Versus AI Feedback

OP MeJordan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
jalam wrote:
The nerve of them to quite.
RKO Star Fox, its against our honour as soldiers, its our obligation to finish what we start.
MeJordan wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Mayyyyybe it could be its own playlist? Like halo 5 did with firefight?
It would be possible, but the issue with that is it would be another playlist to break up the community that wants to play Versus AI. So would probably like to avoid that.
You'll need to buff the AI.
It's barely a threat after the initial rush.
MeJordan wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Mayyyyybe it could be its own playlist? Like halo 5 did with firefight?
It would be possible, but the issue with that is it would be another playlist to break up the community that wants to play Versus AI. So would probably like to avoid that.
I play an enormous amount of versus Ai and it never takes more than one minute to find a match. Splitting up the players pool in versus AI hopefully wouldnt affect matchmaking. I support a legendary versus AI playlist and the return of the other game modes but only if it's a separate playlist. I recommend a Heroic versus AI (Deathmatch only) and a Legendary versus AI (rotation of all modes). I've noticed an enormous amount of new players in the last 2 months. Tons of people bought this game when it was on sale for Black Friday, received it as an Xmas gift, or exposed to it through the Xbox game pass. These rank 1 players are very bad. No offense to them but they don't know what they're doing at all, let alone fend off a legendary AI Army. I usually have to message rank 1 players and let them know to build a supply pad cuz they don't even know how to start the match. I think it would be very discouraging to all of these new players if we made versus AI too hard for them
MeJordan, maybe you could make the team you start out on isn't always red team.
It would be nice to play as Blue Team abit more
Yes Buff AI choices its Predictable super easy to beat during first 5 minutes easily tricked early on

only few times it surprised me mass air at 8 minute mark lost a few times to that one countered last one or a scarab 12 minute mark beat that one only happened once a week ago i am stunned yapyap did scarab was not expecting it before 43 minute mark. let alone at 12 minute mark ..annoying Grunt AI is harder to Predict at times
MeJordan Do you have a rough estimate as to when a Verus AI update might come out? Very excited about this happening, Thanks!
jalam wrote:
MeJordan Do you have a rough estimate as to when a Verus AI update might come out? Very excited about this happening, Thanks!
I second
jalam wrote:
I do not, all of this feedback helps a lot though. We will need to discuss possible changes still, but i'll try to update you all when/if there is any concrete plans for updating it.
Fully support making the AI legendary and adding in the old game modes. While we're on the subject, could we pleeeeeeeese let the teams be random? In every gamemode where you play against the AI, by default the AI is blue team and we're red team. If I had my say, I would be blue team 100% of the time, and I would always play as green too! I'm referring to VS AI, Blitz FF, and Terminus FF. If updating the ui so we can pick is too much, if it could at least be random, I'd be stoked!
could we pleeeeeeeese let the teams be random?
I will try and look into this, but it's probably not very likely to get changed at this point unfortunately.
MeJordan wrote:
could we pleeeeeeeese let the teams be random?
I will try and look into this, but it's probably not very likely to get changed at this point unfortunately.
Thanks for the response! I've been making posts like this ever since the reveal of TFF back at e3. When I saw they were playing as red team and the ai was blue, I knew what was coming! Ske7ch even responded saying this as an option was a good idea, but seems that is as far as it went :'(

I'll keep hoping for it! Green team is best team!
MeJordan wrote:
Thanks for the response! I've been making posts like this ever since the reveal of TFF back at e3. When I saw they were playing as red team and the ai was blue, I knew what was coming! Ske7ch even responded saying this as an option was a good idea, but seems that is as far as it went :'(

I'll keep hoping for it! Green team is best team!
If we're lucky, HW3 will let us pick our colour.
MeJordan wrote:
If we're lucky, HW3 will let us pick our colour.
That happy day... 😏
Any chance of a vote option for game type if it stays a single playlist and strongholds/domination are added back? I didn't mind strongholds, but when I was playing vs. AI, it seemed to be the game mode as much as deathmatch and domination combined. The quitters and the AFK's made it frustrating.
Any chance of a vote option for game type if it stays a single playlist and strongholds/domination are added back? I didn't mind strongholds, but when I was playing vs. AI, it seemed to be the game mode as much as deathmatch and domination combined. The quitters and the AFK's made it frustrating.
Vote options would be nice to have, but unfortunately it's not set up for that. So it would be a random choice like other playlists.

From what it sounds like, most people would prefer to not include Strongholds in the rotation and just leave that to Rumble though.
MeJordan wrote:
From what it sounds like, most people would prefer to not include Strongholds in the rotation and just leave that to Rumble though.
I agree
up the difficulty to ledgendary, and increase the xp for winning to 1000xp (currently 800 for heroic). add in domination, make it a 50% of being either red or blue team. being red all the time is boring. potential 2v2 mix or filter?
As somebody who has just gotten the complete edition of the game and just started playing I am a bit intimidated by these possible changes but I can at least understand the difficulty change if the majority of multiplayer people are able to defeat heroic A.I. after the game being out for a while now.
I like how the heroic A.I. works but as I'm still experimenting with all the characters. I haven't quite figured out yet how to not get stomped by them late game if things go sideways midd-ish game. This is mostly from doing 3v3's.
That said, my 2 cents is I'd prefer it to stay the same. At least, just for a little while longer.

(Even though I don't think this is an option) I'd like it if there was two separate options being heroic and legendary.

Thanks for listening to feedback :)
I'd be all for making vs AI legendary a separate playlist. Given that the vs AI heroic is the only such playlist of its type and with such a large gap in skill between the best and the worst, removing heroic altogether may make the hardcore fans happy, but alienate the newer and lesser skilled players that don't participate in the forums.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2