Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

This game is over.

OP PEPORA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Postums wrote:
If MCC and bringing Reach to PC is a higher priority than the most recent Halo release, then yes, it seems that it will always be low priority. After they're done doing what they're doing, Infinite will be on the horizon and there will be another reason to ignore Halo Wars' existence.
The team that works on Halo Infinite is NOT the same team that works on Halo Wars. This is a very common misconception.
I am grateful to you.
And the biggest thanks to Matt
Thank you very much.

So I can't forgive 343i.
The person who stopped the matt of passion, the company.
MCC delay. The situation was bad.
I told you to pull my hand from HW2
I am very disappointed with the person who made that decision.
You are not bad.
PEPORA wrote:
343 Industries seems to have decided to abandon the game.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/halo-wars-2-petition-response/e99f479e-06d4-483a-92b5-6bcf2bf4a4f5/posts

There's no future for halo wars 2.
I'm very sad.
Yeah, all they say is at this time. With it being 2019 and Halo Infinite to release in a little over a year, I would rather all of 343's attention focused on making Infinite the best Halo game of all time. I really enjoyed Halo Wars 2, but at the end of the day, it is a spinoff and if it needs to be paused so the main series can continue and be excellent, I'll wait.
I just logged into the game this morning and realized:

I haven't even looked at using Kinsano in Blitz. I should try that! Wonder what the starting options are...
I haven't done Terminus Firefight in ages, that was a fun mode!
I really should try Awakening the Nightmare on Legendary!

And that's just off the top of my head - whole possibilities for entertaining strategy experiences. There's enough content here to have fun for a long time to come.

That's the vibe I get from this game, whenever I log in that menu theme (honors the classic Halo themes but with just enough of a new vibe) gives me chills and makes me want to play "just one game". :) Who knows, this could be the end for support, but I want to thank the team for bringing back Halo Wars for a bit. Y'all gave me hours and hours of quality strategy fun, with hours more to come, and that's a win in my book.
I just logged into the game this morning and realized:

I haven't even looked at using Kinsano in Blitz. I should try that! Wonder what the starting options are...
I haven't done Terminus Firefight in ages, that was a fun mode!
I really should try Awakening the Nightmare on Legendary!

And that's just off the top of my head - whole possibilities for entertaining strategy experiences. There's enough content here to have fun for a long time to come.

That's the vibe I get from this game, whenever I log in that menu theme (honors the classic Halo themes but with just enough of a new vibe) gives me chills and makes me want to play "just one game". :) Who knows, this could be the end for support, but I want to thank the team for bringing back Halo Wars for a bit. Y'all gave me hours and hours of quality strategy fun, with hours more to come, and that's a win in my book.
The mode you found is really great,
The brute story that extends the HALO universe is the element of HW2 that I love most.
However, if you play for a long time, you will notice that the saved data will be lost.
This is a fatal bug
This is a bug that 343 decided to leave.
I hope that Fort Jordan can at least make it into matchmaking at some point in the future. /:
343, thank you for making this game really awesome. This was the best halo game in years since after Halo reach.

Quite sad it's ending support for now but at least it's not permanent.
Have hope, those of us who played the first halo wars didn't get as much support as 343 has given this game. I don't see this game being left behind like the original was. It will just take them time to focus on this again
AMA4N wrote:
343, thank you for making this game really awesome. This was the best halo game in years since after Halo reach.

Quite sad it's ending support for now but at least it's not permanent.
^this :)
Postums, I recently read the pinned thread and thought to write a note here. I was not aware there was a petition so thank you for posting that. And thank you for continuing to be open about plans on a large scale. While my comments are not directed at you, I am addressing them to you since you seem to take a great interest in reading and responding to posts here.

I sincerely hope this is the last time a game is handled like this. Look back and see that MCC, H5, and HW2 were all launched in a poor/incomplete state. MCC finally became a beacon of what a triple A game should be so many years after launch. I have said on multiple occasions that there are two MCCs and the new one should be appreciated for what it is - simply an amazing game. But those promises from the E3 presentation were fulfilled years after launch and unexpectedly so. That said, it bears being mentioned again that MCC 2.0 is indeed your best work.

Similarly, Halo 5 took almost 2 years to have all its content delivered to the players. It was still not the bar for technical quality like Halo 4 and prior games, but it worked. Then came those confounded weapon updates that no one asked for and they too were abandoned without being seen to completion. We were told it would be an ongoing process to tune those weapons. But for what? They messed up the sandbox and the entire update cycle didn’t even finish properly. The updates just stopped for unknown reasons. We are not beta testers so please don’t treat major features as beta tests!

Then we come to HW2. Apparently, there were so many issues with it, you had to release an update which replaced 100% of the code on the disc... and soon after launch. That in itself is not terrible, but the “new” version still had a multitude of bugs. I’ve been peeved mainly about the large number of buggy achievements that simply will not unlock unless you start from scratch and do everything all over again. To me, that is unacceptable for an Xbox exclusive especially 2.5 years after launch. Even so, there are tons of other major issues like the menus freezing for no reason and other gameplay issues. I do hope you go back and fix the game once your work with MCC comes to a close.

My final thought here is to please stop this habit of releasing incomplete products and then planning ways to apply band-aids. I get the feeling you at 343i have evolved your ways and are going to make Infinite a game instead of a service, but please try and make it so. I’m tired of constantly making compromises when playing games which used to be so rock solid from nearly every technical angle. Yes, that definitely includes Halo 4. All other arguments aside, you guys at 343i made a technically sound game with Halo 4. Minor flaws are understandable and expected. You can’t test literally everything and I get that. For example, you can’t know that pressing the Y button 50 times within 10 seconds will immediately grant a player a Scarab gun in PvP. So patches for things like that are understandable. But core features (achievements, gameplay, menus, etc.) should be made properly and completely before release. I hope you get a chance to read this and I look forward to getting Halo Wars 2 off my shelf again once it is a proper game.
By way of clarification, all players should read this tweet from Wrensi.
By way of clarification, all players should read this tweet from Wrensi.
Only Matt ... Only Matt can help HALOWARS2 ...!
Overwhelming thanks to Matt ...

Hopefully if 343i decides to focus Matt on HW2 ...
MCC for PC is not yet out.
HW2 enters GAMEPASS and continues to be sold on XBOX and PC.
MCC has decided the delay,
It is not healthy that HW2 that can already be played is incomplete.

You should n’t leave Matt alone to fix HW2.
Should be corrected by a larger number of people.
BonnieRoss appears to be painful to users through HW2
(In fact, that ’s the judgment.)
We shouldn't push our disappointment to Matt ...

Anyways

Thanks to Matt ...
It's been gone for a while... There just making it official. Nothing major has happened in a long time. None of the issues such as sync issues was ever fixed.. Smirfing ... Leader boards not reflective of skill.. No balance differences made between 1s, 2s, 3s... Never release population numbers even though it can be seen on there end.. My last 2¢ on this game.
I wish they could at least fix the bugs, add a few final balance patches for the main issues and complete fort Jordan before letting the game be....
It’s not over yet. Reach once wasn’t coming to MCC, and MCC wasn’t coming to PC. Remember? Or Steam, for that matter.

Now look at it. We’ll see how this plays out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2