Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Ultimate Atriox edition

OP MasterButcher11

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ultimate Atriox edition only available at EB Games Australia?! Really??!!!! What about us loyal fans here in the U.S.?! Halo Wars original was offered with a steel book and Halo Wars 2 isn't?! What kind of crap is this?! There are a lot of fans out there who want this. Please make this available in the U.S. Please!
Sounds like this could be something that EB games have done themselves. Happens quite a lot in the UK where certain chains make up their own bundles and sell them
Ha! Take that! Now we get awesome exclusives!
Can they legally do that without 343, copyright laws and all?
I get that this sucks for internationals, but a little part of me is quietly pleased that Australia actually has something exclusive. It's petty, I know, but I think it's cool :)
(If it was something big like a collector's statue, I'd have a problem with it, but a steelbook is fine)
Can they legally do that without 343, copyright laws and all?
I'm sure MS has a licencing department to handle this kind of thing. Like stckrboy said, this happens in the UK a lot
Right, meaning EB couldn't do it on their own and they have a deal, or approval from Microsoft. I have no problem with Australia having exclusives, but seems to me Microsoft is forgetting the fans that made halo what it is.
MS decided this time that they themselves weren't going to put out a steelbook. Bad phrasing on my part earlier - EB may have needed to reach out to MS about it, but any other retailer could do the same.
Just sucks. Feel left out.
... I have no problem with Australia having exclusives, but seems to me Microsoft is forgetting the fans that made halo what it is.
Australia has an extremely dedicated Halo fanbase too which has helped make if what it is today
True, but halo originated here.
True, but halo originated here.
I would disagree, given the original was released globally. It was developed by an American company, but that's it's only real tie to the US
For what it's worth, Halo Wars was actually released in Australia a week before it was released in North America.

Quote:
It was released in Japan and Australia on February 26, 2009; in Europe on February 27; and in North America on March 3.
Those pins are very nice
The Ultimate Atriox Edition is a steel book and two pins. It has less value than the UE which you can order in stores and get an official steel book and all DLC.

We got unique 'Limited Editions' for MCC and Doom'16 as well. And honestly they are usually things you can make at home if you really feel like it with a steel book and no sleeve.
Does any else notice a pattern with Microsoft exclusive games steelbook case? Well they all have same art style with each other. Examples DR4,GOW4 and FH3. I do like it and I hope it continues with next years exclusive
Exactly where do you see HW2 Ultimate Edition available in stores with a steel book??
I agree that it sucks that other countries get really cool exclusive bundles, but at least we have the Ultimate Edition which is kinda good.
Exactly where do you see HW2 Ultimate Edition available in stores with a steel book??
My mistake, I just presumed the physical ultimate edition would come in a steel book as the Gears 4 UE and the Forza Horizon 3 UE were sold in a steel book.

But it my point still stands about earlier, the 'limited edition' things are really not worthwhile. It doesn't come with a sleeve and all these 'limited edition only at EB Games' bonuses tend to be a free micro transaction and a poster or base IRL.
I'm just a fan of the steel books and it's not that much more added cost for what they can charge.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2