Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Ways to show Cutter some love

OP professorxsmurf

Captain Cutter has been either "meh" or terrible since the dawn of halo wars 2. The buffs to his Jerome that was previously the worst hero in the game was well needed but he still greatly under preforms in the late game. At this point its either win early with him or you lose. An idea I have would be to replace his turret drop with a 2 tiered Mac blast in his 9 o'clock leader powers. It would give him the Mac blast that made him so iconic in Wars 1 and quickly make him a more than capable late game leader. However this may buff him a bit too much, but still no where near the level of leaders such as Decimus or Anders. I'm interested to hear if you guys think this is good or too much and if you have any other ideas.
Idk if that's a great answer as next up in the skill tree is a similar ability but if cheap enough might help solve a problem I discuss next. Since his design currently is early game pressure, what makes him fall behind in my opinion is the lack of tools to force set backs. Buildings are difficult to destroy even with flamers but you ens up trading pretty terribly. Hos late game issues are in the leader abilities as all they really do is add units to the field or a really expensive fighting position that can be shot down. I made a suggeation on another post but my opinion is to let flamers do more damage or bring odst charges back in a position to snipe single target buildings (not the whole base like early in this games history)
That first sentence isn't accurate. There were points in time where Cutter was one of the best in the game.
That first sentence isn't accurate. There were points in time where Cutter was one of the best in the game.
Correct, Season 1 and part of season 2 before the leader power (referring to the the reduction in how fast points were generated), Banished unit buffs, and hero changes were implemented. I was not very active in the middle seasons so can't comment on those.
I think having a hero unit that is actually worth it's cost in addition to some buffs to CAS and Cutter would be better off than he his now.
Reworking his Hero into a Sniper style would be pretty great, probably wouldn't happen but it'd be cool.
True very early seasons and the time when his ODST’s were buffed definitely had him over the top but the buff for ODST’s was taken back completely instead of just scaled back. But even then, his late game has always been the problem.
I think his hero unit should be ODST's (Spearbreaker squad) instead of Spartan Jerome since we have Commander Jerome already.

I also think he should have the elephant back as a transport unit. Just like Jerome has the mastodons, Pavium has the Wraith Invaders, heck even Arbiter has the Phantoms. I feel like it would only be right lol.
I would just make his close air support stronger.
Cutter is the only leader I hate having in this game... IMO a bad version of Anders/Jerome but I agree that for a rush he can be decent.
Buff the health on CAS and buff ODSTs a bit would probably be a good starting point.
I think having a hero unit that is actually worth it's cost in addition to some buffs to CAS and Cutter would be better off than he his now.
Close air Support either needs a huge health increase or to be immune until they begin circling. As it is currently, Their health is so low they are normally shot down before they even can get any shots off, And frankly if they do get any shots off, The rockets suck so bad compared to the explosive minigun (?).
If leaders that are OP are nerfed as they need, I think Cutter should be fine, or maybe need some minor tweaks
How about replacing his hero with a stronger version of the elephant from halo wars one? Each upgrade would allow different units to be purchased from the elephant. This could make his early game really good by parking a marine factory on your opponents door step
Tbh I thought I was the only one who was saying cas needed a buff but my friend was telling me it was designed to to destroy a base defense that’s saying if said player actually has turrets.

but imo I’d rather have kansano base strip inferno over cas because cas can be countered with just spamming watch towers which I think is a bit underwhelming expecally if it just cost me 1500 blue to use kansano 600/600 base strip tho you do need something along with the inferno but imo I think it’s more effective. Just my opinion

eithee make cas last longer and or cut the price of it I don’t see ppl taking atriox eradication like it didn’t cost anything. I also don’t see ppl taking the deci drop y ability imo cas is a joke for what it cost and the time it takes to come back.