Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

What about auto disperse?

OP TheHinge

When someone does a power, it is difficult to gather your men and evade. An automatic disperse where all the units scatter randomly outward could help get out of the way, yet allow some damage from the special ability.
No, that would be taking skill out of a game that already doesn't require much.
I'd really rather have a minimap and sound notification whenever someone uses a leader power. I look away for half a second and someone drops an erad on my entire army, it gets old.
Do you guys play on Xbox or PC?
TheHinge wrote:
I play on PC. Splitting isn't a problem for me but there's only so much you can do against the beam. Other LP's are pretty easy to avoid though.
TheHinge wrote:
Xbox, and I assume Cars is as well.

Personally I thought a lot on this, and as has been said all this would do is make a small skill gap even smaller, so I'd like to avoid it.
Would disagree on this, though for a different reason then skill. The units would likely never go in a completely random way, only a predictable pattern that would eventually be countered.
I'm an Xbox user and I heavily disagree on this aswell, takes over half the skill of micro out of the game and makes a majority of the powers useless.
this would make many leader powers almost useless.
Ive played against AI and seen how the AI automatically disperses its units. I have put the ability directly in the middle of the AI unit horde and not a single one was hit.
AI can give each unit an order to move to the nearest safe spot.
I would actually go the other way, and make it so that by default you cant even see if the enemy is using a leader power. Why should you?.
1) Make it so that using leader powers would not show the "icons/area of effect" to the enemy
2) If a detection unit is present nearby then the enemy can see the leader power area of effect.
Rather have the d-bomb back ☺
I'd really rather have a minimap and sound notification whenever someone uses a leader power. I look away for half a second and someone drops an erad on my entire army, it gets old.
Glassing Beam t2 and t1 are not broken but they will take a chunk out of my army or wipe it for simple looking away for 2 secs or 3 secs. I agree that having a notification for such a thing would help alot. Maybe exceptions for abilities like mines, burnout, and drops. Yaps please Don't Shoot Me is very obvious when used as well so its a good exception as well.