OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hey Community,

Just reaching out to see what people's opinions are in regards to offensive leader powers. Please let me know which ones you don't like that much. Offensive leader powers are such as the following.

Plasma Bolt, Ark Defense, Archer Missiles, Cleansing Beam,and many more.

Please provide a list of your top 5 least used offensive leader powers and why.

Thanks,
Postums
1. Salvo
2. Salvo
3. Salvo
4. Salvo
5. Salvo

Yes I use it occasionally, but only for the inspiration. Enduring salvo is sooo bad. Kinsanos 6 o clock seems lackluster to me but, her wheel is so good it doesn't really matter.
Leader powers I don't like/least used;

1. Inferno - can strip an entire base with little to no counter play (plz nerf)

2. Salvo - bit better after the buff, but still meh when compared to Archer Missiles or MAC

3. Plasma Bolt - literally only used as a way to proc conduit. Would be nice to actually use it as an offense.

4. EMP MAC - kinda laughable compared to the regular MAC, and only have two levels hurts it even more. Could use some love.

5. Napalm Missiles - Godlike at level 3, but awful at level 1/2.
1. Cleansing Beam. Mediocre damage and the inability to control your units during the duration kills it. This is a LP dump.
2. Enduring Salvo. Basically what Rebel said.
3. The Spirit drop from Atriox. It's value just isn't there late game.
4. Lich. The current buffs will probably change that.
5. Unbreakable. This may not be the popular choice, but I feel like it's soooooo expensive for a little invulnerability. It only really lasts long enough to negate powers, but Bulwark is cheaper and has a shorter cooldown.
I would defer to others, but glassing/cleansing Beam has always seemed extremely lackluster to me. It doesn't seem to do much damage, I can't control my army while using it, and it rarely seems to kill more than 1-2 units. I don't bother with it unless I need nothing else. Maybe it's okay as a base killer (especially as a finisher when your army is retreating, moving on, or nearly dead anyway?). I just can't feel safe using that power at all until I know the other side has exhausted leader powers and I have made use of all other relevant leader powers, unit powers and micro on my side. That makes it a fairly problematic leader power in my experience.

I'm willing to have my eyes opened to what I'm missing here; is this LP intended for specific use cases that I am ignorant about, etc.?
1. Salvo
2. Salvo
3. Salvo
4. Salvo
5. Salvo

Yes I use it occasionally, but only for the inspiration. Enduring salvo is sooo bad. Kinsanos 6 o clock seems lackluster to me but, her wheel is so good it doesn't really matter.
Hey Rebel, could you reply with an actual 5 and not just the 1 you really dislike, that would be more helpful. Thanks!
EMP Mac.

I think it it works great, but my main gripe with it is that it can also be used to buff your own army, but it’s super hard to use it in that regard.

You need to be standing within the power’s radius to receive the benefit. So essentially your options are drop it on the enemy to stun them(which is what you should always do) or drop it on your own army to buff it.

In the clip here you can see that the mantis was just outside the damage ring, and it didn’t get the buff effect. Can the radius of the buff be extended so that it’s larger than the damage ring? Ala CoR Plasma Bolt or Enduring Salvo?

The extra range on the buff doesn’t have to be massive, just large enough that I can drop it on my enemy nearby and receive the benefit, instead of directly on top of myself.
1. Glassing beam: not a terrible power, but having to control it for so long puts your army at risk. Also, players can split from GB much faster than other LPs, which are a single, quick strike.

2. EMP Mac Blast: I love this power in the early and early-mid game, but it loses it effect as the game progresses. The stun is still good for team games, but it doesn't pack the punch of a lvl 3 Brand or Rain of Fire. Maybe it needs a 3rd slot?

3. Inferno: I actually love this power, but, I agree it's too easy to strip a base with it.

4. Arc Defense: not bad in the early game, but easily forgotten because of the other LPs you want to grab for Anders.

5. MAC: Love this power, but it's a bit too strong atm.
1. Cleansing beam. It feels like it just tickles units on level one, meaning that if you want to invest in it you're in for the 3 LP long haul. It's damage is OK on T3 but by the time you get there it doesn't seem to do much against teched out armies that aren't infantry. Considering you lose control of your units for the duration as well, it needs some serious advantages to make the investment worth it. I find myself never picking it up until I have practically every other power I want.

2. Plasma bolt. I don't think this needs much explaining. As a conduit caster it's great extremely late game but it barely touches units.

3. Salvo. It's basically a really weak scatter bomb that inspires right now.

4. Archer missiles. Much like cleansing beam, it feels very weak on 1/2, and 3 is just OK since it's easy to dodge.

5. Napalm missiles. Same problem as archer missiles.

If you're noticing a trend, I think all of the three point powers are pretty bad. For dumping 3 LPs into them (which is a TON of investment), they really don't seem to do much. I'd say the standard MAC blast is possibly an exception to this. Overall, these powers should be absolutely devestating on T3 given that you could buy a 12'oclock power and one of your other strongest points in the time it takes to max them. They should do a bit more on 1 and a decent bit more on 2 as well. They all need some buffing. Hunters Brand, MAC, and Rain of Fire all feel fine though.
Postums wrote:
1. Salvo
2. Salvo
3. Salvo
4. Salvo
5. Salvo

Hey Rebel, could you reply with an actual 5 and not just the 1 you really dislike, that would be more helpful. Thanks!
Okay, sorry if that came across as annoying. Jerome is the leader I play as the most so salvo really irks me. Idk if there's really 5 that seem bad to me but here is a list.
1. Salvo
2. Serinas ult Is lackluster and as much as it kills me to say it, it needs buffs.
3. Kinsanos 6 o clock is good at level 3 but could use some help at lev 1/2

Other than this I think most offensive powers are decent.
As far as bad LPs go, seismic blast is also bad. I just dropped a level 2 on a cannon fodder, and it only did half health. Obviously it should only be used to break ice. Possible to resisting the power so it’s got a smaller radius but the upgrade allows you to drop 2 of them like plasma bolt?
As far as bad LPs go, seismic blast is also bad. I just dropped a level 2 on a cannon fodder, and it only did half health. Obviously it should only be used to break ice. Possible to resisting the power so it’s got a smaller radius but the upgrade allows you to drop 2 of them like plasma bolt?
I feel like seismic blast has it's role and it fills it, shattering ice. No need to ask it to do more than it does.
Cutters Battle hardened veterancy Upgrade, which you can sink 2 points into? Who would ever sink 2 points into this, let alone 1 point, the rate they gain veterancy is just too slow for this to ever be a picked. I feel a buff to this passive might see it get some use, even then im not sure, eitherway needs to be looked at!
1. Cleansing Beam - It's a 3 point LP dump that makes me lose control of my units and is only really useful on Yap when combined with Methane. It's super-heated plasma, it should literally melt units lol.
2. Plasma Bolt - Only real use is Tier 1 to activate Conduit of Rage. I'm never putting more than 1 LP in this.
3. Napalm Missiles - Burn damage is decent but is only really useful to start stripping a base, units can easily avoid it.
4. Glacial Storm - For an ultimate leader ability, this kind of sucks. The freeze is pretty slow, units can easily avoid it, and it's kind of a waste to drop on a base. I always get the drop instead.
5. Ark Defense - It is just plain bad. Make the sentinels invulnerable to solidify its role as area denial or increase damage/Sentinel count to give it some punch.
Glassing beam ( I already mentioned)
Arbiter bolt feels pretty weak for the investment of 3 potential points

i only have 2 that i can think of now :(
Its the best unit drop in the game tho... im not joking
1. Ark Defense: PLEASE help this power, could really use a DPS buff. Level 2 ark defense is negligibly better than the first.

2. Salvo: I feel like given this powers long telegram and long duration, it should do much more damage than it does.

3. Call me biased, but I think cryo bomb + seismic could use a little help. At launch it was way too OP but I think it was a bit over-nerfed. The cooldown is really long. This is an idea I'd like some feedback on, but what if the seismic blast had like, really really really quick cooldown? This would allow Serina players to liberally use the seismic when freezing units using the bison, via frostravens, or any other icy leader power that isn't the cryo bomb. I'd just like to unhook the seismic from ONLY being usable in conjunction with the cryo bomb. I know people think Serina is annoying, but most really good players I've talked to consider her one of the worst leaders in 1s, so I think this could help.

4. Plasma Bolt: -Yoink- Arbiter, but this power is only useful to induce COR. DPS buff would help it immensely, considering how small it's size is.

5. Napalm Missiles: These are awful with only 1 point investment.
Its the best unit drop in the game tho... im not joking
I'd argue Colony drop and Spirit Assault is better, but it depends on what you're going for. But we're already discussing this lol
3. Call me biased, but I think cryo bomb + seismic could use a little help. At launch it was way too OP but I think it was a bit over-nerfed. The cooldown is really long. This is an idea I'd like some feedback on, but what if the seismic blast had like, really really really quick cooldown? This would allow Serina players to liberally use the seismic when freezing units using the bison, via frostravens, or any other icy leader power that isn't the cryo bomb. I'd just like to unhook the seismic from ONLY being usable in conjunction with the cryo bomb. I know people think Serina is annoying, but most really good players I've talked to consider her one of the worst leaders in 1s, so I think this could help.
I could get behind this suggestion
Leader powers I don't like/least used;

1. Inferno - can strip an entire base with little to no counter play (plz nerf)

2. Salvo - bit better after the buff, but still meh when compared to Archer Missiles or MAC

3. Plasma Bolt - literally only used as a way to proc conduit. Would be nice to actually use it as an offense.

4. EMP MAC - kinda laughable compared to the regular MAC, and only have two levels hurts it even more. Could use some love.

5. Napalm Missiles - Godlike at level 3, but awful at level 1/2.
To counter inferno you have to use an leader power without make your units invincible or teleport pelican transport also works well also hasn’t inferno been nerfed a lot in the past ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4