Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Thinking about purchasing....

OP sheyikh

I never got into halo wars sadly but thinking of picking it up! Just curious, coming from a person that played halo 1 to halo 5 what are the chances that halo wars is a game for me? The reason i ask this because i want to hear from other spartans that are currently enjoying the game, just need a little motivation in trying something new lol.

Thanks for your time spartans
I think HW2 is simple enough that a RTS novice could pick up without too much trouble and has enough depth that you won't master it too quickly and get bored.

As someone that has played from launch to present day, through it's ups and downs, I would recommend purchasing HW2. BUT I would only recommend getting the complete edition that comes with all the DLC.
I think HW2 is simple enough that a RTS novice could pick up without too much trouble and has enough depth that you won't master it too quickly and get bored.

As someone that has played from launch to present day, through it's ups and downs, I would recommend purchasing HW2. BUT I would only recommend getting the complete edition that comes with all the DLC.
I agree you need every leader to understand how the game works. Cant beat kinsano or some other leader if you dont understand his/her strength and weaknesses.
BUT I would only recommend getting the complete edition that comes with all the DLC.
Couldn't agree with this more.

Your opponent has a huge advantage if you don't know what his leader can do, and it's pretty hard to get a sense of a leader by just reading his abilities.
sheyikh wrote:
I never got into halo wars sadly but thinking of picking it up! Just curious, coming from a person that played halo 1 to halo 5 what are the chances that halo wars is a game for me? The reason i ask this because i want to hear from other spartans that are currently enjoying the game, just need a little motivation in trying something new lol.

Thanks for your time spartans
I also played every single halo(halo 4 not as much) and enjoyed them thoroughly. I play a lot more of halo wars 2 these days than the other titles. This game is basically fun for anyone who has a well functioning brain. For the price I highly advise you buy the complete edition. I bought the regular edition like a week before the complete edition came out :/