Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

UNSC reactions to flood outbreak?

OP tanman10131

I know there are 2 campaign logs with UNSC people talking about the banished during ATN... but i want to know more about the UNSC side of the infection. just wanted to know if there are any lore stories around what cutter or Isabel thought about the banished releasing the flood.
The outbreak seems to have only lasted a few hours, maybe a day, so they might not have known after they lost contact with the scouting party.

If they did, it isn’t like they haven’t fought the Flood before. They probably know that fire is good in this situation.
Im sure they probably had some kind of contact. We saw infected scorpions, warthogs, and human infected during the campaign. I bet cutter was trying to not let the flood spread just like the Banished were doing.
I was actually waiting for a mission in the ATN where the banished were battling the UNSC, both had to stop what they were doing to battle back the flood which crept up on both of them. It happened in one of the books concerning the covenant and the UNSC, it was a pretty cool situation. They hated each other, but they hated the flood more.
Im sure they probably had some kind of contact. We saw infected scorpions, warthogs, and human infected during the campaign. I bet cutter was trying to not let the flood spread just like the Banished were doing.
Yeah, on Legendary you see that even in the Archive you see Infected Flamethrowers. I know for a fact Jerome was like "Not this -Yoink- again" probably had to use another chair too.
I was actually waiting for a mission in the ATN where the banished were battling the UNSC, both had to stop what they were doing to battle back the flood which crept up on both of them. It happened in one of the books concerning the covenant and the UNSC, it was a pretty cool situation. They hated each other, but they hated the flood more.
That happened in Halo the Flood. I think it was 2nd Alpha Base attack.