Top 5 least liked offensive leader powers

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Ark Defense is pretty meh too. Late game, T3 + the upgrade from Sentinel Synergy makes it decent but not fantastic. Early game it is pretty much useless. T1 Ark Defense usually comes for me around the time people are getting Tech 2, and they just don't have the damage to keep up with something like Mac Blast, also the fact that units can run away from them too hurts. I used them during the semifinals of the 2v2 tournament here at 8:14. Once he dropped the restoration drones, they did nothing when nuchey's base was under siege at around 6:13.

Would it be possible to allow them to track/follow units instead of flying in a circle? And maybe increase their base damage at T1... I can't speak to T2 or T3.
1. Glassing beam from shipmaster. Needs to deal more damage in a shorter duration

2. Salvo- This doesn’t do enough damage IMO

3. ODST- These units are good, but I feel the cooldown is too long compared to how strong they currently are. These units aren’t battle winning deployments.

4. Cataclysm- This does way to much IMO

5. Scout mines- who uses these?
Glassing Beam does indeed need shorter duration but it will be fine with the current damage. Currently, it's duration is too long so the enemy can easily nuke and micro out of the Beam. I also noticed Glassing Beam does not always damage units.

I agree Salvo is not great

ODST is one of the best drops in the game. They are also fine where they are. They should not be mini Spartans running around. Instead, they are used to hit and run or reinforce your army.Cataclysm is actually good where it is. It can be difficult to use, because infusion is by far much slower to place with shorter durations, and nearly impossible to use without combos. Infusion Vertex and grenadiers definitely need attension though.

Scout Mine should be a lure, not a nuke. All other mines are OP just because spartan slam. Even Scout is useful. If you displace an army before mine arms, your in for one hell of a show.
I agree that ODST’s are fine stats wise as they are, but that’s why I suggested a cooldown reduction instead of a stat buff.

Agree with everything else. I will try the scout mine tactic and see how it works. Since you and another poster are saying they work well
1. Glassing beam from shipmaster. Needs to deal more damage in a shorter duration

2. Salvo- This doesn’t do enough damage IMO

3. ODST- These units are good, but I feel the cooldown is too long compared to how strong they currently are. These units aren’t battle winning deployments.

4. Cataclysm- This does way to much IMO

5. Scout mines- who uses these?
Glassing Beam does indeed need shorter duration but it will be fine with the current damage. Currently, it's duration is too long so the enemy can easily nuke and micro out of the Beam. I also noticed Glassing Beam does not always damage units.

I agree Salvo is not great

ODST is one of the best drops in the game. They are also fine where they are. They should not be mini Spartans running around. Instead, they are used to hit and run or reinforce your army.Cataclysm is actually good where it is. It can be difficult to use, because infusion is by far much slower to place with shorter durations, and nearly impossible to use without combos. Infusion Vertex and grenadiers definitely need attension though.

Scout Mine should be a lure, not a nuke. All other mines are OP just because spartan slam. Even Scout is useful. If you displace an army before mine arms, your in for one hell of a show.
I agree that ODST’s are fine stats wise as they are, but that’s why I suggested a cooldown reduction instead of a stat buff.

Agree with everything else. I will try the scout mine tactic and see how it works. Since you and another poster are saying they work well
If something isn't broken, don't fix it. ODST perform hit and run very well and sachel charge is reasonably strong vs building and stunned units. Cooldown should be left alone.
  1. Yap yap's "Get back out there" I never use this cuz 6 infantry doesn't seem worth it. Maybe buff to 10 units
  2. plasma bolt is too weak, only used to spark cor
  3. Ark defense is too weak at T1
  1. Cleansing beam. It is so laughably easy to dodge, and does so little damage you can just tank it. More of an annoyment than an attack power. Plus you leave your units vulnerable when you use it.
  2. Johnson's free base building (its underused) especially since in the end game people usually have all the bases taken and the economy is really booming that another base wouldn't hurt
  3. Spartan Jerome's Enduring Salvo. It outputs a very low comparable DPS and takes too long. It is better to get his unit upgrades sometimes than get this. Even the Hunter's Brand is better
  4. EMP MAC. I never understood why this is so weak compared to the regular MAC. Isn't it an upgraded MAC so it should do equal damage as the regular one and have an EMP
  5. Plasma Bolt. Just like the Cleansing Beam it is so easily tank able. It does just very little damage and only killing the weak units such as sniper or banshees and that with two shots too. Needs a buff enough to kill units with little health for an offensive power.
  1. Cleansing beam. It is so laughably easy to dodge, and does so little damage you can just tank it. More of an annoyment than an attack power. Plus you leave your units vulnerable when you use it.
  2. Johnson's free base building (its underused) especially since in the end game people usually have all the bases taken and the economy is really booming that another base wouldn't hurt
  3. Spartan Jerome's Enduring Salvo. It outputs a very low comparable DPS and takes too long. It is better to get his unit upgrades sometimes than get this. Even the Hunter's Brand is better
  4. EMP MAC. I never understood why this is so weak compared to the regular MAC. Isn't it an upgraded MAC so it should do equal damage as the regular one and have an EMP
  5. Plasma Bolt. Just like the Cleansing Beam it is so easily tank able. It does just very little damage and only killing the weak units such as sniper or banshees and that with two shots too. Needs a buff enough to kill units with little health for an offensive power.
EMP MAC i personally think is fine. Isabel just needs a nerf. I think Johnson's Digging in Deep is actually good. You can build free buildings and getting a 4 gen does not cost 1000 resources. Plus, he is the only leader that will not be gravely crippled from Kinsano Hero + Inferno, unless he has a single base still.
1. Johnson's EMP Mac Blast is awful to me. It doesn't destroy an army, nor does it do enough damage to hinder an attack in a major way.
2. Colony's Hunters brand is not strong enough when you consider the fact that it doesn't hit all of the units in an area. Even at level 3 it rarely destroys anything.
3. Arbiter's Bolt needs a wider base of damage or more damage in general.
4. I don't know if this counts as an offensive power, but I don't care for the powers that respawn 8 units at the base. i can never tell that they are working.

This is all I can think of right now for offensive powers I don't care for.

Side note, please don't touch any of Kinsano's burn powers. Her powers are already not very good against air. I feel like the burn is pretty good at the moment.
I feel cleansing beam could use a little love. Maybe some immediate impact damage, possibly added on the second point and increased on the third, followed by the cleansing beam. If we could reduce the time spent using it and increase the dps to result in the same amount of damage done in a shorter time I think that would be enough to introduce meaningful change to the ability. After all the counterplay is to split your units and walk away from it, not too hard they should be punished if they dont.

Banished raid on shippy is pretty bad for a full 3 point LP. Honestly the second point should be added into what you get for the first, it's just ghosts being able to cap nodes hardly worth a full leader point on its own.

I also hate whatever it is called that summons sentinels around artillery strikes but maybe that's just me.
Cleansing beam is horrible or i don't know how to use it, it moves slow and most of the time i can't wait for it to end so i can use my troops, it can help to finish stationary or slow moving targets but even the damage feels weak, maybe allow it to move faster or allow us to break free from its vice-like grip once cast.
If anything we should get the cryo drop in before the seismic blast.
A lot of people hate leader powers because of failure exploit them at the right time I feel. However there are some that just are too limited and low damage.

1. Enduring salvo. This leader power is extremely critical for Jerome since it is one of his only offenseive leader powers (considerably his only), however it does little to no damage and the inspiration doesn't help.

2. Mass cloaking. I know it isn't exactly considered an offensive leader power, but this needs to be looked at. It is noticeable how nobody buys this ability because it is almost never usable. Sure you can target detect units to help make this work, but by the time all the enemy detect units are destroyed all of your army is already halfway gone. Also this leader power is only available to Arbiter and Shipmaster, two of the most offensive leaders in the game. This leader power it seems is only ever good for defense because that way the enemy can't just pump nightingales or place a watchtower to constantly detect you.

3. Ark defense. Just like Jerome, this leader power is critical to Anders because it is one of her only, if not only, offensive leader power. I honestly feel that this is a pretty good leader power itself but it takes too long to get. By the time it is available for purchase, people are already getting vehicles which this ability is useless against. If it could be received earlier it would be great in backing up Ander's marines because it is very effective against infantry. I think it should be swapped places with protector sentinels because protector sentinels are too expensive I feel to be viable when you can get them so early whereas they can be produced later more effectively.

4. Napalm missiles, These should do more impact damage because it seems like Kinsano is to weak against air and I feel this could help her a bit. If not this then the flames left behind could use a buff. This ability just needs an overall look over.

5.. EMP MAC Blast. As much as I love this ability, it debatably needs a look I think. I love how enemy vehicles get stunned and take more damage, I just think the direct damage could be increased a small bit. Really I just needed a fifth answer and this was a little forced because I feel the debuff it gives enemies is deadly, but it does need a damage increase still.
Shipmaster’s Raid should be 2 points.

All of the battle hardens should be looked at. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone choose yap yap’s.

Serina: I think cryo and seismic should be switched. Seismic is pointless without cryo. Her 12 O’clock is not that great I don’t think.

All of the beams.

Teleport needs to be a bit longer.

Hellcharge.

Fury, cause siphon is so much better.

Rather not see isabel’s Mac get nerfed. She’s not the most spectacular leader in the first place and needs a great power like her mac.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4