Skip to main content
Well I had a idea which could really change up the game play and the way the game works. I was thinking what if the game gave you the player some sort of way to customize for their unit could, for example what if you could make it so where in stead of have your marines start off with assault rifles you could make it where they had dmrs or brs each weapon having its advantages and disadvantages like dmrs would have a high damage layout but a slow fire rate this wouldn't be for just marines either so it could be for scorpions, wolverines, Cobras, and any other units I thought it could have skins for your units like the honor guard wraith and a tank system like regular halos and a unlock system like halo 4 if anyone wants to give this to the feedback program go for it just make sure to give me some credit because I'm not 18 yet
Thats a really good idea, I hope they allow you to customize Spartans too, you build your own custom team
Thats a good idea
I would like to customize indiduval units in detail
Yeah that would be nice.
If you play Halo 5 the customization of your Spartan is less than that of Halo Reach, two games before it. To say that 343i will give a super level of customization to Halo Wars 2 is just a bit ludicrous. The closest thing I can think of for your idea is implementing different unit types for each unit. Marines with subtypes of weapons and squad sizes. The lower the squad size, the more powerful the weapons system (rocket launcher, etc). Spartans could be given anything.
If you play Halo 5 the customization of your Spartan is less than that of Halo Reach, two games before it. To say that 343i will give a super level of customization to Halo Wars 2 is just a bit ludicrous. The closest thing I can think of for your idea is implementing different unit types for each unit. Marines with subtypes of weapons and squad sizes. The lower the squad size, the more powerful the weapons system (rocket launcher, etc). Spartans could be given anything.
I don't think it's fair to compare an RTS to an FPS in terms of customization. For an RTS any customization would be an increase compared to the past.
I think it's a good idea, but should be very basic. Just shotgun, assault rifle and sniper for marines (short, med, long range). For Spartans it should be SMGs, chaingun and splaser
I don't think it's fair to compare an RTS to an FPS in terms of customization. For an RTS any customization would be an increase compared to the past.
It has to, or sales suffer majorly, because if you don't at least increase options for number of unit types, no RTS fan will be happy.
Thats a really good idea, I hope they allow you to customize Spartans too, you build your own custom team
i would agree with that, n i would hope that they would let also have more than 3 spartans, n let uses have free use of changing the spartans weapons instead of them having the same weapons, like if you make blue team just for the fun of it, kelly carries a shotgun, linda carries sniper rifle, fred a dmr, n john his Assualt rifle.
We need ship battles and mega units now. That will help.
Well I had a idea which could really change up the game play and the way the game works. I was thinking what if the game gave you the player some sort of way to customize for their unit could, for example what if you could make it so where in stead of have your marines start off with assault rifles you could make it where they had dmrs or brs each weapon having its advantages and disadvantages like dmrs would have a high damage layout but a slow fire rate this wouldn't be for just marines either so it could be for scorpions, wolverines, Cobras, and any other units I thought it could have skins for your units like the honor guard wraith and a tank system like regular halos and a unlock system like halo 4 if anyone wants to give this to the feedback program go for it just make sure to give me some credit because I'm not 18 yet
If they include Halo Wars 2 in the Feedback schedule then I was going to argue for something like this anyway.
Everyone has always wanted the footsoldiers to be upgraded like the Turrets on bases with alternative weapons.
I believe this would make most sense the troops had the 3 options like turrets had for anti-vehicle, anti-air and anti-infantry. Or as you said Long, Medium and CQC. This would be plausible for balancing reasons.

My example being for Marines:

Anti-Air: Assault rifles & Rocket launchers
Anti Vehicles: Battle Rifles & Rail-guns
Anti Infantry: SMGs & Shotguns

What does anyone think?
BushidoUK wrote:
If they include Halo Wars 2 in the Feedback schedule then I was going to argue for something like this anyway.
Everyone has always wanted the footsoldiers to be upgraded like the Turrets on bases with alternative weapons.
I believe this would make most sense the troops had the 3 options like turrets had for anti-vehicle, anti-air and anti-infantry. Or as you said Long, Medium and CQC. This would be plausible for balancing reasons.

My example being for Marines:

Anti-Air: Assault rifles & Rocket launchers
Anti Vehicles: Battle Rifles & Rail-guns
Anti Infantry: SMGs & Shotguns

What does anyone think?
That partially doesn't make sense because AR are close quarters and BR are long range precision weapons that work best against infantry. Of course if they did implement something it would be along the lines like all the options for Halo 5 loadout weapons(longer range, more vehicle damage, slightly more stealth(harder unit detection).
Well they can't have all he new fancy weapons we see in Halo 5 like the Hydra, Railgun, M57 Rocket Launcher, etc because they weren't created until later. So unless the Spirit Of Fire goes to a UNSC base and acquire those weapons, they won't be in the game. And the Hydra and Railgun aren't even usable by Marines anyways, they're both too bulky.
ok i like it.
I think that's a bad idea if each gun would have different damage outputs. That would be way too random for gameplay. Make it so you can customize the guns, but for cosmetic effect only.