Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

This is why we need Full crossplay

OP ASConviction

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well I'm waiting another 25+ min for a game in 1v1 on pc for possibly the 100th time.

There is a need a serious need full crossplay in halo wars 2, right now this current system is killing hw2 for Pc not letting it grow at all.

There really isn't a huge advantage for pc over xbox, and for most outside the top the difference won't even matter. (Currently Xbox has better players compared to pc in the first place)

The wait times are ridiculous, pc doesn't have the player base to sustain multiple games modes so we don't even have things like 2v2. Facts is that I can't keep playing hw2, I can't keep committing extremely long wait times just to not find games.

There needs to be full crossplay to make the game more successful and to keep the players happy.
can confirm this was in his stream watching him search for a 1v1 match for 25+ min poor PC community give um some love <3
Support as always. Crossplay is a must in playlists and shouldnt be split to x war
The game population could support two 1v1 lists. One for xbox only and the other for both pc and xbox. The xbox players would fill both lists.

This will NEVER EVER happen because there is no money in it for 343. PC was lucky to get the two cross play lists they got.

343 will use the 20% win rate stat as a reason not to implement this. However, 99% of the players don't even care if they win or lose they just want to play.

Windows 10 cross play feature is about as valuable as my Kinect. Neither idea was implemented well.
I honestly detest crossplay, but I'm not 100% against it when its done right. There is one thing you need to, a SINGLE button push that will make this ok with me.

Enable Crossplay: [X]

If i can toggle it on and off I'm ok with it.

In reality though I feel Halo on PC was never supposed to be a thing to begin with. Xbox exclusive for life yo lol. Sucks the game died there but thats surprising and not at the same time. Halo FPS is popular on PC because almost all FPS games have a distinct advantage with mouse and keyboard on PC. Halo Wars 2 was designed for console gamers. It's to be expected the PC player pool would be lower since the game was not made to give PC players the distinct advantages they are accustomed to when playing RTS games on PC, almost feeling like a downgrade to other RTS games on PC. It's kinda personal error and company error at the same time if you bought it on PC either knowing or not knowing the target audience was Xbox.
Another "Cross Play" post, we need full cross play. I have tried very hard to get some sort of comment as 1v1's are impossible to play unless on Xbox. PC players AND Xbox players will tell you that Mouse and Keyboard does not define the victor. We don't need more X War, we need full cross play. And maybe you can just give us mouse support and call it a day.
I honestly detest crossplay, but I'm not 100% against it when its done right. There is one thing you need to, a SINGLE button push that will make this ok with me.

Enable Crossplay: [X]If i can toggle it on and off I'm ok with it.

In reality though I feel Halo on PC was never supposed to be a thing to begin with. Xbox exclusive for life yo lol. Sucks the game died there but thats surprising and not at the same time. Halo FPS is popular on PC because almost all FPS games have a distinct advantage with mouse and keyboard on PC. Halo Wars 2 was designed for console gamers. It's to be expected the PC player pool would be lower since the game was not made to give PC players the distinct advantages they are accustomed to when playing RTS games on PC, almost feeling like a downgrade to other RTS games on PC. It's kinda personal error and company error at the same time if you bought it on PC either knowing or not knowing the target audience was Xbox.
Halo Wars 2 was designed concurrently for PC and xbox, you have a point if you're talking about Halo Wars 1 but not this game. Halo 1 and 2 were on PC and aside from porting problems they played fine. We would have had the entire series on PC if Don Mattrick didn't keep Halo 3 and onwards hostage on the 360. Lots of people agree that for HW2 there really isn't that much of an advantage in using kb/m, and even for actual shooters with crossplay/mixed controllers like gears/the project that shall not be named, people have come to realize that controllers and kb/m have certain/disadvantages that keep them on an even playing field. That is, as long as the game has things like aim assist for controllers, I won't argue that someone playing Quake on a controller will do good against someone on kb/m.

The benefits of crossplay will vastly outweigh the perceived negatives, the game needs it to be healthy.
Personally I don't see why they even put the game on PC. Some games are simply meant to be played on console/with a controller, not a mouse and a keyboard.
and yes I realize I'm not being helpful. I apologize.
1s need cross platform. At the very minimum a 1s x war playlist is needed. Ive seen streams where they have to wait 10/20 minutes for a game. Thats just a horrible experience. And because of crossplay the game could grow again on both platforms in my opinion.
Sadly 10-30min wait times is something I experience every time I play this game.
I'm all for cross play, Whatever it takes to keep this game alive!
Plus im sick and tired of loosing shitloads of csr because some champ searches on a secondary plat account. And in general people apperently get streamsniped and its not that hard to make it happen with a small playerpool. So if you dont make this happen this game will die
Plus im sick and tired of loosing shitloads of csr because some champ searches on a secondary plat account. And in general people apperently get streamsniped and its not that hard to make it happen with a small playerpool. So if you dont make this happen this game will die
These problems seem very unrelated to crossplay.

Streamsnipe? Turn it off, simple. If it's your job comes with the territory i guess.
Secondary account is just plain old smurfing, every game including HW2 Xbox has those.

I feel for ya but thats a poor arguement. Idk why i felt the need to waste one of my 5 daily posts on that lol
Sadly 10-30min wait times is something I experience every time I play this game.
You have a lot of patience. It should NOT be a requirement of playing on PC. #GoFullCrossplay
I can tell you for a fact 343 would have my money and all the bois' if they made crossplay
This is also what killed Gear 4 for all of us. And yes before one of you complains we all use controllers on Gears 4 because we used to play it back in the day. Halo Wars Def Edition went on Steam and sold extremely well, so idk why they won't do the same for both. I know I'm jumping around but my point is that if they make it crossplay I will play on whatever
Wrensi Postums any details or attempts to get more crossplay
They should just have the following 6 playlists

1v1
1v1x
2v2
2v2x
3v3
3v3x

All are ranked. If you want unranked then pick a play list to mess around on. I really just need another 1v1 play list to muck around on with other leaders.
I doubt they will open true cross play . Your better off going to buy an Xbox or wait for halo wars 3 lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2