Top 5 least liked offensive leader powers

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Recently been playing solos and kinsanos flame-hog drop into a hell drop to get half your army back after it just got wiped is unreal in my opinion, I have won a lot of battles I probably shouldn't have with these abilities.
1. Enduring Salvo - Just not all that damaging or useful
2. Glacial Storm - exceptionally terrible for an ultimate
3. Glassing Beam could use a shorter duration but with more dps to compensate
4. Rain of Fire - With 3 points it is basically eradication, too strong imo
5. Eradication could use a slow effect or faster activation, a little too easy to dodge.
1. Serena's power that gives freeze aura to turrets and nodes.
2. Voridus Goo spreading mine
3. Serena's ice blocks she lays down that freezes stuff.
4. Voridus Maelstrom (I think that's the one, the one that pulls your units back into place)
5. Yap Yap's don't shoot me. When used well it can make him unstoppable.

(As you can see, I hate Serena and Voridus' kit in general, I wish they weren't even in the game, not that I can't beat them, just I hate what the game devolves into with them)
3. The Spirit drop from Atriox. It's value just isn't there late game.
Its the best unit drop in the game tho... im not joking
*Cough* Devastating Host *Cough*
You spelt Omega Team wrong 🙄.
both those cost so much tho, 2k+ right? the reason i like this drop best is the units you get for ~600. you drop 3 points into it and these will wipe a base and any infantry ball over and over all game long.
NO. Spirit Support (Shippy), Grunts From Above (Yap), and Devastating Host Colony (Colony) are the best. I'll admit, the brutes from Atrioxes will knock a Banished shield by themselves in seconds but it is not great for harrassment lite game. ODST is also one of the best.
both those cost so much tho, 2k+ right? the reason i like this drop best is the units you get for ~600. you drop 3 points into it and these will wipe a base and any infantry ball over and over all game long.
Pop for pop, there's not really any force that can beat Omega Team. That's why I like them so much.
Leader powers I don't like/least used;

1. Inferno - can strip an entire base with little to no counter play (plz nerf)

2. Salvo - bit better after the buff, but still meh when compared to Archer Missiles or MAC

3. Plasma Bolt - literally only used as a way to proc conduit. Would be nice to actually use it as an offense.

4. EMP MAC - kinda laughable compared to the regular MAC, and only have two levels hurts it even more. Could use some love.

5. Napalm Missiles - Godlike at level 3, but awful at level 1/2.
Agree with all this except EMP Mac. Damage shouldn't be equivalent to a normal Mac seeing as it stuns and buffs Mantis. If you ask me, It's in a fine spot.
Yea agree. Dont compare a good ability to an OP one. Right now, Mac Blast is better than the obvious EMP Max but Isabels MAC is broken. Infantry with full health and teir 3 upgrades will always instantly die to fully upgraded MAC Blast, even Jump Brutes and Hunters.
Pop for pop, there's not really any force that can beat Omega Team. That's why I like them so much.
There is not 30 pop of any mix that beats Omega team so i'll agree.

2. Salvo - bit better after the buff, but still meh when compared to Archer Missiles or MAC

3. Plasma Bolt - literally only used as a way to proc conduit. Would be nice to actually use it as an offense.

4. EMP MAC - kinda laughable compared to the regular MAC, and only have two levels hurts it even more. Could use some love.

Agree with all this except EMP Mac. Damage shouldn't be equivalent to a normal Mac seeing as it stuns and buffs Mantis. If you ask me, It's in a fine spot.
Yea agree. Dont compare a good ability to an OP one. Right now, Mac Blast is better than the obvious EMP Max but Isabels MAC is broken. Infantry with full health and teir 3 upgrades will always instantly die to fully upgraded MAC Blast, even Jump Brutes and Hunters.
Oh my gosh, compare it to Archer Missiles, then.

Oh my gosh, compare it to Archer Missiles, then.
I'm on your side still😆😆😆😆
1. Plasma Bolt. This shouldn't be MAC level, but it feels so incredibly lackluster and it's Arbiter's only strictly offensive power.
2. Enduring Salvo. I don't think the damage is wrong, more so the duration. I'd like to see it last a bit longer (.5s?) while maintaining the same DPS OR last shorter with slight increase to DPS.
3. EMP MAC. Very little damage considering it's a MAC. I think it could use a DPS increase and possibly a cooldown time increase to compensate.
4. Hunter's Brand. More often than not, the power is used (at least from what I see) where one Arm of the 3-beam is not really used. I don't know how to fix this but maybe make them spiral inwards instead of just travel inwards. DPS down slightly as it would now cover more area as the 3 beams spiral inwards. OR make the beam into a stationary glassing beam for literally 1 second after convergence.
5. Arbiter's Elite Spirit Assault. Needs something more than Anti-building, imo. Remove two Enforcers and add a Ranger and a Hunter. OR replace the Spirit with a Phantom (like calling in a Phantom) to drop off the units and join your army.
Decimus drop, it’s not even close
  1. Infusion vortex - Just terrible, short duration and like no dmg, a move speed and dmg increase would be nice. (the level 3 version combos well with maelstrom though)
  2. Plasma Bolt- Only used to proc conduit currently.
  3. Enduring Salvo, the damage just isn't there on this power.
  4. Glassing beam- Only good on lvl 3.
  5. Ark Defense- I'd rather take turret drop over this.
Elite386 wrote:
5. Arbiter's Elite Spirit Assault. Needs something more than Anti-building, imo. Remove two Enforcers and add a Ranger and a Hunter. OR replace the Spirit with a Phantom (like calling in a Phantom) to drop off the units and join your army.
Drop it on minibases or unguarded expos. You will have fun.
1. Plasma bolt: Even with all 3 points invested in it, hardly does any damage. However, should you buff this in normal multiplayer, be aware that the blitz plasma bolt is very powerful (should you have a high level plasma bolt) and should not be buffed but receive a bit of a nerf.

2. Napalm missiles: Very lackluster at levels 1 and 2, but level 3 is beastly and should not be touched.

3. Ark defense: This is hardly provides area denial with the sentinels being so fragile. by the time you could get it to level 3, the game has progressed to the pint where this only tickles.as every player has likely gotten global upgrades to 3 and destroy the sentinels with ease. Either increase their hp or as another user suggested, make them untargetable.

4. Glacial storm: Also lackluster in regards to the cost and damage output. Freeze rate is alright but currently not worth sending a LP on it.

5. Glassing beam: I recall this beam used to have more punch but currently the first two levels only destroy at max 3 units. This is only viable if you put 3 levels into it but you still lose control of your own units while using it. As far as damage is concerned the first level should be buffed 25% while the second level is buffed by 15%.
If were talking about support powers then I think there is one interaction that should be looked at. Yap yap' s please don't shoot me ability can pretty much cancel out cutters close air support ability. It's hilarious to use but absolutely troll when your on the receiving end. It makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.
1. Glassing beam from shipmaster. Needs to deal more damage in a shorter duration

2. Salvo- This doesn’t do enough damage IMO

3. ODST- These units are good, but I feel the cooldown is too long compared to how strong they currently are. These units aren’t battle winning deployments.

4. Cataclysm- This does way to much IMO

5. Scout mines- who uses these?
Raises handScout mine is actually really good right now. Not sure how it'll be after mines can't be dropped on top of units, but right now it's really good.
1. Glassing beam from shipmaster. Needs to deal more damage in a shorter duration

2. Salvo- This doesn’t do enough damage IMO

3. ODST- These units are good, but I feel the cooldown is too long compared to how strong they currently are. These units aren’t battle winning deployments.

4. Cataclysm- This does way to much IMO

Glassing Beam does indeed need shorter duration but it will be fine with the current damage. Currently, it's duration is too long so the enemy can easily nuke and micro out of the Beam. I also noticed Glassing Beam does not always damage units.

I agree Salvo is not great

ODST is one of the best drops in the game. They are also fine where they are. They should not be mini Spartans running around. Instead, they are used to hit and run or reinforce your army.

Cataclysm is actually good where it is. It can be difficult to use, because infusion is by far much slower to place with shorter durations, and nearly impossible to use without combos. Infusion Vertex and grenadiers definitely need attension though.

Scout Mine should be a lure, not a nuke. All other mines are OP just because spartan slam. Even Scout is useful. If you displace an army before mine arms, your in for one hell of a show.
1) Jerome’s Salvo that needs some TLC, for the inconsistent damage and long cast time.

2) CAS. I love the concept of this power but as it’s untargetable, low damage, countered by yappers and very destroyable it’s much more situational than any other UNSC power save Ghost in the Machine

3) Early napalm Missiles maybe need some love as I never notice them doing much damage.

Otherwise I disagree with a lot of what I’ve read, but each to their own.
Izzy’s MAC is powerful, but is basically her only consistent offensive leader power, and has the same effect on armies as some LP’s do on bases.

Johnson’s EMP drops off late game damage wise but drop it on an army of banshees as your wolves role up and watch the emp induced panic.

I would like forge’s stun removed, but it’s not game breaking.

In an ideal world the player would have complete control over archer and napalm Missiles path (so, short for maximum damage or long for larger area damage)

cant speak for banished!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4