Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Was flood decimus ever a thing?

OP nuchey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I remember a few weeks ago a floodified brute that looked like Decimus was speculated to be a flood Decimus. Anyone know if that was ever a thing? Maybe an idea that got scrapped? Looking at AtN campaign now, I think it could have been a cool boss fight for the 4th mission instead of a puzzle and ring around the rosie Lol
nuchey wrote:
I remember a few weeks ago a floodified brute that looked like Decimus was speculated to be a flood Decimus. Anyone know if that was ever a thing? Maybe an idea that got scrapped? Looking at AtN campaign now, I think it could have been a cool boss fight for the 4th mission instead of a puzzle and ring around the rosie Lol
Jee thanks for spoiling the ending for me.
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
Kind of was...it implies that he survived the dlc, well most people know that the expansion story is based on the Banished storyline after the main campaign...nobody could have known this unless they played the story.
No, his flood form never made an appearance in ATN which was a bit of a bummer. While concept art is not always going to be in game it would have been very cool if they put it in there.
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
Kind of was...it implies that he survived the dlc, well most people know that the expansion story is based on the Banished storyline after the main campaign...nobody could have known this unless they played the story.
His name wasn't even a mention in the Campaign, that's not a spoil thats people speculating on stuff.
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
How is talking about the 4th mission spoiling the 5th mission?
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
Decimus died already tho wut. Regardless if people don't play the original campaign, he's still dead.
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
His name wasn't even a mention in the Campaign, that's not a spoil thats people speculating on stuff.
His name was mentioned, he appeared in the campaign but yes saying "he didn't get infected" is a 'spoiler', Pvgzz wasn't speculating but stating a fact since the campaign expansion was about the Banished trying to deal with the Flood plus the Flood frequently reanimate corpses, they had taken over plenty of the corpses, living. The fact that nuchey was asking if "it was ever a thing" implies that Decimus was never infected in the campaign expansion...hence a spoiler. The speculation was irrelevant. It be like asking if Miranda Keyes ever survived Halo 2...
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
His name was mentioned, he appeared in the campaign but yes saying "he didn't get infected" is a 'spoiler', Pvgzz wasn't speculating but stating a fact since the campaign expansion was about the Banished trying to deal with the Flood plus the Flood frequently reanimate corpses, they had taken over plenty of the corpses, living. The fact that nuchey was asking if "it was ever a thing" implies that Decimus was never infected in the campaign expansion...hence a spoiler. The speculation was irrelevant. It be like asking if Miranda Keyes ever survived Halo 2...
Hardly. It would be more like saying if the Halo 5 E3 trailer MC, Guardian, or planet ever actually appeared in Halo 5 (none did). But considering Decimus died in the original campaign and was never mentioned by name in any official form for ATN, saying that he's not in it is hardly a spoiler. Nor would be saying the flood weren't in Halo 5 or the original Halo wars 2 campaign. Disappointing, sure, but hardly a spoiler as I doubt anyone actually expected any of these to actually happen
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
How is that a spoiler? Decimus died in the BASE GAME of Halo Wars 2! THAT is a spoiler, not his infected-form not appearing in the expansion.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
Hardly. It would be more like saying if the Halo 5 E3 trailer MC, Guardian, or planet ever actually appeared in Halo 5 (none did). But considering Decimus died in the original campaign and was never mentioned by name in any official form for ATN, saying that he's not in it is hardly a spoiler. Nor would be saying the flood weren't in Halo 5 or the original Halo wars 2 campaign. Disappointing, sure, but hardly a spoiler as I doubt anyone actually expected any of these to actually happen
Except in H5 trailer...it looked more like the Ark, isn't a planet, we saw several Guardians.
Dead? Sure....but like I said the Flood reanimate corpses, are hard to kill, usually have to be cut up into pieces. Remember the Flood have to kill the host before they take over or in some cases barely alive. So theres no reason to say we couldm't see a Flood Decimus.

Also I was refering to his campaign...but regardless its still a spoiler...its irrelevant if its in ATN or not.
Love how this post became about spoilers
Putting aside the opposing logic of what can be referred as a spoiler and what doesn't..

Who cares? Seriously the game has been out most of the year now so how is it some STILL haven't completed a campaign they care about? That's like complaining when people post on Facebook pictures of Captain America in the latest Marvel film and going "DAMMIT! I Still haven't seen the end of Captain America First Avenger so it gives away that he didn't die!" 😂
To be fair,I don't think it would have made much sense to have him in(as cool as it would have been)because he died in the base game. I'm pretty sure that this takes place a couple of months after the base game so that would mean his body was almost,if not already,decomposed. The flood wouldn't have really had a chance to infect him,and also what is the luck of them finding his body on the ark? I mean,that place is HUGE. Would be a cool little boss for terminus firefight though.
I just realized, OP is asking Flood Decimus was a thing and we said no then he gets all but hurt saying we spoiled the campaign for him. Good job.
I just realized, OP is asking Flood Decimus was a thing and we said no then he gets all but hurt saying we spoiled the campaign for him. Good job.
I wasn't the one who said they spoiled the campaign for me, that was someone else....read much?
It would be cool to have another flood boss! The juggernaut gets old
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Pvgzz wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Doesn't spoil anything?
Except in H5 trailer...it looked more like the Ark, isn't a planet, we saw several Guardians.
Dead? Sure....but like I said the Flood reanimate corpses, are hard to kill, usually have to be cut up into pieces. Remember the Flood have to kill the host before they take over or in some cases barely alive. So theres no reason to say we couldm't see a Flood Decimus.

Also I was refering to his campaign...but regardless its still a spoiler...its irrelevant if its in ATN or not.
ATN takes place months after Halo Wars 2. His body likely wouldn't have been in any condition to be infected. And if you're worried about spoilers for the originalcampaign, after its been out for months, you probably shouldn't be checking a forum discussing it. Also, regarding the Halo 5 trailer, I meant the original trailer. There's only one guardian, definitely doesn't look like the ark either.

For reference it's this one.
nuchey wrote:
It would be cool to have another flood boss! The juggernaut gets old
Im assuming your talking about the boss in the Campaign and I agree. I would've loved to see a different type of Super Unit for Flood, the Abomination is so easily to kill in my opinion my Atriox's Choosen killed it solo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2