Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Versus AI Feedback

OP MeJordan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey all,

Wanted to get some feedback on the state of the Versus AI playlist currently.

Looking into potentially changing it to Legendary AI as well as putting back the other gametypes instead of it being only Deathmatch. What do people think?
MeJordan wrote:
Hey all,

Wanted to get some feedback on the state of the Versus AI playlist currently.

Looking into potentially changing it to Legendary AI as well as putting back the other gametypes instead of it being only Deathmatch. What do people think?
I actually would love for the return of strongholds and domination but I do not believe the rest of the community might say the same.

Legendary AI sounds like a great idea! I feel it could actually help improve players in Halo Wars 2 early on.

To this day,
I still play customs vs AI and do crazy things! It is so much fun to me!
Fully support changing Versus AI to Legendary AI, as Heroic is far too easy. I have lost track of how many times I have 1v3'd the Heroic AI.

As for re-adding the other game modes; please no. I was never a fan of having those game modes in that playlist, but this may just be me.
People always quit on me when strongholds was the game type.
I agree that it should be upped to Legendary. I would also like a return of Strongholds, but understand that it's not exactly popular.
I agree that it should be upped to Legendary. I would also like a return of Strongholds, but understand that it's not exactly popular.
I Don't t like the idea of strongholds however on the subject I would love for domination to return i miss it vs AI

So Legendary Deathmatch and Domination Versus AI
Even though I would love to play other modes, keep it to deathmatch as kids will quit otherwise. Up the EXP if switched to legendary although I am certain EXP earned is based on gametype,
Strongholds is actually really fun against AI. I'd support that
Maybe you should take a look at the legendary AI in general. It's extremely good at rushing and will always try to get map control early on, but it somehow stops working the longer the game gets. You usually see them still building scout armies at 8-9mins.
Legendary AI is a great move, thanks for considering it.
If you add Strongholds/Domination, can it be a separate option please?
I personally don't like those modes at all and often people quit these game modes.
Best case scenario would be to have the number of Legendary AI selected based on the ranks of the people playing. In this case you would give the better players a higher challenge (you could even use skulls to boost this further) but won't alienate the lower levels. From a personal preference I would like Legendary much more as AI is my main playstyle and Heroic is too easy at this point.

As for the rotation, I like all of the game types but I do not appreciate the constant quitting. I do not remember a big problem with Domination in AI Versus as many players could still practice their build strategies while giving others more variety. Strongholds seemed to be the problem with quitting. Maybe just reintroduce domination first and see how this impacts the players. If people start quitting then I feel a separate playlist would be best (AI Deathmatch and AI Objective).
Definitely turn it to legendary, adding the other game types is up for debate.
Though I personally wouldn't mind seeing the other game types added back
Yeah, I remember that problem too
Fully support changing Versus AI to Legendary AI, as Heroic is far too easy. I have lost track of how many times I have 1v3'd the Heroic AI.

As for re-adding the other game modes; please no. I was never a fan of having those game modes in that playlist, but this may just be me.
Exactly what i was going to say! :)

Edit: if they decide to add Strongholds, I will be that guy that quits immediately, I despise strongholds... :(
Domination is okay, i probably won't insta quit on that... :/
Yeah, I'm that guy. I hate Strongholds, sorry.

Edit: Also sorry that i double posted, should have double quoted... my bad
I think this is a great idea! I would love to see the ai switched to legendary. I have some questions and concerns though. Such as, how would that work with new players, as is, the ai rush and use team atacks/leader powers. This leads new players to quiting. Would the dificulty allways be legendary? Or could it switch between the two dificultys, or scale with player rank. Either way, vs ai has alot of new players that quit or plain just don't know what to do, let alone know how to handle legendary. Mayyyyybe it could be its own playlist? Like halo 5 did with firefight?

As for adding the other game modes to the mix, its a good idea, especially if its on legendary dificulty. Becuase the objective modes would often be too quick, due to players just killing the ai off via knocking out thier bases.
Regice554 wrote:
Mayyyyybe it could be its own playlist? Like halo 5 did with firefight?
It would be possible, but the issue with that is it would be another playlist to break up the community that wants to play Versus AI. So would probably like to avoid that.
MeJordan wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Mayyyyybe it could be its own playlist? Like halo 5 did with firefight?
It would be possible, but the issue with that is it would be another playlist to break up the community that wants to play Versus AI. So would probably like to avoid that.
Yeah i though you would say that. Anyway, you got my vote, change away. Regardless i think people will enjoy that you guys are still suporting halo wars 2 in some way. Im happy you have taken an interest in the vs ai playlist.
jalam wrote:
Your not supposed to quite on your teammates soldier!
jalam wrote:
Your not supposed to quite on your teammates soldier!
The nerve of them to quite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2