Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

What do you think of the New balance fixes?

OP Saints14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
SWAT 79 wrote:
Saints14 wrote:
As a Cutter Main, with the huge Nerf/death to the marine! Why in hell would you NERF the ODSTs??????
  1. You can only drop them in
  2. With a cool down time to drop more
  3. you get three squads. Three squads
What?? Like seriously they were not abused, or couldn't be abused especially now marines are dead. Seriously a sad day

Quote:
ODSTs cost increased from 600 to 800, HP slightly decrease
This x 100. Confused the hell out of me. Cutter has nothing late game and can't produce any leader specific units, so why change that?

I agreed with a lot of the Banished Buffs, but am really surprised at the Marine nerf as well as the ODST change. Cutter is very weak late game and both of these things will contribute to a bigger discrepancy.
Cutter has nothing?

Close air support...

Lets break down ODSTs in terms of resources.

A fully upgraded marine squad costs 150 so 3 cost 450.

An ODST drop cost 800, almost twice the cost. However, ODST has no build time, so you get instant value out of your spent resources. Can be deployed anywhere, so you don't have to worry about travel time from base to wherever you need them, and an instant stun on any units it drops on, charges which are devastating to buildings, and are permanent, so they meld right into your army.

That's a lot of value for 350 additional resources.

They are still damn useful, just more expensive for the value.
This update is going to make Grizzlies ridiculous mid-late game. Forge players majority of the time rush to get them and that is usually around the 10 minute mark. They're already hell to deal with as is so idk why they need a buff.
This update is going to make Grizzlies ridiculous mid-late game. Forge players majority of the time rush to get them and that is usually around the 10 minute mark. They're already hell to deal with as is so idk why they need a buff.
Agreed, with the hunter, Cyclops, marine, ODST nerf, with all tank/wraith buffed. It has turned back into a tank game. The damned call in 3 Grizzlies is so over powered. 1st off lore say's grizzlies are terrible with transporting them around. But one transport carrying three!!!!!!!

• Buff ODST's
  • Or shorten ODST drop cooldown
  • Make ODST leader ability upgradable to drop to 5 squad drop
Christ almighty! I just remembered that Isabel and Forge have Combat Salvage. Couple that with Forge getting Grizzlies and Isabel giving Tanks shields and this game is going to start to feel a lot like Halo Wars 1. People insta-rushing to tanks while turtling up with Siege Turrets and artillery and building just enough counter units to not get run off the map smh...

In a week's time, we'll be seeing "Grizzlies OP!" all over the forum with the inevitable try hard poster saying "GitGuud. It's your fault for letting them get Grizzlies, bro." while he's sleeping in his mom's garage eating Pizza Rolls for breakfast, lunch and dinner..
Saints14 wrote:
Only thing I don't agree with is turret damage! I had to deal with my first two turtlers any combo of siege turrets and artillery units it was really tough. Took 90 minutes to finally win.
That is honestly a good win. I turtled a lot in halo wars 1 the goal is to make the enemy team quit or til you have a three star scarab/ 13 star wolverine and just wreck all there bases
Christ almighty! I just remembered that Isabel and Forge have Combat Salvage. Couple that with Forge getting Grizzlies and Isabel giving Tanks shields and this game is going to start to feel a lot like Halo Wars 1. People insta-rushing to tanks while turtling up with Siege Turrets and artillery and building just enough counter units to not get run off the map smh...

In a week's time, we'll be seeing "Grizzlies OP!" all over the forum with the inevitable try hard poster saying "GitGuud. It's your fault for letting them get Grizzlies, bro." while he's sleeping in his mom's garage eating Pizza Rolls for breakfast, lunch and dinner..
Combat salvage pairs better with vultures than it ever will with tanks or grizzlies; but yes they would benefit from it too.
Everything I wanted! Game is gonna be sweet now!
If grizzlies are going to be buffed, then Cyclops and Hunters should not be nerfed. I imagine only 4 grizzles will be enough destroy entire armies unless the opponent is doing the same thing.
I want Alice-130, Douglas-042 and Jerome-092 to be nerfed. They are in my opinion way too strong compared to their counterparts: Atriox/Decimus. Especially in Blitz; their groundpound ability can: 1) hijack any vehicle/aircraft and one-shot it, or 2) attack infantry and deal huge damage (half of Atriox The Chosen's HP). In comparison, Atriox has no ability he can perform and he is also very slow which means he can't possibly dodge the groundpound from happening. If Jerome, Alice or Douglas faces Atriox they can either take out half of Atriox HP and slowly kill him off, or hijack a vehicle which works as a shield and is effective against Atriox.

The ability buffer is way too quick to recover. A likely scenario that can happen: the enemy makes a small attack and plays Jerome (with rush characteristic) and quickly takes over my Lockdown Scorpion (BOOM, there goes my 150-card), and is shielded by it and takes out of a bunch of my troops.Hey, you can easily counter it right? Bring a Vulture to the mix? The Vulture cost 140 resources to produce, it arrives and destroys the tank with the missile ability but not the spartan, and while this happens his ability buffer has conveniently recovered so he hijacks the Vulture. And so it goes on and on. Another obstacle to defeat with anti-air units.

I think it would be healthy to slow down his hijack ability or perhaps limit it to once per use (per card). Given in context, Atriox cost 210 resources (Jerome 220) and has no ability he can exploit to infinity.

I guess you could counter it; if you see a spartan running around on the field and mass-produce anti-infantry units, but they will likely be killed of either way (spartans are effective against all units) and with all spartans shield characteristics they can quickly recover from a few set-backs. What you need to do is force the player to use the groundpound on a infantry/weakling and then strike him with vehicles and anti-infantry. And even if you do, you won't manage to defeat him/her before the hijack ability returns to shield him/her again.. And more often than not, they can simply spawn the spartan on my strongest vehicle/aircraft (especially with Jerome) and take it over to turn the tide of the battle. That is something you can't possibly dodge.

So perhaps, limit the hijack ability to once per use, but remain the groundpound attack (nerf it a bit). Or make Atriox as powerful by adding eradication as an ability (UNSC playersare gonna love it).
I want Alice-130, Douglas-042 and Jerome-092 to be nerfed. They are in my opinion way too strong compared to their counterparts:
If you really want to get in this P2W -Yoink- show called Blitz, then maybe you should listen to this other guy: 'Get a decent job so you can pay too!'
I've been Atriox since day -4. I've enjoyed turtling with cheap turrets. I'll be abusing this fortunate turn of events.
I want Alice-130, Douglas-042 and Jerome-092 to be nerfed. They are in my opinion way too strong compared to their counterparts: Atriox/Decimus. Especially in Blitz; their groundpound ability can: 1) hijack any vehicle/aircraft and one-shot it, or 2) attack infantry and deal huge damage (half of Atriox The Chosen's HP). In comparison, Atriox has no ability he can perform and he is also very slow which means he can't possibly dodge the groundpound from happening. If Jerome, Alice or Douglas faces Atriox they can either take out half of Atriox HP and slowly kill him off, or hijack a vehicle which works as a shield and is effective against Atriox.The ability buffer is way too quick to recover. A likely scenario that can happen: the enemy makes a small attack and plays Jerome (with rush characteristic) and quickly takes over my Lockdown Scorpion (BOOM, there goes my 150-card), and is shielded by it and takes out of a bunch of my troops.Hey, you can easily counter it right? Bring a Vulture to the mix? The Vulture cost 140 resources to produce, it arrives and destroys the tank with the missile ability but not the spartan, and while this happens his ability buffer has conveniently recovered so he hijacks the Vulture. And so it goes on and on. Another obstacle to defeat with anti-air units.
I think it would be healthy to slow down his hijack ability or perhaps limit it to once per use (per card). Given in context, Atriox cost 210 resources (Jerome 220) and has no ability he can exploit to infinity.I guess you could counter it; if you see a spartan running around on the field and mass-produce anti-infantry units, but they will likely be killed of either way (spartans are effective against all units) and with all spartans shield characteristics they can quickly recover from a few set-backs. What you need to do is force the player to use the groundpound on a infantry/weakling and then strike him with vehicles and anti-infantry. And even if you do, you won't manage to defeat him/her before the hijack ability returns to shield him/her again.. And more often than not, they can simply spawn the spartan on my strongest vehicle/aircraft (especially with Jerome) and take it over to turn the tide of the battle. That is something you can't possibly dodge.So perhaps, limit the hijack ability to once per use, but remain the groundpound attack (nerf it a bit). Or make Atriox as powerful by adding eradication as an ability (UNSC playersare gonna love it).
Spartans are easy to take out and slow in DM. They are a single unit. Just have to pick them out of a crowd. Agreed Atriox and Decimic units needs a buff in DM
I've been Atriox since day -4. I've enjoyed turtling with cheap turrets. I'll be abusing this fortunate turn of events.
Yeah turrets are a terrible strategy. Need to be kept the same or nerfed. They should be MINOR base defence
JELLIS32 wrote:
SWAT 79 wrote:
Saints14 wrote:
As a Cutter Main, with the huge Nerf/death to the marine! Why in hell would you NERF the ODSTs??????
What?? Like seriously they were not abused, or couldn't be abused especially now marines are dead. Seriously a sad day

Quote:
This x 100. Confused the hell out of me. Cutter has nothing late game and can't produce any leader specific units, so why change that?

I agreed with a lot of the Banished Buffs, but am really surprised at the Marine nerf as well as the ODST change. Cutter is very weak late game and both of these things will contribute to a bigger discrepancy.
Cutter has nothing?

Close air support...

An ODST drop cost 800, almost twice the cost. However, ODST has no build time, so you get instant value out of your spent resources. Can be deployed anywhere, so you don't have to worry about travel time from base to wherever you need them, and an instant stun on any units it drops on, charges which are devastating to buildings, and are permanent, so they meld right into your army.

But it has a long cooldown, now less HP.
Atriox leader powers NEED A SERIOUS nerf. His destruction beam is so OP it's ridiculous.

Since the update, I've played the most ridiculous games. Cutter is so under powered that at this point there's really no point in playing as him. Atriox is far and away the best leader in the game, and without a nerf he is just as bad as Anders and Forge.

This is what we thought would happen though. Unnecessary nerf's to Cutter, some necessary buffs to banished without taking into account their OP leader powers (which I've been saying all along), yet the constant whining and complaining has brought this about.

EDIT: This is a joke. Lost 3 of 4 to Banished. Entirely too OP.
I definitely respect it, you have so many advantages now that you should have no trouble at all!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Saints14 wrote:
JELLIS32 wrote:
SWAT 79 wrote:
Saints14 wrote:

Quote:

Cutter has nothing?

Close air support...

But it has a long cooldown, now less HP.
And still all of the utility with no change in cooldown.
they should nerf nade i get that but dont touch marine basic dps they are core unit meant to be usefull even in mid-late game not just a tank vs tank battles thats not even fun
People actually want Atriox buffed? His unit alone can easily kill marines like they are literally nothing. You wanna stop a marine rush how bout a splash damage brute shot firing tank, kill 5 marine squads at once. Decimus sure buff that guy.

I'm still surprised they didn't buff AA in the fact you can't even build enough of them to counter any sort of full air. Plus on top of that they nerfed marines dps.... The buffs to tanks are going to have to be insane to counter that. Given tanks currently are not even worth the ground they are sitting on.

No mention of fixing shell canister either just that they buffed the AoE radius. The majority of the time it doesn't even fire.

Also am I the only one that actually wants to see real numbers here? Not just with lowered this and raised this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4