission gathering from the planet to rebuild the ring.
They were cut and never heard from until HW2.

(So I hear)
They were going to be in Halo 4 as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2