Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

What grinds my HW gears: HELLbringers

OP Saints14

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok, who in their right mind thought in both HW1-2 that flamethrowers were a good idea. Look to the present day warfare there aren't many uses for flamethrowers on the modern battle field. WWII saw use of them for bunker/base clearing etc.

But in 2552 lets bring in units that runs at aliens that have energy weapons, energy swords and shields, to try to burn their faces off with fire.

Snipers with mini rail guns and cloaking, YES! Flamethrowers NO.

Fix: Flamethrowers should
  • have longer straighter flame reach (like a fire hose)
  • explode and does area damage, upon death
  • Fire that sticks to the ground and lasts there damaging units standing on them
  • sticks to enemy units and does lasting burn
  • Has FIRE GRENADES from halo 3!!!!!!! (Y ability upgrade)
I think a fire grenade would be good to make up for their slow speed.

A great fix and add to the story is the genius idea of mech flamethrowers like Kinsano! *NameSpelling?
Flame throwers are awesome.
End of story.
No questions asked.
Who does not like playing with fire?
Am I right?

burning half your living room on fire after learning what matches are...
Saints14 wrote:
Ok, who in their right mind thought in both HW1-2 that flamethrowers were a good idea. Look to the present day warfare there aren't many uses for flamethrowers on the modern battle field. WWII saw use of them for bunker/base clearing etc.

But in 2552 lets bring in units that runs at aliens that have energy weapons, energy swords and shields, to try to burn their faces off with fire.

• Fire that sticks to the ground and lasts there damaging units standing on them
A great fix and add to the story is the genius idea of mech flamethrowers like Kinsano! *NameSpelling?
Hellbringers use flashbangs and kill them when they are blind though :S
Saints14 wrote:

I enjoy the Flamethrowers. I think they should add fire grenades as well as Flamethrower units explode for AOE damage
They will pretty much be addressed when kinsano launches. I would love to see them have a special ability as it feels weird how some units have one where others don't. The flame grenade would be awesome or even if they just gave them flashbangs back.

Imagine halo wars 1 falmethrowers noe, there would be no such thing as marine rushing
Hellbringers need to be more durable. They're way too fragile for what little range they have.
Fire grenade? No thanks, marines are already OP with grenades. Flashbang would be better.
Hellbringers need to be more durable. They're way too fragile for what little range they have.
In all seriousness you can only buff a unit health that is two men with a giant tank of gas on their back.
Fire grenade? No thanks, marines are already OP with grenades. Flashbang would be better.
Why no fire grenade? I think it would be cool and a throwback to H3. Anyways I have a feeling a bunch of units will be balanced tomorrow. For your hatred of the marine grenade.
Saints14 wrote:
In all seriousness you can only buff a unit health that is two men with a giant tank of gas on their back.
Why no fire grenade? I think it would be cool and a throwback to H3. Anyways I have a feeling a bunch of units will be balanced tomorrow. For your hatred of the marine grenade.
No fire grenade because they had flashbangs, not fire grenades
I think the Hellbringers are a little too useless. They feel underpowered, slow, and weak.
CRISTIAMUZ wrote:
I think the Hellbringers are a little too useless. They feel underpowered, slow, and weak.
So my buff idea is to give them a fire grenade to make up for the speed. You can't buff their armor, nor health, maybe give them a three man squad. But FIRE grenades!
Saints14 wrote:
Fire worked well against the Xenomorphs. /shrug
Hmm if you aren't a fan of the fire, you may not like Kinsano when she comes out. :) She and her abilities/units are very fire-centric. But you may be happy to know that there are some balance adjustments coming in the next patch (with Kinsano) and one of the changes is some nice buffs to Hellbringers! I'll be posting details in the next day or two.
I love playing with fire. Especially in HW2, as there are 3 fire starters instead of the previous 2 from HW1. Would be even cooler if there was some sort of flame hog. Reminds me of that guitar player from Mad Max spewing out fire from his guitar xD
ske7ch wrote:
Hmm if you aren't a fan of the fire, you may not like Kinsano when she comes out. :) She and her abilities/units are very fire-centric. But you may be happy to know that there are some balance adjustments coming in the next patch (with Kinsano) and one of the changes is some nice buffs to Hellbringers! I'll be posting details in the next day or two.
I am extremely excited for all the new leaders! Especially Kinsano, I just thought it would be a cool nod to H3 with the fire grenades, and to help make up for Hellbringers speed, as in snipers are pretty amazing anti-infantry (I love the blue laser designator).
I love playing with fire. Especially in HW2, as there are 3 fire starters instead of the previous 2 from HW1. Would be even cooler if there was some sort of flame hog. Reminds me of that guitar player from Mad Max spewing out fire from his guitar xD
You'll love this youtube clip then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0UYIKJr6E&feature=youtu.be
Saints14 wrote:
ske7ch wrote:
I am extremely excited for all the new leaders! Especially Kinsano, I just thought it would be a cool nod to H3 with the fire grenades, and to help make up for Hellbringers speed, as in snipers are pretty amazing anti-infantry (I love the blue laser designator).
You'll love this youtube clip then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0UYIKJr6E&feature=youtu.be
Holy -Yoink-, my prayers have been answered. Hallelujah
Firebats are pretty epic in StarCraft
I rationalized them in Halo Wars 1 as an 'anti flood unit' in the campaign. They only other time we saw flamethrowers in halo war against the flood in Halo 3 so it made sense. Against the banished it does seem pretty silly. I was actually hoping and pushing for Cyclops suits to have a melee arc welder repair/ anti vehicle attack that could be upgraded to flamethrower range (more like a melta from Warhammer) and late-game napalm grenade mortars.
komunga wrote:
Firebats are pretty epic in StarCraft
But they work. The Hellbringers in my games seem to be pretty useless at almost everything.
As someone who mains Cutter i'd like to see Snipers in Tier 2 and Marines with less building damage. I just can't picture Hellbringers ever being used whilst Snipers are Tier 1. If they reduced Marines building damage i'd throw a few in for early harassment/rushes, but as it stands a Marine + Sniper combo is just more versatile and won't leave you too open to unexpected surprises.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2