Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Wasn't the Ark destroyed in halo 3?

OP Fhajad 084

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
The Ark was damaged during the events of Halo 3. You can read Hunters in the Dark for more info.
Spoiler:
Show

Yea the flood is still around, so is the Diadac in a battle 343 failed to tell us about, ONI thinks he is composed, but he nor the MC can be, also there are a few precursers and The primordial. So who is really the true reclaimer?Its not Cortana as she might think. The Ark is outside of all rings, protects all from them too and out of the Milkyway as well, Halo rings are only for that, yea the Arks outer core is melted but what more is there?
The Diadac is gone and irrelevant we should just let that one go. Even if he decided to come back Cortana controls all the AI forces. At best he would be able to get a bunch of ex-covenant into thinking he is a God but you can't wage war without ships.
Sorry my friend, cant speak for 343, but he isnt gone, not by alongshot. they(the DIADAC) were also split the iso n the(brain freeze). He is clearly alive and clearly saved Cortana, Id almost bet Cortana is his Ancilla too, how else would she know about the watchers, the domain, she was dead for all practical purposes. you see all this in Halo4 except the unknown battle with the MC were he compozed the Diadac, the Diadac cant be compozed, same as the MC, The flood will be in HW2 fact! Wa this the primordial or the Diadac using a biological weapon he can now be cured of which is the Flood. The MC watched Cortana die as in dead, yet here she is. how? Only answer posible, the Diadac fixed her.
No bro these are all just your opinions. Where exactly has it been stated that a the Diadac can't be composed?

If you say because he is a Forerunner that's like saying a gun salesman can't be shot because he sales guns. Unless you can back it up with an explicit lore reference that says otherwise can be composed just like any other living thing.
No they arent, they are straight from the lore as written. If they were mine, I would not have done it that way. The flood HW2, 343 answered that, ok,;~}Everything can be found on this forum, sorry but true. Please note all halo MC games are numbered1-4, but Halo 5 Guardians, The Diadac met with the last one an ancient, who accepted that the Forunners held the mantle and gave the location of all Guardians, now the Diadacs Change made him imune to composing, like the lib did for the MC. research for yoursef as I did for over a month, also the Ark is very specail, so 343 says HW2 is now real Sparton time, the flood spores were protected but they need one central brain that can span not just the milky way but universe, is from out of the galaxy just like the ark is now. can the flood make a new gravemind on the ark? Or will the primordial do it, or as Cortana says, all life and the flood is considered life it seems in the forrunner archive, even a pic of the flood in the ark is here on the forum.So is this a misunderstanding? So now the Diadac accessed the domain and the Guardians with Cortana and forrunner key. Thats were its at my friend, but it all came from 343, the game or was on the forum w\links
Spoiler:
Show

yea know what your abusing spoiler tag with made up crud, many luv Halo lore, Dropped a ring on the Diadac and the moon is green cheese, should that be a spoiler too? Ive now seen 3 entirely different thigs about the Diadac n more all mark as spoilers, not cool and even goes against known and 343 lore, Scottie gave them permision to use promethians, hope u know who that is.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
The Ark was damaged during the events of Halo 3. You can read Hunters in the Dark for more info.
Spoiler:
Show

Yea the flood is still around, so is the Diadac in a battle 343 failed to tell us about, ONI thinks he is composed, but he nor the MC can be, also there are a few precursers and The primordial. So who is really the true reclaimer?Its not Cortana as she might think. The Ark is outside of all rings, protects all from them too and out of the Milkyway as well, Halo rings are only for that, yea the Arks outer core is melted but what more is there?
The Diadac is gone and irrelevant we should just let that one go. Even if he decided to come back Cortana controls all the AI forces. At best he would be able to get a bunch of ex-covenant into thinking he is a God but you can't wage war without ships.
Sorry my friend, cant speak for 343, but he isnt gone, not by alongshot. they(the DIADAC) were also split the iso n the(brain freeze). He is clearly alive and clearly saved Cortana, Id almost bet Cortana is his Ancilla too, how else would she know about the watchers, the domain, she was dead for all practical purposes. you see all this in Halo4 except the unknown battle with the MC were he compozed the Diadac, the Diadac cant be compozed, same as the MC, The flood will be in HW2 fact! Wa this the primordial or the Diadac using a biological weapon he can now be cured of which is the Flood. The MC watched Cortana die as in dead, yet here she is. how? Only answer posible, the Diadac fixed her.
No bro these are all just your opinions. Where exactly has it been stated that a the Diadac can't be composed?

If you say because he is a Forerunner that's like saying a gun salesman can't be shot because he sales guns. Unless you can back it up with an explicit lore reference that says otherwise can be composed just like any other living thing.
No they arent, they are straight from the lore as written. If they were mine, I would not have done it that way. The flood HW2, 343 answered that, ok,;~}Everything can be found on this forum, sorry but true. Please note all halo MC games are numbered1-4, but Halo 5 Guardians, The Diadac met with the last one an ancient, who accepted that the Forunners held the mantle and gave the location of all Guardians, now the Diadacs Change made him imune to composing, like the lib did for the MC. research for yoursef as I did for over a month, also the Ark is very specail, so 343 says HW2 is now real Sparton time, the flood spores were protected but they need one central brain that can span not just the milky way but universe, is from out of the galaxy just like the ark is now. can the flood make a new gravemind on the ark? Or will the primordial do it, or as Cortana says, all life and the flood is considered life it seems in the forrunner archive, even a pic of the flood in the ark is here on the forum.So is this a misunderstanding? So now the Diadac accessed the domain and the Guardians with Cortana and forrunner key. Thats were its at my friend, but it all came from 343, the game or was on the forum w\links
Spoiler:
Show

yea know what your abusing spoiler tag with made up crud, many luv Halo lore, Dropped a ring on the Diadac and the moon is green cheese, should that be a spoiler too? Ive now seen 3 entirely different thigs about the Diadac n more all mark as spoilers, not cool and even goes against known and 343 lore, Scottie gave them permision to use promethians, hope u know who that is.
It's forum courtesy to use a spoiler tag before you discuss what has happened in a book. Because there are many people who intend to purchase said books and read them who would not appreciate knowing what is going to happen.

And my friend I'm not sure who you are even arguing with at this current moment. Like many others on this website you personally may not like a novel, comic, animation, or game. But any Halo property that was licensed by 343/Microsoft is cannon unless that same entity officially retcon's it. And you must also understand with any popular science fiction you will come across conflicting content. Look at the Elites, one moment they are too stupid for basic Engineering, the next moment they can grasp science on the level of a human with a doctorate degree, and at the next moment are blinded by honor that they are absolute fools. So you just composite all cannon sources and draw a conclusion such as there are some who only know war, there are some who are intelligent, and some are fools (like humans).

But where I'm going with this is that you have created your own version of Halo lore in your head that contradicts explicit cannon events. Example, no matter how you want to look at it the Diadac is dead......He died in Halo 4 for the non lore type people and he died again in the comics for those who wanted closure in his death. Yes, it is possible they could write him back into existence but that would first need to set for un-composing which opens up a whole new can of worms. If it's possible to un-compose him why not the other Forerunners and Ancient humans?
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
The Ark was damaged during the events of Halo 3. You can read Hunters in the Dark for more info.
Spoiler:
Show

Yea the flood is still around, so is the Diadac in a battle 343 failed to tell us about, ONI thinks he is composed, but he nor the MC can be, also there are a few precursers and The primordial. So who is really the true reclaimer?Its not Cortana as she might think. The Ark is outside of all rings, protects all from them too and out of the Milkyway as well, Halo rings are only for that, yea the Arks outer core is melted but what more is there?
The Diadac is gone and irrelevant we should just let that one go. Even if he decided to come back Cortana controls all the AI forces. At best he would be able to get a bunch of ex-covenant into thinking he is a God but you can't wage war without ships.
Sorry my friend, cant speak for 343, but he isnt gone, not by alongshot. they(the DIADAC) were also split the iso n the(brain freeze). He is clearly alive and clearly saved Cortana, Id almost bet Cortana is his Ancilla too, how else would she know about the watchers, the domain, she was dead for all practical purposes. you see all this in Halo4 except the unknown battle with the MC were he compozed the Diadac, the Diadac cant be compozed, same as the MC, The flood will be in HW2 fact! Wa this the primordial or the Diadac using a biological weapon he can now be cured of which is the Flood. The MC watched Cortana die as in dead, yet here she is. how? Only answer posible, the Diadac fixed her.
No bro these are all just your opinions. Where exactly has it been stated that a the Diadac can't be composed?

If you say because he is a Forerunner that's like saying a gun salesman can't be shot because he sales guns. Unless you can back it up with an explicit lore reference that says otherwise can be composed just like any other living thing.
No they arent, they are straight from the lore as written. If they were mine, I would not have done it that way. The flood HW2, 343 answered that, ok,;~}Everything can be found on this forum, sorry but true. Please note all halo MC games are numbered1-4, but Halo 5 Guardians, The Diadac met with the last one an ancient, who accepted that the Forunners held the mantle and gave the location of all Guardians, now the Diadacs Change made him imune to composing, like the lib did for the MC. research for yoursef as I did for over a month, also the Ark is very specail, so 343 says HW2 is now real Sparton time, the flood spores were protected but they need one central brain that can span not just the milky way but universe, is from out of the galaxy just like the ark is now. can the flood make a new gravemind on the ark? Or will the primordial do it, or as Cortana says, all life and the flood is considered life it seems in the forrunner archive, even a pic of the flood in the ark is here on the forum.So is this a misunderstanding? So now the Diadac accessed the domain and the Guardians with Cortana and forrunner key. Thats were its at my friend, but it all came from 343, the game or was on the forum w\links
Spoiler:
Show

yea know what your abusing spoiler tag with made up crud, many luv Halo lore, Dropped a ring on the Diadac and the moon is green cheese, should that be a spoiler too? Ive now seen 3 entirely different thigs about the Diadac n more all mark as spoilers, not cool and even goes against known and 343 lore, Scottie gave them permision to use promethians, hope u know who that is.
It's forum courtesy to use a spoiler tag before you discuss what has happened in a book. Because there are many people who intend to purchase said books and read them who would not appreciate knowing what is going to happen.

And my friend I'm not sure who you are even arguing with at this current moment. Like many others on this website you personally may not like a novel, comic, animation, or game. But any Halo property that was licensed by 343/Microsoft is cannon unless that same entity officially retcon's it. And you must also understand with any popular science fiction you will come across conflicting content. Look at the Elites, one moment they are too stupid for basic Engineering, the next moment they can grasp science on the level of a human with a doctorate degree, and at the next moment are blinded by honor that they are absolute fools. So you just composite all cannon sources and draw a conclusion such as there are some who only know war, there are some who are intelligent, and some are fools (like humans).

But where I'm going with this is that you have created your own version of Halo lore in your head that contradicts explicit cannon events. Example, no matter how you want to look at it the Diadac is dead......He died in Halo 4 for the non lore type people and he died again in the comics for those who wanted closure in his death. Yes, it is possible they could write him back into existence but that would first need to set for un-composing which opens up a whole new can of worms. If it's possible to un-compose him why not the other Forerunners and Ancient humans?
Thanks for the backup. I don't think the didactic was composed in Halo 4. That was a slipspace portal,
Spoiler:
Show
Vesresk wrote:
After all, the Ark was heavily damaged, not destroyed. This implies that it still has supplies of Constructor Sentinels. It can most certainly repair itself, and it has likely already done so by 2558. Sentinels are capable of self repair basically. But you know what's interesting? If you complete halo 5 on legendary(I did it alone, in fact I completed all halo games on legendary alone) you can find a cut scene of a halo ring at the end of the credits. After its said destruction at the end of the Battle of Installation 04, the Ark started to construct a replacement for Installation 04. 343 Guilty Spark is the Monitor assigned to this Installation. Since halo wars takes place after the events of halo 5, perhaps the ark mostly repaired itself and reconstructed Installation 04. That's probably the ring we saw at the end of the credits of halo 5.
Yeah, there is an awesome story to it.
.
The ARK was damaged. The "Gates" on the "Pens" on the ark were opened due to this and the animals and prometheans were free to roam. These conditions plus the weather could have a large effect on Halo Wars 2. Read Hunters in the Dark for more info
What I'm wondering is how the Spirit of Fire even got to the Ark. It's way outside the galaxy and they were traveling at sublight speeds. So they wouldn't have made it anywhere near the Ark, nor the edge of the galaxy fornthat matter, drifting at such slow speeds, even after 28 years.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
The Ark was damaged during the events of Halo 3. You can read Hunters in the Dark for more info.
Spoiler:
Show

Yea the flood is still around, so is the Diadac in a battle 343 failed to tell us about, ONI thinks he is composed, but he nor the MC can be, also there are a few precursers and The primordial. So who is really the true reclaimer?Its not Cortana as she might think. The Ark is outside of all rings, protects all from them too and out of the Milkyway as well, Halo rings are only for that, yea the Arks outer core is melted but what more is there?
The Diadac is gone and irrelevant we should just let that one go. Even if he decided to come back Cortana controls all the AI forces. At best he would be able to get a bunch of ex-covenant into thinking he is a God but you can't wage war without ships.
Sorry my friend, cant speak for 343, but he isnt gone, not by alongshot. they(the DIADAC) were also split the iso n the(brain freeze). He is clearly alive and clearly saved Cortana, Id almost bet Cortana is his Ancilla too, how else would she know about the watchers, the domain, she was dead for all practical purposes. you see all this in Halo4 except the unknown battle with the MC were he compozed the Diadac, the Diadac cant be compozed, same as the MC, The flood will be in HW2 fact! Wa this the primordial or the Diadac using a biological weapon he can now be cured of which is the Flood. The MC watched Cortana die as in dead, yet here she is. how? Only answer posible, the Diadac fixed her.
No bro these are all just your opinions. Where exactly has it been stated that a the Diadac can't be composed?

If you say because he is a Forerunner that's like saying a gun salesman can't be shot because he sales guns. Unless you can back it up with an explicit lore reference that says otherwise can be composed just like any other living thing.
No they arent, they are straight from the lore as written. If they were mine, I would not have done it that way. The flood HW2, 343 answered that, ok,;~}Everything can be found on this forum, sorry but true. Please note all halo MC games are numbered1-4, but Halo 5 Guardians, The Diadac met with the last one an ancient, who accepted that the Forunners held the mantle and gave the location of all Guardians, now the Diadacs Change made him imune to composing, like the lib did for the MC. research for yoursef as I did for over a month, also the Ark is very specail, so 343 says HW2 is now real Sparton time, the flood spores were protected but they need one central brain that can span not just the milky way but universe, is from out of the galaxy just like the ark is now. can the flood make a new gravemind on the ark? Or will the primordial do it, or as Cortana says, all life and the flood is considered life it seems in the forrunner archive, even a pic of the flood in the ark is here on the forum.So is this a misunderstanding? So now the Diadac accessed the domain and the Guardians with Cortana and forrunner key. Thats were its at my friend, but it all came from 343, the game or was on the forum w\links
I'm not sure what I just read. You just created your own events that didn't happen

Once again, source the Diadac becoming immune to composing.

Source the Primordial being alive. Actually I will do it for you. "the Didact, enraged about the revelation, fully activated the reverse stasis chamber, forcing an artificial decay process equivalent to a billion years to transpire over the course of several seconds, killing the Primordial, and breaking its body down to a state of complete physical entropy" This is after it which is a Gravemind told him that the Forerunners were not special and the humans were meant to have the mantle.

And you are aware that the Forerunners made the Guardians right...
Ask the primordial, an ancient evil lies buried deep in the ground of Sanghelios, I think ur right about the Guardians but the primordial is thee 1st ancient human, the game nor lore clearly states who made them, just as the forruner keys or them since the forrunners got them from a very old servant or keeper of the primordial (the answer is in a book I recently bought n read on amazon, the book is approved by 343 and MS, The precursers were as advanced as them so who knew is now dead excetp for the 1st human, the primordial.I read the book so I have to pass but it seems so,;~}Buy the book, its the approved lore n good read, $9.99 on download, $19.99 hard back, I got the hard back,;~}
You obviously don't know your lore if you think the primordial is the first ancient human. The primordial was the last of the precursors and the first flood gravemind.

P.S. Learn gramatical structure your arguments make no sence.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
The Ark was damaged during the events of Halo 3. You can read Hunters in the Dark for more info.
Spoiler:
Show

thank you for this, i was wondering which book would cover it.
Halo wars takes place before any of the HALOS out they are what happened far before
Not Halo Wars 2 - it is canon that it takes place directly after the events of Halo 5
If Installation 04b,
Spoiler:
Show
As others said the Ark was severally damaged and not destroyed. This explains why the Ark looks nothing like we saw in Halo 3 with all the new shiny metals! The Ark is in a way very new from all the repairs.

i never really understood why they set off the ring anyways. I mean the flood were stranded on the ark. They had already consumed all the biological life they could have; it would only be a matter of time until the sentinel swarms, retriever sentinels, and other Ark defenses wiped out all the flood; or at the very least contained the flood in a quarantine zone.

setting off the ring does nothing anyways because as we know “The rings don’t kill the flood, it kills there food” but they had already consumed all the “food” on the Ark so why set off the ring?
What I'm wondering is how the Spirit of Fire even got to the Ark. It's way outside the galaxy and they were traveling at sublight speeds. So they wouldn't have made it anywhere near the Ark, nor the edge of the galaxy fornthat matter, drifting at such slow speeds, even after 28 years.
They used the powers of the 343 writing staff Lol
It makes no sense why they even have shiny new metals in The Ark when they are in the middle of nowhere (Over 200,000 lightyears away from the Milky Way center), and even with The Ark severely damaged, it makes no sense as to why any sentinels survived a fire like that, and the reason why they set off the ring is to stop the flood from infecting the galaxy, Cortana's quote is not entirely canonical, at least not anymore.
Swilie wrote:
It makes no sense why they even have shiny new metals in The Ark when they are in the middle of nowhere (Over 200,000 lightyears away from the Milky Way center), and even with The Ark severely damaged, it makes no sense as to why any sentinels survived a fire like that, and the reason why they set off the ring is to stop the flood from infecting the galaxy, Cortana's quote is not entirely canonical, at least not anymore.
But the flood was trapped on the Ark, how would they take over the galaxy? Surely all the senti led and retriever sentinels could have at the very least contained the grave mind and flood.

As for the new materials and sentinels there are two options:

1. The Ark used the planet at the center of the ark to repair itself. Mining it for more materials and rebuilding sentinels to rebuilds itself.

2. Sentinels teleported from other forerunner installations (or travelled to Earth to use the portal) and repaired the Ark. They could have also brought materials with them.
Halo wars takes place before any of the HALOS out they are what happened far before
uhhhhhh no hw2 takes place current halo 5 time
SableVENOM wrote:
Onyx you should spoilertag that.

Also no, like the others pointed out The Ark was not destroyed but merely damaged.
why should he tag that spoiler? If you read the title of this forum, I think you would be smart enough to understand,"hey, this stuff is related to the ark in some way so I should not enter this if I don't want the story spoiled".
1. With the ring firing, wouldn't the planet get destroyed?

2. How could the sentinels even get there? Even if they got to the Ark while Master Chief was going to the Ark, wouldn't they go out with the Ark? And also in the end of Halo 3, the portal collapsed just as the Frigate went through with the Frigate being spilt in half, so I don't know how they could even get there.
Swilie wrote:
1. With the ring firing, wouldn't the planet get destroyed?
Halo's don't destroy planets, they kill off creatures with advanced nervous systems.

Swilie wrote:
2. How could the sentinels even get there? Even if they got to the Ark while Master Chief was going to the Ark, wouldn't they go out with the Ark? And also in the end of Halo 3, the portal collapsed just as the Frigate went through with the Frigate being spilt in half, so I don't know how they could even get there.
The Ark has its own portal generator, which is used to deploy rings that are destroyed. It's also what was probably used to draw the Spirit of Fire to the Ark.
1. The Halo ring was unfinished and it was shown to be shattering into pieces by Halo 3 and with an unstable fire like that, it seems hard to believe that it wouldn't destroy the planet.

2. The Ark was severely damaged by the end of Halo 3, so it's hard to believe how the generator could function.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4