Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

What if i told you making a scarab makes u a noob?

OP RAGEQUIT U JOKE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
i can defeat a scarab pretty easily, I will also guarantee your base will destroyed long before you can even have a scarab built.
Message me if you think you can defeat a scarab rush.
What? Lol. I could kill your base in 3 minutes, while you stack supply pads to build you scarab. LTP.
What? Lol. I could kill your base in 3 minutes, while you stack supply pads to build you scarab. LTP.
Which is exactly why there is no such thing as a "Scarab rush." A rush is classified as an attack before 4 minutes into the game. There is no way you can get out a Scarab that quickly.
If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
Demax7 wrote:
If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
Lol you literally copied my response.
Kivell wrote:
Demax7 wrote:
<----------first
msq2 wrote:
i can defeat a scarab pretty easily, I will also guarantee your base will destroyed long before you can even have a scarab built.
Which is exactly why there is no such thing as a "Scarab rush." A rush is classified as an attack before 4 minutes into the game. There is no way you can get out a Scarab that quickly.
Send a message to my gamertag and try it out.
msq2 wrote:
I'm i can defeat a scarab pretty easily, I will also guarantee your base will destroyed long before you can even have a scarab built.
Just looking at your profile gives me absolute certainty that you're a casual. So no.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
msq2 wrote:
I'll be on in a couple hours, I'll send you a game invite, team 3s, 2's, or 1v1?
msq2 wrote:
msq2 wrote:
I'll be on in a couple hours, I'll send you a game invite, team 3s, 2's, or 1v1?
3 vs. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
msq2 wrote:
I'm i can defeat a scarab pretty easily, I will also guarantee your base will destroyed long before you can even have a scarab built.
Just looking at your profile gives me absolute certainty that you're a casual. So no.
Coward
You realize they would utterly destroy before you could even get a scarab out?
Kivell wrote:
Demax7 wrote:
yes because is a fantastic response!!!!!
msq2 wrote:
Coward
You must realize that if he goes in know what you're going to do he can easily counter it, right?
Tired of joining game after game where people only build scarabs. Thats not a strategy, and if it is one, its a strategy that takes zero skill. IMO it makes the game less fun for everyone including your team mates.
I was just in a game where (big surprise) my team mate chose covenant and only built a scarab THE ENTIRE TIME, even after his 1st two died, smh
People that make scarabs always rush bases by themselves and act like their helping. That NEVER helps your team mates when their getting rushed by two peoples ENTIRE armies together in 3v3. You know, like a team is supposed to play together.
I just don't see the skill. Everyone knows how to sit and not play for 10 minutes while you get enough for a scarab, then you climb over the mountains and repeat what has been done every game since it released on 360.
Except back on 360 you could choose to only play with good ranked people, and good ranked people don't rush with a scarab 100% of the time on every map in every game.
The problem is people rarely use them to help their own team mates, and being on the opposing team killing another scarab just gets old.
Knowing the right time to bring a scarab in the game makes you a really good player.
Only knowing how to make a scarab doesn't and makes every round extremely repetitive and boring.
To the point where i literally feel the need to message people and be like , "hey if you're just going to scarab rush tell me now so i can actually have a fun game with someone else"
I really hope halo wars 2 brings new mechanics to counter the same repetitive "strategies" that people do when playing
Aaaalrite. A. That is not a rush at all. B. You are correct in that it takes no skill. C. It is super easily defendable by basically anything decent. A bunch of volly wolves, or just Cobras. I really don't know what more to say
Scarabs aren't really strong and can easily be brought down.
msq2 wrote:
msq2 wrote:
Coward
You realize they would utterly destroy before you could even get a scarab out?
msq2 wrote:
Coward
You must realize that if he goes in know what you're going to do he can easily counter it, right?
Then play us. Send a message to EliteNoobForce, my gamertag.
Kivell wrote:
You all sound like whiny babies. Scarab "rush" isn't a thing. If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
I don't think that is what OP is saying. He is saying people build scarabs and just waste em right away and then continue to build them and be stupid with them.

And I agree entirely.
Kivell wrote:
You all sound like whiny babies. Scarab "rush" isn't a thing. If you are farting around long enough for someone to build a scarab, then you aren't very good at scouting or Macro-ing your units. I would counter with, if you cannot counter or stop a Scarab "rush", that makes you a noob.
This. Scarabs is a strategy I sometimes use. By the time I made the scarab, my allies are supposed to have an army. It takes me less than 10 minutes, but anyways if by minute 10 you are not ready to attack the enemy, I can suppose that you also aren't prepped to defend yourself against them, which makes you slow, inefficient and incompetent.

I don't see how rushing with hogs is cool (it ruins the whole game for the sake of seeking an easy win) while scarabs are noobish. It doesn't necessarily compromise the game: there are still other 5 players who build different units and the fact that it's a long-term strategy means the game can develop in several different ways (if these other players do something instead of building useless fully upgraded bases without making units, which is common).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3