Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

UNSC Early Game vs Banished

OP Knights of Kylo

I've been playing this game since its release and have enjoyed all the seasons thus far. This season however has posed a particular challenge for me. I love to play banished for their late game, but in the 3v3 onyx/champion rank my team has struggled with more losses than prior seasons. The early game affects the outcome of the match. We all love to play banished and usually do all 3 players as such. We have a very hard time maintaining node control and countering the UNSC flamer/marine/sniper balls that run around with some 20-25 infantry before the third leaderpoint. What are some banished build strats you use to counter this other than Goliath rushing, jpb rushing, or enforcer rushing? These rushes are good and all, but they end the game quicker than we like. As mentioned before, we enjoy banished late game. We've tried scouts but usually cant build enough to compete with the amount of marines already on the field. when my team gets tired of losing this way, we play double or triple UNSC and usually pull off a win by doing this exact UNSC strat. Hellbringers are such an amazing unit right now...

So once again, what is your startegy? Base build order and unit build order please! Thanks and i look forward to reading and testing some new strats!
The best rush shut down i do is shield ghosts, with sui grunts i tp on the main enemy force
I've been playing this game since its release and have enjoyed all the seasons thus far. This season however has posed a particular challenge for me. I love to play banished for their late game, but in the 3v3 onyx/champion rank my team has struggled with more losses than prior seasons. The early game affects the outcome of the match. We all love to play banished and usually do all 3 players as such. We have a very hard time maintaining node control and countering the UNSC flamer/marine/sniper balls that run around with some 20-25 infantry before the third leaderpoint. What are some banished build strats you use to counter this other than Goliath rushing, jpb rushing, or enforcer rushing? These rushes are good and all, but they end the game quicker than we like. As mentioned before, we enjoy banished late game. We've tried scouts but usually cant build enough to compete with the amount of marines already on the field. when my team gets tired of losing this way, we play double or triple UNSC and usually pull off a win by doing this exact UNSC strat. Hellbringers are such an amazing unit right now...

So once again, what is your startegy? Base build order and unit build order please! Thanks and i look forward to reading and testing some new strats!
Are you legit serious? First banished are overall better than unsc in this meta Expecally with the elite ranger buff. But as far as beating unsc flame/hell/sniper combo it’s not that hard you need scouts and sucicide grunts if your all banished
Scouts/Suicide Grunts/Hero should be your best bet. It's also worth mentioning if you have a Shipmaster or Arbiter on your team and get Teleport early you can drop Suicides right on top of infantry balls to decimate them.
just build the unit that says anti infantry and you win. don't build scouts bc grunts counter snipers its more cost effective than scouts.
You could go ghosts with ghost shields and engineers if you play shippy or arby.
Swerve LC wrote:

Are you legit serious? First banished are overall better than unsc in this meta Expecally with the elite ranger buff. But as far as beating unsc flame/hell/sniper combo it’s not that hard you need scouts and sucicide grunts if your all banished
I'm serious. This is before tech 2, so elite rangers are not a part of this consideration. I wish they were a tech one unit, cause i hate the fact that with suicide grunts, all you do is kill their units and lose your own. But it sounds like that is unfortunately the way to go.
Swerve LC wrote:

I'm serious. This is before tech 2, so elite rangers are not a part of this consideration. I wish they were a tech one unit, cause i hate the fact that with suicide grunts, all you do is kill their units and lose your own. But it sounds like that is unfortunately the way to go.
well suicide grunts are 80/40 so even though your both losing pop your coming out ahead.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:

well suicide grunts are 80/40 so even though your both losing pop your coming out ahead.
How much are hell bringers? Aren't they around the same cost? 80/40?
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:

yeah but that's why you send a sui into the middle of the infantry ball, if you're hitting more than 1 unit then they're fairly cost effect
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:
Yea at times I think sucicide grunts should get a price increase because if you get a stun of guess what they can’t split and even you don’t get a stun off that one unit will at times kill 3 or 4 units expecally if your not expecting it although you should constantly be scouting. An unexpected scui will cost you

but my bad I deleted part of my older comment it was choppers should be hitting the snipers while the sucicide grunts and grunts hit the marines then what Evers left should be hitting the hellbringers.

most of the time if your running all banished your running deci so use the lighting vortex when you have units there to debuff and stun their units